SmartCommander Server 0.93||Smartphoneclient 0.91

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake
Smart Commander turns your phone into something totaly diferent which has not been done before.

It enables you to control your computer through scripts which can be set on up to 34 keys. Which gives you more control over what you will use Smart Commander for then other "remote control" applications which limit you to pre-programmed actions.

Making a script is really easy, select the key you wish to set the script on, select a action from the options and then fill in some info and press the add button. There is no limited length to a script so the script can do small things like press a key or move the mouse to things like typing entire letters or doing a combination of keys followed by text and much more.

Development of Smart Commander started on the 10th of November 2004 and is still a running project which is getting near to an 1.0 release.

You can grab the latest version from

http://www.ultimasoftware.nl/smartcommander

Enjoy

Edited by ultimasnake

Guest lighthouse82

that looks like it'll be an excellent, excellent prog, ultimasnake!! will it be possible to assign shortcut keys to particular programs or even files?

Guest ultimasnake
that looks like it'll be an excellent, excellent prog, ultimasnake!! will it be possible to assign shortcut keys to particular programs or even files?

you mean as in 0 starts media player? or opens a certain movie file ?

or like 0 presses the enter button IN media player or something

the first one is on the roadmap but not sure if the second will be possible..

Guest lighthouse82

yeah, i meant the first one:

perhaps for example

1=start menu

2=media player/ iTunes

3=firefox/IE

4=thunderbird/outlook

5=my documents

etc...

well they'll be user-definable won't they?

i don't know how many things you'd want to do, probably wouldn't work to have a two-number code would it?

i'm looking forward to it very much tho!! :lol: :D ;)

EDIT: just thought of sthg else - it would be 10 times better if you could assign buttons or even the joystick to the cursor keys and enter, not just mouse and click. i don't know if it's possible to toggle this with the # key, for example???

And another thing - scrolling!! could this be assigned to a couple of buttons (vol up/down maybe)

Guest ultimasnake

ofcourse they will be configurable by the user :lol:.. also keyboard mapping is almost done and as stated by nedge2k it will be possible (read the lines i would say, hehehe joke())

edit (sorry customer walked into the shop):

But i do like the things you say but i already thought of those... BUT let's keep them comming fellas.. al ideas are welcome :D

Guest lighthouse82

i did read the bit about keyboard mapping - my point was to wonder if it is possible to have two mappings for the phone's joystick/pad toggleable with say the * button - so on one mapping it moves and clicks the mouse, and on the other does the cursor buttons.

keep up the good work fella :lol:

Guest ultimasnake

oh like when you hold down the phone key there will be even more buttons.. like 1 and phone+1 act diffrently....

not sure if i will do this programaticly this might be a bit more fuzzy but will have a look to maybe get a better structure who knows.. but first things first.. main beta release :D . but i put it into my Must do list :lol:

Guest ultimasnake

sheit forgot to put that in the read me.

Easy

extract pc app on the pc.. and run it ....

extract the smartphone app to the pc and then move it to anywhere on your phone and run it :lol:

the rest will speak for itself :D

Guest lighthouse82

got it! i copied the whole smartphone folder into storage cardprogram files, made a shortcut in the start menu, and it works!!

but...

1. there is no dialogue for making it move the mouse yet.

2. what do you have to press to get the Extra buttons?

but looking good. now i just need to make active sync work over bluetooth.....

p.s. oh, and a program icon would be cool.

Guest ultimasnake
got it! i copied the whole smartphone folder into storage cardprogram files, made a shortcut in the start menu, and it works!!  

but...  

1. there is no dialogue for making it move the mouse yet.  

2. what do you have to press to get the Extra buttons?  

but looking good. now i just need to make active sync work over bluetooth.....  

p.s. oh, and a program icon would be cool.  

Corret the dialog of the mouse isn't in this current release i did make it ready for the next release allong with some other new ones

press the menu Extra off menu item. to turn Extra on, and off :lol:

Guest afroahmed

hmmm none of the windows files work on my pc. it says click to terminate program . also when copyd to smartphone didnt work. followed all intructions, i aint a noob i dun it all properly...

Guest ultimasnake

First of all you MUST have the .net framework 1.1 on your computer which can be obtained by Windows Update (will find a direct download link soon)... and your phone must have Windows mobile 2003

I will make sure the instructions are more clear in the next version :lol:

Guest ultimasnake
no direct link? and how come only windows mobile 2003?!!! :D BOOO HOOO . make a 02 revision please please please!!!

Sorry dude, it's programmed in the .net language which is not usable in the entire 2002 OS.. i'm sorry but i have gone through this for ages... i just can't program C++ only C# (the new variety of C++ based on the .net framework).... no chance of me doing this within now and 1 year i guess :lol:.. and once i am able to do this you might already have a WIndows mobile 2008 version or something.. sorry

Guest afroahmed

Noooooooooooooo!! that sucks. i porbly dont know much, but cant u just make a normal program for 2002 os whereby via usb cradle and activesync, it detects the phone as a keyboard / mouse? why do u need .net and what is it? lol

Guest ultimasnake

dude if it was that easy i would have done that :roll:

programming isn't like playing a game, you can make a program connect to another program by just clicking on a single button and voila there is your application. It takes loads of knowledge to program, if you think languages as javascript (used in browsers) is hard or php.. think again..

NET Framework—A programming infrastructure created by Microsoft for building, deploying, and running applications and services that use .NET technologies, such as desktop applications and Web services. The .NET Framework contains three major parts: the Common Language Runtime (CLR), the Framework Class Library, and ASP.NET. See .NET Compact Framework.
.NET Compact Framework—A port of the .NET Framework to Windows CE, allowing embedded and mobile devices to run .NET applications. See Smart Device Extensions.

you know here is a little example of the "it detects the phone as a keyboard/mouse" code .. and then think again mr :lol:

[DllImport("user32.dll")] public static extern int SendMessage(int hWnd,uint Msg,int wParam,int lParam);

public const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN = 0x02;

public const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP = 0x04;

public const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = 0x08;

public const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = 0x10;

[DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]

public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);

This little (yes little, the entire code is more then 2 pages big) controlls ONLY the MOUSE nothing else.... the code of the keyboard is currently

7 pages long

369 lines long

the main code of the application is

29 pages long

which exists out of

1142 lines

which has over

3000 words

which has over

42000 characters...

so it's not ONLY a thing that makes the computer think the phone is a keyboard/mouse

(sorry if i might sound inpolite but i think this is the only to make sure that everyone (so not only you) understands that programming ain't like using paint to draw pretty pictures :wink: )

Guest ultimasnake

hehe it's ok really.. it's not you.. mean how do you know how difficult it is to create something if you didn't ever tried it right.. it's just the question i get in my mail about 2 times a week about random programs... :lol: just hoped this would make it more clear to everyone here... My only advise to you that i can give is maybe try a new phone, or maybe some rom update (if available not sure) that's the only thing i can do for you :D

Superb concept and fantastically flexible execution - I love it.

Inevitably, I have a suggestion: the ability to link smartphone keypresses to shell commands (ie, Start->Run equivalents).

In case it's useful, here's some code which does something similar in VB:

[in declarations]

Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

[and to (for example) open a specified file]

ShellExecute 0&, vbNullString, File_path, vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus

Keep up the great work!

Nic