GTA: San Andreas

Guest elusion

Guest Motukka

I installed GTA: SA homescreen, after that i removed it.

Now none of homescreen work on my phone.

What would be a problem? Is a hardreset only way?

Edited by Motukka

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the site :)

Can you give is more details please ?

Did you uninstall the GTA skin using the Add/Remove Programs tool before switching to another homescreen ?

Did you remove SmartTweak in the same way, if it is there ?

Did you reboot your phone after doing that ?

What is happening when you try to use another homescreen ?

Guest elusion
Love it! Great job mate.

Can you make screen saver for this theme? It would be a great complete theme for my screen..

Cheers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I don't know how to make screen savers since I have an MPx200 so I don't have a need for them.

maXim

Guest elusion
I really like your work.  I like your use of the space and replacing the profile with the missed call info until cleared.  I don't really use SMS or MMS but need email and voice mail notification.  Are these also in the file or could they be added?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The second message count is actually already set to email (The first is SMS). Since I have an MPx200 with 2003 on it I do not have an MMS capable phone and my network doesn't support voicemail. However, the is the block in the XML which displays that plugin:

<!-- Messages -->

Where is says or , it can be any of the following:

= SMS

= MMS

= Email

= Voicemail

All you need to do is change the XML as appropriate and you should be good to go to show whichever counts you like. There is one thing to note though: the icons are part of the backgroun image so you'll need to edit that to change the icons.

Hope this helps.

maXim

Guest elusion
I installed GTA: SA homescreen, after that i removed it.

Now none of homescreen work on my phone.

What would be a problem? Is a hardreset only way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the site  :)

Can you give is more details please ?

Did you uninstall the GTA skin using the Add/Remove Programs tool before switching to another homescreen ?

Did you remove SmartTweak in the same way, if it is there ?

Did you reboot your phone after doing that ?

What is happening when you try to use another homescreen ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tested the uninstallation procedure and it does remove all files and reset all settings including extra screens (to what they were before). The extra screens are added using the .cab installer so there is no SmartTweak to be removed.

In addition to Disco Stu's questions: What are you using to change http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens, Themechanger or the standard settings app?

This homescreen looks excellent. I'm trying to install it though (I put the .CAB file in Start MenuAccessories and try to install it from my phone, C500), but i get this message: "Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions." What am I doing wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same problem here. SPV C500 on dutch Orange.

I have got in unlocked...

Guest Disco Stu
Same problem here. SPV C500 on dutch Orange.

I have got in unlocked...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like you have SIM-unlocked but not application unlocked.

Guest ukpauls

i like it! but seeing as i'm a xbox person and therefore dont play this i wont put it on my phone... lol but i'll let people know :D

Edited by ukpauls

Guest elusion
i like it! but seeing as i'm a xbox person and therefore dont play this i wont put it on my phone... lol but i'll let people know :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have both a PS2 and Xbox... June 1 2005 is the release date for Xbox for PAL regions'

maXim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cougal96

I have created myself a few extra backgrounds for the analogue edition -

post-27281-1107099713_thumb.jpg

everyone is free to download them, just thought i'd share them!! and elusion if you prefer me not to share them just tell me - ill remove them! if you dont have a prob why not put the zip file on the 1st page so its easier to navigate to! click the pic above to see a screenie of my effort :D (btw if anyone has any other pics they would want as a background - be it GTA:SA or just a normal pic then PM me!)

top skin elusion!!

btw fancy tryin a need for speed underground 2 skin :roll: ??

Below is the zip file with the backgrounds in!

feedback welcome :twisted:

Cougal96_s_backgrounds.zip

Edited by cougal96

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colintoy

hello there,

im currently using your homescreen but the start up and shut down screens dont show up. also not all the background screens dont appear. is there a way to work this out on my phone. im using a tanager.

thanks

:lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest dj_sea

i love this home screen, i use it alot, but there is a problem and for me it is one big mother fish of a problem. i installed it and it works fine the problem is uninstalling it, i cant get rid of the background picture in the programs / contacts screen (the pic of the los santos map) even if i uninstall the home screen from the remove programs section, the pic is still there is there anything i have to do to get rid of it. i dont want to hard reset my phone again. do i have to, uninstall it and then soft reset my phone? what else would work to get rid of it?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paudi

Hi, this skin is great: so clean and so readable. I hit one glitch though: In the appointment "window" I can only see the date and time but NOT the description of the appointment. Any idea why?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest GuRu00

Its seems there are some problems with the C500. Home screen doesnt work very wel actualy. The appointments are placed well above there spaces. Am I doing something wrong?

• 3 months later...
Guest dsmith

this is the best homescreen i have seen. I am pretty new at this, but have been trying to play around with xml a little bit. My goal is to replace the "messages" area with either my carrier information or owner information. I have tried copying and pasting xml code from other homescreens that include these fields but have been unable to do so. Can anyone help me out with how to do this? I do not use email or mms messaging at all and for me personally it is wasted space. thanks for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.