• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

eieioNY

eieioNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:I-Mate SP5
I am a new smartphone user (had many other higher end phones before, i.e. Sony Ericsson S700i but never had a smartphone, though I’ve had ipaqs) and just got my SP5 w/qvga.

I’m looking at some ways to customize my theme/home page. I like lots of information, though I do like a clean look, so that’s a bit of a dichotomy. I also LOVE analog clocks. I did find one that is an analog clock but it has very little information on it, virtually nothing.

I’m between this theme maker/plug in and the other one called batt plug in or something like that.

May I please ask if you guys know he might consider putting in an analog clock? The space devoted to it needs to be slightly bigger as it is a circle, so a narrow strip would make the clock very tiny.

Does the current version optimize for the SP5’s qvga screen? I’ve wondered, where does the temperature come from, may I ask? Do all these new phones have a temp sensor? Or does the program go out to the web to get this info from a postal code?

Thank you all in advance for helping a total newbie out. i've not yet installed anything on my brand new SP5. worried about all these cab files and all. sounds scary and if i goofed, i might "ruin" my new SP5 ;)

By the way, fyi: I’m located in nyc.

aznsolo

aznsolo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
don't worry about missing up the phone. there's also a hard reset available to you. just dont change anything about the firmware.

"Real homies are ones who sit there inside the cell and say we f***ed up, friends are ones who are on the other side of the bars, and say we got your back"

eieioNY

eieioNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
what about this SmartMonitor versus the Batt plug in?

i'm a total newbie, so ease of use, robustness, fewer problems, no crashes...etc are really important to me. i don't even know how to install a cab file yet!

thx in advance and looking forward to your advice/opinions

eieioNY

eieioNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
2 questions please:

does this plug in support qvga please?

also, is there an analog clock option?

thx!

emyllis

emyllis

Silly Me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500, Hermes
smartmonitor simply presents a home screen with info e.g. what percent of memory/internal and external you've used, battery, signal strength, temperature etc.

They're dead easy to use:
Copy the .cab (a compressed file which you install directly on the phone - rather than say an .exe which you run on your computer and the info copies over via activesync to your phone) to your phone/storage card and find the file using file manager wihch is under accessories.

select the file, and it will install the necessary files in the right location....

Then go to START, SETTINGS, HOME SCREEN, and change HOME SCREEN LAYOUT to smart monitor. Click DONE and see how your homescreen looks then!

SinisterJunkie

SinisterJunkie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Devices:Titan

2 questions please:

does this plug in support qvga please?

also, is there an analog clock option?

thx!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your looking for an analog clock, check out RJTime.

-
SinisterJunkie

SinisterJunkie

eieioNY

eieioNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

If your looking for an analog clock, check out RJTime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i checked it out. isn't rjtime for vga and NOT qvga? i'm a newbie so i can't be sure.

thx.

Akn78

Akn78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Mteor // Qtek 8300
Hi,

I need help to get smartmonitor into my homescreen. Maybe it should have been posted in this thread so i put up a link about it. I really wants to get rid of the launchbar and get in Smartmonitor there instead. Thnx for helping out!

http://www.modaco.co...en-t234149.html

// Akn78

HTC Mteor // Qtek 8300

reggie220

reggie220

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Hate to ask a stupid question, but here goes :D

Is there an easy way (w/o xml) to get the SmartMonitor plugin to show on my homescreen while using Facade and Fizz traveller. I cant seem to make it work.

Thanks!

Never mind, I figured it out :D

Edited by reggie220, 25 August 2006 - 03:30 PM.

fmonti

fmonti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The signal meter plugin in Smartmonitor behaves oddly: If for som ereason I loose signal, the signal indicator goes to 1% (indicating no signal), but never comes up again once the signal strength goes up. Turning off and on again the phone gets things back to normal...Anybody experienced this behaviour?

mmarceau

mmarceau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q
Anyone on here have a copy of the smartmonitor user guide. or anything for homescreen developers to use to help in development? Thanks!

redfisher1139

redfisher1139

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack II

Anyone on here have a copy of the smartmonitor user guide. or anything for homescreen developers to use to help in development? Thanks!

I am going to have to second that motion, as the link to the site appears to be dead.

Aitrus

Aitrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:blackjack
ok i am wondering if smartmonitor is able to support signal icons like 3G,E,G to be displayed next to the signal strength? i'm wondering cause there is a person at http://mobile.txcaes...amp;p=3501#3501 trying to do so and i think it would be really cool to have it like this :( .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users