New SMS Program - With Distribution Lists!!! Full Program!!

Guest TigerNet

Guest TigerNet

Hi all

As some of you know, I have been after this for a while. With many thanks to CodesRaider who has developed the program for me, I thought I'd see if there was any interest in the community for it.

The key feature for me is that the program will allow you to create SMS distribution lists. It will read your existing contacts and messages and could effectively replace the built in application.

If anyone would like to test a 'limited' version, please let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Then we will see what to do with the full version...(commercial or free... :roll: )

EDIT (15/12/04): Full version now posted...Happy Christmas!!!

Cheers

Nick

SmartSMS_2003_v1_02final.CAB

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, I'm interested!

Don't mind paying either, if it's good (not being funny but I won't pay for Mickey Mouse software, if it's good though I'll pay a reasonable price)

How about a built-in scheduler as well?

Rey's SMS Scheduler (on www.airfagev.com) looks good, but just doesn't work on the C500!

I'm not personally in any need for scheduling or distribution lists, but I do think that the default messaging app is a bit lame - but a replecement for me would need to have a homescreen plugin. The you could do all kinds of exciting things like making shortcuts not only to making a new message, but directly to the contacts list!! Or sms favourites lists, where your most commonly used numbers could be stored fopr quicker access. & a homescreen plugin that would display more info, like the name of the sender when a new message arrives, or even better, the name & the first few lines of text!!??

I have no idea how feasible any of that stuff is, or whether or not you're interested, but if so let me know. & if you want me to test out this app give me a shout, but if it's only really aimed at distribution lists then I may not be a very good candidate. ^_^

Guest chucky.egg

Nice ideas Doc!

On Symbian you could create shortcuts to contacts, new SMS etc and it was really useful, so I'd definately support that idea!

A plugin showing who the last message was from would be great, but wouldn't it also have to scroll the message (to avoid taking up too much screen space) for it to be really useful?

How about this though? Started with an SMS distribution list app and it's turned into requests for every feature under the sun! ^_^

How about this though?  Started with an SMS distribution list app and it's turned into requests for every feature under the sun! ^_^

I know - I just thought I'd push my luck to see what happened! :twisted:

Guest MoRFLeZ

Just changed from my Siemens MC60 to SPV C500 and I'm in dire need of distribution lists!!

In other words .. wouldn't mind a PM so I could help ya test the program.

How about a built-in scheduler as well?

Rey's SMS Scheduler (on www.airfagev.com) looks good, but just doesn't work on the C500!

Works just fine on mine...

@Jopao...pm for ya!!

Hey TigerNet! Thanks so much! ive DL'ed and tested it, it works great!

i think the manage list feature can be improved in the final version to have more natural flow: input list name, add contacts(get contacts), ENABLE T9 (or at least first letter search) for easier selection, then SAVE.

Overall, i think its a really great APP! thanks again!

Guest TigerNet

@lukeap69...got it...yes it is 2003 only at the moment...it was developed specifically for my own needs...no plans at the moment to do for 2002, but we will see what demand is there...

@try...pm for you...

Cheers

Nick

installed and used so far with no problems

only thing that annoys me so far is the message that tell you its read sim contacts when first launched, but thats not major