Battery mha860 goes down fast...

Guest nefas44

Guest nefas44

Hi,

I'm getting crazy with my phone.... It came with a battery 860mha. The first time I charged it for a whole day... The following times (until now) I used to discharge it completely and then charge it for 2 hrs after the green light appeared. But... nothing....

The phone works maximum for 12 hrs and then it shut off... Maybe (or for sure) there is no solution but to buy 2 ore more batteries...

My bro has a Mitac 8380 and it works minimum for 24 hrs and he use it often by connecting to internet, e-mails, MSN etc.

Du you have any suggestions??

Keep it cool....

:wink: I promise I will improve my english

Guest citrus3000psi

Im in the same boat...I just don't understand. I can leave my phone sitting on its own never using it and it wont last 24 hours. But I hear some people saying theres last 2 days talking on it all the time. Theres just not something right here. And yes i've checked all the programs running in the background etc. Its like theres a design flaw and I got one with the flaws.

Guest markgamber

I've noticed the same thing but only now and then, it's not consistent (naturally, it's mitac). I put the phone on the nightstand next to my bed and 75% of the time, I wake up in the morning and it's fine. The other 25% of the time I wake up and if it's not completely dead, the LED is blinking and the battery warning is being displayed. I thought perhaps I lost service overnight and it went into scan mode which tends to eat batteries pretty quickly. If that was the case, however, there would be a lot of people complaining in this area (there aren't) and I'd have errors from the email scheduler (there aren't) and if it loses contact with the SIM, you have to reset it to get it working again (I don't). There was a message thread on this site someplace that stated if you charge the battery fully, let it charge another hour or so, then do a hard reset, you can get more life from your battery. That may work for some phones but I didn't notice a difference with the 8390 although if you don't mind doing a reset, you might want to try it. Otherwise, there's no rhyme or reason so I chalk it up to the 8390 being an unsupported chunk of s*** that even nokia would find embarrassing.

I am usually in Hong Kong but have been in UK for 6 weeks and noticed my battery life will not get me through a day of even light use. After a bit of trial and error, I find several things.

I tried the usual steps of closing down apps. no good

When I am out of coverage for an afternoon, the phones uses up a lot of power when searching for network.

Also, at other times, the phone appears to transmit continuously even when in stand-by, logged on to a network and idle - I know this cause a speaker nearby is buzzing (that familar GSM buzzing we all have heard). Usually this should occur for a few seconds occassionally when handshaking with the network but not for 10 minutes continously.

I think its a software problem and will be taking it back to the service centre when I get back.

Maybe you could try the same test. Stick you phone near a loudspeaker so you can hear the RF transmissions from the phone.