Theme Changer Version 4

Guest g4mb17

Guest g4mb17
what is the specification of sound pack for Theme Changer ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by specifications? it *should* work on all 2002/2003 Windows Mobile Smartphone devices.

Riki

• 1 month later...
Guest netmaster

Hi

I installed the last versione (4.1 i suppose) and it works fine. But if I choose a theme with Media player skin attached; Theme changer was not able to change the media player skin properly.

I look in windows registry in Local_Machin\Software\microsoft\Windows media player\Parameters and i saw that Theme changed the values into SKINDIR and SKINFILE keys but it did not change the DefaultProtraitSkin...

I need to change it manually in order to activate my new skin on media player....

is it a bug ?

Guest Farcorfe

Hi

I just installed v4.1 of your theme changer, and when it started up the first time, a message asked me to email "Motorola_MPx220.1329.txt" to you because it was an unseen version. I didn't make a note of the email address, so here's the file for you (and anyone else who might want it).

FYI if it's relevant I bought the phone a week ago in Hong Kong, and it's unbranded with 1.32 ROM on it.

Thanks for a great looking prog!

Motorola_MPx220.1329.txt

Guest g4mb17
Hi

I installed the last versione (4.1 i suppose) and it works fine. But if I choose a theme with Media player skin attached; Theme changer was not able to change the media player skin properly.

I look in windows registry in Local_Machin\Software\microsoft\Windows media player\Parameters and i saw that Theme changed the values into SKINDIR and SKINFILE keys but it did not change the DefaultProtraitSkin...

I need to change it manually in order to activate my new skin on media player....

is it a bug ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm i havn't seen this key before, yes i think it is a bug. interesting, thanks for that.

riki

Guest g4mb17

I've uploaded build 1331 which fixes the WMedia skin issue, thanks netmaster.

and thanks for the 'Motorola_MPx220.1329.txt' file Farcorfe.

riki

Guest johnwalk

I just tried you program. I loaded it onto the SD card. After a bit I did an uninstall, now I get "notification errors" constantly on bootup.

How do you fix this?

Thanks

Guest g4mb17
I just tried you program. I loaded it onto the SD card. After a bit I did an uninstall, now I get "notification errors" constantly on bootup.

How do you fix this?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, try installing it again, then turn on and off the 'schedule backgrounds'. hopefully that fixes it.

riki

Guest g4mb17

How do you fix this?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, try installing it again, then turn on and off the 'schedule backgrounds'. hopefully that fixes it.

riki

Guest Herzl

Hi Riki, thanks for a nice app! I do have a little problem. That is when I choose a theme, and I choose an other background than the default background, it won't show it. I placed the themes in \Storage Card\Application Data\Home. Even when I choose a background that was originally on my C500, it will not show it in the theme I chose. Can u help me?

default_bg.gif vs. custom_bg.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest kwyjibo

riki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am now getting the notification error for the second time. Last time

I had to hard reset to get rid of it.

I don't have schedule backgrounds on, or any other options, I simply use

it to change themes.

The only thing I remember doing this time out of the ordinary was applying the

storage card fix. I have since un-checked it but the problem is still there.

• 3 months later...
Guest iam25boy
I am now getting the notification error for the second time. Last time

I had to hard reset to get rid of it.

I don't have schedule backgrounds on, or any other options, I simply use

it to change themes.

The only thing I remember doing this time out of the ordinary was applying the

storage card fix. I have since un-checked it but the problem is still there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am having the same problem. How can I fix this?? thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi Riki.

Great app. I've just upgraded to a SPV C600 from a C500. I tried to install Theme Changer (TC) on the C600. Initially I forgot to move my wallpaper images to the right area on my storage card and so I moved them following a reboot. Since then I can't get TC to start. The app appears on my Start menu, when selected it tries to start, flashes on screen briefly and then disappears.

I've installed and reinstalled TC several times trying both phone and storage card locations without making a difference. I tried using v4.1.

Do you have any ideas what's wrong? I'm happy to provide more information if necessary.

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying out version 4.1 on my Treo 700w smartphone from Verizion.

Program and themepacks install without errors on my smartphone. I can run Theme Changer with no problems as well.

I can select a home layout and attempt to apply the theme. I get a confirmation message to apply the theme and I select 'Yes' I don't get any errors but nothing changes on my phone and my old theme remains. I've tried several themes in theme pack A and C without success.

Does this app support Treo 700w?

Also, I realize the developer(s) may not have access to this particular phone so I would be glad to do some testing or whatever to assist.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Riki.

Great app. I've just upgraded to a SPV C600 from a C500. I tried to install Theme Changer (TC) on the C600. Initially I forgot to move my wallpaper images to the right area on my storage card and so I moved them following a reboot. Since then I can't get TC to start. The app appears on my Start menu, when selected it tries to start, flashes on screen briefly and then disappears.

I've installed and reinstalled TC several times trying both phone and storage card locations without making a difference. I tried using v4.1.

Do you have any ideas what's wrong? I'm happy to provide more information if necessary.

thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't suppose you've had any luck with the problem above...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redfish001
I am really impressed with this, especially now my WMA ringtones work again.

I have a further request / question. Is there anyway to to change the scheduling to allow custom time to be entered or add in some other choices such as 3 or 4 hours?

All I need to do now is learn how to use XML and create some of my own homescreens and backgrounds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

很好("hen'how")!!!(very good!)

• 3 months later...
Guest tobbbie

Hi,

...I also have the SD card problem when wallpaper files are located on the SD card.

Then at startup the SD seems not accessible and the homescreen is not useable.

I checked the option "SD card fix", but when repeating the dialogue it seems not stored

(unchecked again). I noticed however that the registry key is set and that TC starts up

a dialogue after the machine reboots.

Unfortunately you have to

1.) change something (if you don't, it will not update the homescreen)

2.) manually confirm

before the homescreen is updated.

Why don't you do the same as if you were changing a wallpaper and send the trigger

to reload the homescreen after a configurable time interval?

Another idea:

While this is a valid approach to tackle the delayed availability of the SD card, I would suggest

an alternate solution that should work for sure. Instead of linking to the backgrounds on the SD Card,

you could copy the active background to the normal storage (also with a special name if you fear

to overwrite stuff there, e.g. name_tc.*) and create the home*.hif file then after.

This might get more complex when dealing with complete themes, but it should work for the

background image. I have to state however that the problem should be for the background image

only, since it is the only theme-item that is required so early (homescreen loads) and never refreshed

again later.

What do you think?

bye

tobbbie

:)

P.S.: I don't deal much with changing themes or sounds, but I noticed that mp3 files cannot be selected

from your sound selections. They can be used (at least for ringtones) on the T-Mobile SDA music (Germany) aka QTEK 8100.

• 2 months later...
Guest tum_kv

Hi Riki

I use ThemeChanger v4.1 when I restart, I get this notify

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cannot execute "Storage Card\Program Files\ThemeChanger\ThemeChanger.exe"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you Fix this problem? (Uninstall program cannot solve this problem.)

Help me please..... T_T

Thank you very much.

Edited by tum_kv

• 4 months later...
Guest liljawa

cannot execute "Storage Card\Program Files\ThemeChanger\ThemeChanger.exe

i get the same but randomly at startup sometimes/sometimes not! where is the startuper for this program didngt found it in registry/startupfolder?! and without uninstalling it

• 4 months later...
Guest kwoodall

I finally lost interest in changing themes all the time and uninstalled ThemeChanger. Problem is - every time I start up my phone now it keeps tell me it can't execute /storage card/themechanger/themechanger.exe -- I've searched in the startup directory, registery, and can't find any references to it anymore. Where is this coming from ??

Help!

Kermit