t-zones button on SDA customizable?

Guest rsca

hi guys,

i was just wondering if it is possible to change the two hardware buttons (t-zones and mail) on the SDA, since i don't use t-mobile?

if so, how? Is there a tutorial available somewhere?

please help.

Thanks!

absolutely possible ;-)

here's what you need to do:

1.) do a registry unlock with the attached tool

2.) install a registry editor like this one

3.) start registry editor and navigate like this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> T-Mobile-> t-zones, press "Values", choose "URL" put in what you want (in this case i choose www.mobilejoe.de)-> press "Done"

4.) close registry explorer

pics & tool attached.

cheers, lutz

ps: you'll always see my face when you press the t-zones key after that.... ;-) or maybe not.

Guest psybill

hi lutzh...

I noticed that there are many tweaks in www.mobilejoe.de it would be great if you could write some of them in english. automatic translators don't help very much.

one more question. what's the difference between "sda_applicationunlock.zip" and "sdatweakui_v008_beta". before I read this post I thought that the second was the registry unlocker.

I like this phone but all information is in german language. please help :lol:

psybill, the unlocker removes the partial lock of the registry from the sda (needed to change t-zones key and reorder entries in start menu), SDA TweakUI does the following:

- removes operator logo

- deactivates t-mobile sound file on shut down

- t-mob start and end screen removal

- keep gprs connection alive

- reassign t-zones key to a url of your choice.

here is how it works:

1. copy the zip file (!) to your sda (eg. to storage)

2. open file explorer on your sda and click on the zip file

3. run SDA.exe

4. enter a url you want to use for the t-zones key

5. press "Fertig"

cheers, lutz

Guest psybill
1. copy the zip file (!) to your sda (eg. to storage)
my sda? I don't think so... :lol:

just think of it but I can't deside between this and t-mobile compact.

thanks for your help anyway!!!

Ok, found a solution.

In the URL path just put the location of a program begining with file://

eg. (for smartexplorer)

file://StorageProgram FilesBinarysSmart Explorer ENsmartexplorerEN.exe

It will start IE first before it launch the app. Anyone have better solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ozziegn

okay, I dont know if this is is the same thing or not but does anyone know how I can get around this non-digitally signed app stuff?

I tried to install an app and my MPx220 told me it wouldnt run the app because it wasnt digitally signed.

my phone allowed me to install the app but it wouldnt allow me to run it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darius.germala
Ok, found a solution.

In the URL path just put the location of a program begining with file://

eg. (for smartexplorer)

file://StorageProgram FilesBinarysSmart Explorer ENsmartexplorerEN.exe

It will start IE first before it launch the app. Anyone have better solution?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, you can type there directly path to the program you want to launch. E.g. to assing the launch of contacts type \Windows\Contacts.exe

Or you can assign any other program you have installed.

Guest gphillips

Hi

you seem to know what you are talking about! - If you can help me I would be SO greatful!

I have purchased an MPX220 from the USA and am using it in the UK. Proir to the Windows Startup screen I get the AT&T screen, and in the messaging program, I have MMail, as well as Outlook. Outlook doesnt work however, as I cannot edit the account details.

Do you know how I can remove these things? - or at least the MMail messaging account?

Many thanks in advance. Email is [email protected]

absolutely possible ;-)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> T-Mobile-> t-zones, press "Values",  choose "URL" put in what you want (in this case i choose www.mobilejoe.de)-> press "Done"

pics & tool attached.

cheers, lutz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lutzh,

I have a dutch t-mobile SDA and the unlock app does not work. Standard error that the app is not a valid CE application etc.

I am sure I'm licking right! Could there be a difference in German and Dutch SDA?

Do you, or does anybody, know of a dutch SDA being succesfully unlocked with your app or any other app??

lutzh,

I have a dutch t-mobile SDA and the unlock app does not work. Standard error that the app is not a valid CE application etc. 

I am sure I'm licking right! Could there be a difference in German and Dutch SDA?

Do you, or does anybody, know of a dutch SDA being succesfully unlocked with your app or any other app??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u dont need to unlock the SDA to apply an other link to the T-zones-button, the ClearType-Tweak AFAIK is the onlyone who needs the SDA to be unlocked.

I never unlocked my SDA and didn't had any problems with tweaking the registry.

So if u like ClearType, simply leave the reg-lock aplied. Dont mix it up with the application unlock for e.g. C500

u dont need to unlock the SDA to apply an other link to the T-zones-button, the ClearType-Tweak AFAIK is the onlyone who needs the SDA to be unlocked.

I never unlocked my SDA and didn't had any problems with tweaking the registry.

So if u like ClearType, simply leave the reg-lock aplied. Dont mix it up with the application unlock for e.g. C500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi,

do you know where i can change the Windows Media player keys on a SDA Music. I want to customize the 3 keys to start other programs.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest boffergeld
AFAIK no way so far

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news here? Would be very interested in changing "back" and "forward".

• 7 months later...
Guest krishna1270
absolutely possible ;-)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> T-Mobile-> t-zones, press "Values",  choose "URL" put in what you want (in this case i choose www.mobilejoe.de)-> press "Done"

pics & tool attached.

cheers, lutz

ps: you'll always see my face when you press the t-zones key after that.... ;-) or maybe not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I am using T-Mobile SDA for quite sometime now, however the 'T-Mobile' entry does not seem to exist in my phone's registry. I there any other way to change the functionality. As of now the button has no functionality.

• 1 month later...
Guest estocks

The SDA unlock application is run on the PC, with the SDA connected by Activesync.

• 9 months later...
Guest mikeeey

acually it isnt that hard...

i hav mine as the task manager.

Go to the windows folder. take task_manager.exe and copy it to ur desktop. then take Short_Ap1.exe and copy it to ur desktop. copy the name of shirt_ap1.exe and copy it. delete it and then paste the name on task_manager.exe. now copy ur new Short_Ap1.exe back to the windows folder and now the T-zones button opens that task manager. u can do this with any other file or Short_ file.