sp3i available now!!

Guest zerod

Guest Confucious

Only 393 in stock at .co.uk (Have they sold over 100 allready?) but at over £100 more than the C500 it seems a tad expensive.

But, if it's what you want....

Guest radiator

I pre-ordered mine last night...

Got an email this morning saying it's been shipped, so hopefully it'll arrive either tomorrow or friday...

woot!

(and sod the price difference, it's much nicer than the SP3/C500!)

I notice that now there is the (UK Version) on sp3i. what that means? only english language?

it means that it uses the 900,1800,1900 GSM frequencies - so if you live in the us and are on t-mobile your fine - if your on cingular/att - your outta luck (may not get as good a reception).

i'm on t-mobile and just ordered one - should get it monday.

All,

Let us know how it is!! I'm one of the one's that really wants this, but will wait to hear some others feedback on how it actually is in real life use... I'd also really be curious to hear peoples input on this one vs. the C500 if they've used them both...

Guest radiator
All,  

Let us know how it is!! I'm one of the one's that really wants this, but will wait to hear some others feedback on how it actually is in real life use... I'd also really be curious to hear peoples input on this one vs. the C500 if they've used them both...

I'm expecting mine tomorrow (according to Royal Mail's parcel tracking).

I'll charge it at work, and write a 'first impressions' tomorrow night...

:lol:

it means that it uses the 900,1800,1900 GSM frequencies - so if you live in the us and are on t-mobile your fine - if your on cingular/att - your outta luck (may not get as good a reception).

I live in Italy and I have an mpx200 with 900,1800,1900 so I think it's ok the UK version. thank you

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

SP3i Available to Buy Now at Shop @ MoDaCo

C500 - SP3 - SP3i - JAM - PDA2k - M2000 What a collection :wink:

I can tell you the SP3i is a little beauty 8)

Three questions for anyone that knows for SURE....

1. Does this have the headset and handsfree bluetooth profiles?

2. Can you properly do voice dial through a bluetooth headset where you do NOT even have to touch the phone at all?

3. I remember rumours flying around that there is an option on the phone to change it from 900/1800/1900 to 850/1800/1900. Is this true, or are you 100% sure that this would be two different phones and the same physical phone cannot do both 850 and 900?

Guest Confucious
SP3i Available to Buy Now at Shop @ MoDaCo

C500 - SP3 - SP3i - JAM - PDA2k - M2000 What a collection  :wink:  

I can tell you the SP3i is a little beauty  8)

You forgot to mention that it'cheaper at MoDaCo than Expansys :lol:

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
Could you tell us if the Modaco Shop SP3i comes with an EU AC adaptor when delivering in France or Germany ? Thanks.

They come with a UK adaptor but next week we will have an EU adaptor available to buy in the shop, thinking about it if you order the phone/s next week and you live in the EU send an email to [email protected] and we will swap the chargers over free of charge :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]

1. Does this have the headset and handsfree bluetooth profiles?

Unknown.

2. Can you properly do voice dial through a bluetooth headset where you do NOT even have to touch the phone at all?

Yes.

3. I remember rumours flying around that there is an option on the phone to change it from 900/1800/1900 to 850/1800/1900. Is this true, or are you 100% sure that this would be two different phones and the same physical phone cannot do both 850 and 900?

Lies, damn lies. The hardware is different.

Hi, I ask to expansys what means UK version. they say that the only language on the Phone is English, does this mean that t9 it's only in english?

If I have the file with italian t9 on my mpx200 is it possible to upload it on the sp3i and then to have the italian t9? Does it function?

Thanks for the answers Paul! I have a few more questions on the shop...

1. Do you ship to the USA? If so, what is the shipping cost?

2. What is the total cost of the phone for me in the USA (i.e. not VAT)?

3. Can I just order it online at the shop as normal (I'm not sure since I don't see any mention of what people in the US should do on the website and it does say it ships to certain countries, but the USA isn't in that list)?

4. Does this phone come with a USA power adapter/lead?

Guest Confucious

Wardy - isn't the SP3i the same format as the C500 in that it uses MiniSd cards not full size ones and even if it did the fact that they are hidden behind the battery and there are no drivers for Smartphone WiFi would preclude the use of a WiFi card IIRC.

wardy wrote:Do you know if its SDIO complient and if it is can a WIFI card be used ?

no it doesn't support SDIO

radiator wrote:I'm expecting mine tomorrow (according to Royal Mail's parcel tracking).  

I'll charge it at work, and write a 'first impressions' tomorrow night...

is it arrived?

Wardy - isn't the SP3i the same format as the C500 in that it uses MiniSd cards not full size ones and even if it did the fact that they are hidden behind the battery and there are no drivers for Smartphone WiFi would preclude the use of a WiFi card IIRC.

Wibly wobly ... Wow blonde moment here .... Yea it is the same as the C500!!! lol what was I thinking.

Ok hope this isn't as silly as the last question, Is it possible to Flash the SP3i with the new Orange upgrade ???

Would give it a go but I have no ROM Backup