C500 and gmail

Guest Oak

Hi

I am trying to setup my C500 to access my gmail account via pop3.

I have filled in all the details, but whe I select to send/receive i get the following message:

An error occured while downloading messages. verify that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again.

Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

Guest bosshogg

I had the same problem but got it working, here are my connection details:

incoming server:

pop.gmail.com:995

requires ssl connection

outgoing server:

smtp.gmail.com:587

outgoing server requires authentication

also make sure you have POP3 access turned ON at gmail!

Guest Slsk-addict

It looked promising, but I get this message:

Can't connect to the incoming server. Check the sercername and try again.

Any ideas?It looked promising, but I get this message:

Can't connect to the incoming server. Check the sercername and try again.

Any ideas?

Working perfectly on my C500. Make sure you use your complete Gmail email address as your username and not just the bit before the @.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

can't get mine to work either, i've also tried both ports 465 and 587 for outgoing too.

edit: mine works fine in outlook too!

edit: no wait it doesn't, it doesn't download anything anymore, stupid gmail

Guest ekkelon

In My C500 After inserted the correct settings ... when I check my email account, the system send me this error message:

"Certificate from the server not correct. Continue?"

The settings are these:

incoming server:

requires ssl connection

outgoing server:

smtp.gmail.com:587

outgoing server requires authentication

Someone can help me!?

THNX.

I'm using a Voyager with an Imate ROM and I don't put the ports in... It works to where I can read and write gmail, but..... Each subsequent time I retrieve messages it ONLY shows me new messages I didn't download before and gets rid of all other messages it's already previously retrieved (doesn't delete them in gmail thankfully, only on the phone)!! :shock: :?

So, You've put the port numbers in and it doesn't work and I haven't put them in and it does work. What do you reckon?

Of course I'm sure!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Just tried without the port numbers..

An error occured while downloading messages. Verify that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct then try again.

(i'm on passthrough so coverage should be fine)

Guest Confucious

I don't think the port numbers are the problem. I have them in and it works for me, fozzie doesn't and it works for him so it should work either way. Presumably your passthrough connection is working OK and you get the same message with GPRS? If so then either your username and/or password are wrong or you have not stup POP3 access on your gmail account. As I asked before have you set up your Gmail account in Outtlook and does it work?

Guest Slsk-addict

lol the no port thingie worked for me too :lol:

But my initial mistake was that my internet-acces (start-4-9-2) was set to automatic. Set it @ internet-acces

Now I still have troubles downloading m existing e-mails to my phone. I tried sending/receiving option and setting it up again and selecting "download messages from the last 5 days"

It just doesn't do anything.

Guest Confucious

As with all POP3 mail on the phone it only shows new mail that has not been read.

Glad you got it working - but my internet access is set to Automatic and mine works :lol:

Guest iofdetiger

gah! i cant get it working, ive tried everything on this thread, my gmail pop3 access is on, my internet is working fine, ive never tried to connect to outlook, ive tried with and without the port numbers, my username and password are correct.

any other ideas.

• 1 month later...
Guest iam25boy
Can you download your gmail to outlook? You say

Why not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finally, i get it working.

You need to use the following config in your gmail settings:

SSL (checked)

smtp.gmail.com:587 (must use port 587. Don't know why)

SSL (checked)

Username: [email protected] (must use full email address)

Password:

Now, it still won't work. You need to connect your phone to your PC and check the Gmail using the ActiveSync passthrough. Once you did that, the phone will complain something about invalid certificate. Just say you want to "continue" and ignore that message. Once you did that, you should be able to download your email.

After this is done, from now on you can connect to gmail with GPRS.

I don't know why I need to use the passthrough connection first. Maybe the certificate and the smtp port number has something to do with it. I am using Audiovox smt5600 and AT&T network.

Hope this help!

:D

Guest Randomtask

I've had sporadic success with this... I just tried setting POP3 access to GMail up on my phone for the third time and it actually worked. I received mail and successfully sent a message. That was the end of my success...

Every time I try to Send/Receive I get the "Network Coverage/Account Information" error message...

Is this working every time for people?