Mail on Storage Card

Guest HKBoySiR

Guest HKBoySiR

Hello all, I'm not sure if this topic was covered before, but I managed to get my mail setup so that my inbox goes to my mini-sd card. I sync via exchange server, so I'm not sure if the same principle works for pop3/imap mailboxes or not. If anyone is interested, I've posted a setup cab file. Please let me know how it works for you if you do decide to use it.

sdmail.CAB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jleecong

I did this little "update" last night.

While it didn't take any messages I had on the phone and transfer them to the storage card. I deleted all messages (POP3, Synced, TXTs, etc.) and then resent the few I had to have to my phone, resynced with outlook, and all message were stored on the miniSD card like they should have been.

It seemed to store POP, and Synced messages on the storage card.

Thanks HKBoySiR!

• 1 month later...
Guest hodula1

Nice one HKBoySiR. One question though. Do I have to set up the email account first before installing the registry cab file or do all mail boxes set up after the install automatically get stored on the SD card?

Guest jleecong

I used the update about a month ago and today had corruption all in the MAIL folder on my storage card.

corrupt_mail.gif

While a format fixed everything and I'm still using the update, I figured I would let others know.

Guest HKBoySiR
Nice one HKBoySiR.  One question though. Do I have to set up the email account first before installing the registry cab file or do all mail boxes set up after the install automatically get stored on the SD card?

Either or. I typically install it on a clean phone, before I first sync up, but if install it afterwards, all future mail will sync to the storage card.

Guest HKBoySiR
I used the update about a month ago and today had corruption all in the MAIL folder on my storage card.

corrupt_mail.gif

While a format fixed everything and I'm still using the update, I figured I would let others know.

In response, I've never had a corruption issue with the mail folder, and I've been running multiple mailboxes on my SD card for over a month.

Guest jleecong
In response, I've never had a corruption issue with the mail folder, and I've been running multiple mailboxes on my SD card for over a month.
I don't think it was the "mail hack" that’s why I said that I'm still using it. If you look at the dates I have been using the hack for 1 month and 2 days. I use it for 2 POP accounts and Synced mail.

My post was more of this could happen, and if others do have problems with corruption and are using the hack it could be a problem.

Again I don't think the mail hack caused this and am still using your hack. THANKS!

Guest HKBoySiR
I don't think it was the "mail hack" that’s why I said that I'm still using it. If you look at the dates I have been using the hack for 1 month and 2 days. I use it for 2 POP accounts and Synced mail.

My post was more of this could happen, and if others do have problems with corruption and are using the hack it could be a problem.

Again I don't think the mail hack caused this and am still using your hack. THANKS!

My bad for misunderstanding. **PHEW** I thought I broke something there for a moment. :?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any chance it will work for the MPx220. There is nothing out there to decertify the MPx220 or allow the mail to be put on the miniSD. I want all of my emails and attachments with me :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest HKBoySiR

I don't think it world be too hard, I just don't have one to work with. I might be able to cook something up with a stock copy of the registry though.

...any news on making this compatible with the Jam??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest HKBoySiR
Any update on an MPx220 work around.  I haved tried the app but Cingular has app locked it so it won't install.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone who is interested in this tweak for non c500/smt5600 please PM me with their phone model? I'd like to work with a small group at first and then release to a larger crowd. The reason being, I don't have some of these phones and would like to get further information from you so that I can make this tweak universal.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ht354

I have tried to run the CAB file but I keep getting the message that it is not a valid windows CE setup file.

How do I correct this problem?

Thanks from the Noob.

Guest loveu64

I think I installed this program, but I dunno if I really did and where to find the file and how to use it. And perhaps how to delete it. Can someone please help me.

By the way, does this work for SMS as well?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest johnwin

I tried this on my c500 and mail did get stored on the sd card - but only the hearer info shoed up when I looked at my mail. I checked my sync settings and the mail contend should have synced but did not. I removed the app and everything synced correctly!

Any clues what may have been going wrong?

• 3 months later...
Guest whemmingway
Hello all, I'm not sure if this topic was covered before, but I managed to get my mail setup so that my inbox goes to my mini-sd card. I sync via exchange server, so I'm not sure if the same principle works for pop3/imap mailboxes or not. If anyone is interested, I've posted a setup cab file. Please let me know how it works for you if you do decide to use it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any required setup on this once it is installed?