Guest elusion

Guest elusion

[23]elusion_gtasa_d.jpg

File Name :: GTA: San Andreas

Author :: elusion

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Features

- Cab installer compatible with both Smartphone 2002 and 2003 (New!)

- Smartphone 2003 cab installer for SD card installation

- Utilises the RJTime plugin from RemyJ's Smartphone Site

- Standard plugins used: icon bar, all day event, calendar, sms count, missed calls, profile

- 2 different layouts: analogue clock and digital clock

- 9 backgrounds per layout

- Custom startup and shutdown screens (New!)

- All system screens customised (New!)

Plugin(s) Required

- RJTime

Comments

After I saw a request for this, I decided to actually make the home screen I had been considering since GTA:SA came out.

I designed the graphics using artwork available on the web and put it all together using GIMP 2. I used RemyJ's RJTime plugin to display the digital and analogue clocks as well as giving more control of the way that the date displays. The RJTime plugin is linked to the Tasks application as an action.

I added the all day event, calendar and sms count plugins to give a good amount of information without going into overload. The final plugin in the normal view is the profile plugin.

I mentioned above that this home screen also shows the missed call plugin. The way that I achieved that was to have the missed calls replace the profile when is becomes active (i.e. when a call is missed) and have the profile reappear once the call history has been viewed.

There are downloads for main storage installation which supports Smartphone 2002 and 2003 as well as a version for which installs on the SD card which is compatible with Smartphone 2003 (Mounted Volume). I have tested both versions on my unlocked MPx200 running 2003.

Update

Version 2.0 of the home screen now includes the following updates:

- Custom startup and shutdown screens replacing both MS and Carrier screens

- Replacement for all Windows default system screens

- Single 2002/2003 download for main storage installation

- Some other minor fixes and color changes

Updated Mon, Oct 17 2005 10:18 pm

View File

elusion-gtasa-d.jpg

elusion-gtasa-a.jpg

gta-sa_screenies.jpg

Guest steve_smith

I like this plugin (having been addicted to the game since it came out) :lol:

This is perhaps a question thats more about plugins than home screens but...

On the C500, with the recent release of the updated firmware, I notice Orange seemed to have fixed their "all day" events plugin so that it now shows an all day even on the home screen during the entire duration of the event (for example, if an all day even lasts for 3 days, it shows it on the home screen for all three days). The original behaviour of the Orange home screen, and for example the behaviour of this GTASA home screen, was/is to show the event only on the first day.

Does anyone know how to change custom home pages to use the new version of the all day events plugin (if indeed it can be done)? I guess its changing something in the XML file, but I don't know much about home screens, so could be wrong.

Steve.

Guest afroahmed

just some suggestions to the author,

1. Can u make some custom start up and shut down screens?

2. also can you make notifications etc with a san andreas theme?

Guest elusion
just one more thing to the author, can u make some custom stat up and shut down screens?

Stay tuned, I'll give it a bash. I've only ever done the homescreen before but it shouldn't be too hard.

maXim

Guest elusion
thanks. also, the clock etc do not line up with all the background pictures. i need to install which http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins m8?

The background for the clock should like up since it's in the same place in all of the relevant backgrounds. There are 2 layouts included: analogue and digital, and the backgrounds are labelled accordingly as follows:

Analogue backgrounds end in: -aXX.jpg

Digital clock bgs end in: -dXX.jpg

The only non-stanard plugin used is RJTime, everything else should be there.

maXim

Guest elusion

Update!

I have now updated the home screen to version 2.0 which now has startup, shutdown and systems included in the cab. I also fixed the a couple of other problems (like the fact you couldn't select the backrounds.

The updated downloads are in the first post.

maXim

Guest GingerNinja.net

FANTASTIC. Only one minor grumble (and I see this a lot), when you scroll in the Contacts section, you get image breakup as it moves the image and leaves artifacts behind.

Guest elusion
FANTASTIC.  Only one minor grumble (and I see this a lot), when you scroll in the Contacts section, you get image breakup as it moves the image and leaves artifacts behind.

I hadn't seen this before you mentioned it. I have no idea how to fix it either... I'll have to ask in another forum.

maXim

Guest cougal96

The first is a screenie of my homescreen! what have i done wrong? i have installed RJ Time - restarted phone etc... :?:

edit Re-installed RJTime, restarted (twice) went into settings--> home screen--> clicked done, restarted and boom :wink: works now! great homescreen! My homescreen now --> 'MyHomescreen2'

The other is a few of the extra screens added! pretty good homescreen!! well made! NOW IT WORKS on my phone :?

MyHomescreen.jpg

GTA-SA screenies.JPG

MyHomescreen2.jpg

Guest sunshine

This homescreen looks excellent. I'm trying to install it though (I put the .CAB file in Start MenuAccessories and try to install it from my phone, C500), but i get this message: "Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions." What am I doing wrong?

Guest elusion
This homescreen looks excellent. I'm trying to install it though (I put the .CAB file in Start MenuAccessories and try to install it from my phone, C500), but i get this message: "Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions." What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm not sure about that one sunshine. I assume your phone is unlocked and you have the relevant plugins installed. I don't have a C500 (not even available here in Australia) to test on either.

Your best bet will be to ask about the error as a general problem in the main Customisation forum and see if anyone there can help you.

On another note... WOW cougal96! Thanks for posting that pic with all of the various screens. I am going to add it to the first post. Thanks for making it.

maXim

Guest elusion
nice homescreen :) simple and unobtrusive. It would be better if I could have MRU plugin on it too? thanks

Hi michhy,

That shouldn't be a problem. Which plugin do you want to replace with the MRU plugin?

It's a reasonably simple matter to edit the xml to change one of the other plugins to the MRU by editing the XML homescreen file. Here is an example which could replace the profile plugin.

I have tested this and it works fine. All you would need to do is copy the XML home screen file to you hard drive and open it in a text editor. You would then replace the profile section with the above XML code. Save the file and overwrite the one on your phone with the edited one.

maXim

• 3 weeks later...

I really like your work. I like your use of the space and replacing the profile with the missed call info until cleared. I don't really use SMS or MMS but need email and voice mail notification. Are these also in the file or could they be added?

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.