LIVEstrong Wrist Bands...

Guest spacecowboy6982

• 2 months later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

I am a supporter of LIVEstrong bands, and am wearing one now.

I have actually ordered a pack of 100, and will be selling them on MoDaCo for £1 each, which is exactly the cost inc delivery from the US, an envelope, and a Second Class stamp (feel free to do the maths!)

Watch this space...

P

Guest TigerNet

...got my blue anti bullying one yesterday...I coach a lot of rugby in schools and think it is a good idea for the kids to see that this behaviour is not condoned...

...Paul...could you put me down for 2 Livestrong bands when they arrive please...

...also thought maybe we could do a MoDaCo Tsunami band...thoughts???

Cheers

Nick

Guest smartphone-web.com

Here in the US many many people are wearing these wristbands. You see them everywhere- just like iPod Headphones. :D I like the idea but I do not like Lance Amstrong - thats why i do not buy one. I do support UNICEF instead.

Guest philgriffiths

Just out of interest.. why don't you like Lance Armstrong?

Also Paul, will there be an official announcement when you have your supply of wristbands?

Guest kurtfhouse

I don't have one but anything for charity is a good thing in my opinion. Quite like the idea of a MoDaCo band Paul, I think they would do well...

Guest Paul [MVP]

Got the quote for the 'MoDaCo Bands', probably a no-go as I would have to commit to 1000, and the cost would be in the region of £2 per band, with half going to charity.

I'm not sure we can shift that many :D

They would likely be either 'MoDaCo Background Blue', 'MoDaCo Dude Outline Red' or 'MoDaCo Dude Trousers Orange' and would feature the wording 'Charity @ MoDaCo'...

Thoughts?

P

Guest Chaser81

I'd buy one if that helps. Sure a lot of others on here would too. Look at the response you had for the Modaco Tsunami/Modaco plus charity event. Raised a lot there didnt you?

Guest spacecowboy6982
True...

I"ll have a think...

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd definitly buy a MoDaCo band :exclaim:

Just recently 5 new ones have been released - "Be-Strong" Colours include black, white, red etc worn by Thierry Henry, Paul :D

Guest philgriffiths

I'd be up for one.. Has the benefit of giving to charity plus you will get something a bit different to the normal yellow wristbands, which is a plus for vein old me

Guest philgriffiths

On reflection i think i would quite like the MoDaCo wrist band to be either the red outline of the MoDaCo Dude or the orange of his trousers, since there is already a blue wristband going about related to anti-bullying campaigns.

I wonder what are peoples thoughts on what charity money raised from a MoDaCo wristband (should there be one) should go to?

Cancer research? (If you believe what you read in the papers mobile phones will give us all cancers so its more of an investment than a donation :D )

What about some kind of charity that helps victims of domestic abuse or children who have suffered sexual abuse? I think it would be nice if it were a charity that doesnt really get a lot of financial support, where any monies raised could make a really big difference to that charity. But thats just my opinion

Guest FrankyG

Don't flame for this, but why do people like to have a visible 'icon' that says 'hey, I give to charity'? It's maybe just me, but I hate to see anyone blowing their own trumpet, especially when it comes to giving to charity. Kinda questions the motive in my view. Give to Charity, definately, but do it quietly. It's maybe a bit different if you're a rock star and hold a certain amount of influence/political sway, but for ordinary Joe on the streets....what exactly is the point in wearing a band? (I'm asking this sincerley, not to offend anyone who chooses to wear one)