Got my new MPX220 with 1.3 on it today.

Guest cellfreak

Guest cellfreak

I had the crappy .325 for about three weeks. I went by Cingular to pick up a V3 and they just got in the MPX220s. They traded me out even though I got it at a outside Cingular location. It took a call or to to get them to note my account so the store would replace it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GuardianZX9

I just received a Cingular replacement with 1.70

Has anyone else seen this?

Volume still sucks compared to my 005 Engineering Sample

Bluetooth is still has static noise on some calls.

Camera seems to work ok.

One question for everyone, in the modem control panel, why no entry for bluetooth? and is there any way to config a connection from a PocketPC to connect to the 220 as a modem?

G

1.70? can you post a screen shot or type out exactly what build it is on the "about" page..

i just got my 1.30 replacing the crappy .325 which had HORRIBLE camera problems.. but im very happy w/the 1.30 for the time being.. i just called cingular and had them mail it to me.. many improvements on this .. SPECIALLY the camera.. wow what a difference.

.325 had huge problem taking 1.2MP pix while BT was running. fixd w/the new FW.

Guest gapfilmvideo

i have been asking this question for weeks.... i think it can be done with a laptop but it will not bluetooth with a pocket pc... correction it will bluetooth pair but not function with active sync.....but again some people say they are getting it done....

Guest andy_sutton

I bought my .342 phone at Best Buy after Thanksgiving. Some are saying that Cingular is mailing them replacements with 1.3 on them. I called Cingular and they told me to return it to Best Buy but that's likely to get me another .342 phone with the orange dot. Can someone clarify how they went about getting their replacement with 1.3? I would go to a store but I don't want to give them my phone with all my files on it. I'd rather have the opportunity to migrate everything over and return it later.

Guest andy_sutton

Possible yes but then how do I wipe the phone before I give it to them in trade? I haven't heard of a magic "hard reset" like the 200 had. I either wipe it from my PC and take the chance they'll have one available or give them my phone with all the data on it. Would be simpler by mail if someone who has done it can share the secret method to get Cingular to ship me one.

Guest Godfather

The MPx220 has a hard reset. It's just like the MPx200. hold the blue action button and the power button, and you should get the hard reset option. I did it with an MPx220 that i got from best buy when i went to return it. i instead got the Audiovox smt 5600. Didn't think that they would make improvements on it. So can anyone tell me what they fixed because i think i had one of the first mpx220's that best buy got and went through two of them. i still got till the dec. 17 to return my audiovox if i decide to get the mpx220. Did they fix the volume on it and the microphone so people can hear when you talk? The audiovox's speaker is like so loud which is really nice, but i like that mpx220 if they fixed the problems. And is it now confirmed that AT&T won't get it or are they still going to get it themselves? i was told that by an AT&T rep. I so do not want to switch to cingular, they want to charge me recieving text messages when i get like 2000 in a month and they only got a max plan of 1000. and it can't be shared. just stupid.

Guest andy_sutton

Did you get your SMT5600 from Best Buy? I thought that went away with AT&T?

That's a much better phone than the MPX220 I'd keep it if I were you.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Godfather

Ya, after i returned the MPx220 to best buy 2x, i went to AT&T and got the audiovox. I do think it is a better phone than the mpx220, but i love clam shell phones i am just not getting use to the open face. but if all the problems on the MPx220 were fixed then i would like to get it back. And then maybe hope some more and see if there will be an update to get Windows Media player 10 on it. i'm hearing about all of these new FW updates to the MPx220 and i don't know what the latest is whether it is the .342 or the 1.003 or the 1.3 or 1.7. Its all over. But whatever i get it will be one of the two phones because ever since i got a smartphone I can't go back even though some phones look really cool. The smartphones have virtually unlimited capabilites and works well with all my apps on computers and windows. just a very versatile phone.

Guest svermilyea

Got mine back from MOTO on Friday of last week. Running 1.8.0.0. I've been playing with it over the weekend, and the camera is working much better (was running .325). BT and camera together are working, but the camera's focus seems to be a bit more touchy.

Guest andy_sutton

Can someone give me some guidance on how to go about getting a 220 with upgraded firmware 1.3, 1.7, 1.8? Best Buy just has the .342, Cingular stores and their 800 number don't have a clue about a "new" version so they won't do anything. If Motorola is switching out then what's the magic word to get them to send you one? My camera stinks and I'd like to get upgraded before the 30-days runs out on my purchase from Best Buy.

Wouldn't it be nice if Motorola would just post the unlocked firmware for all the carriers on their site?

Guest svermilyea

.....As I am a TMO user, and I bought my phone from eBay, Best Buy was unwilling to help me. If you are a CINGULAR customer, they have an enchange program ongoing (I got the number from www.howardforums.com). I personnally had to get an RMA from MOTO and send my phone to them. They did not charge me anything, as the phone is on a 1 year warantee, but the turnaround time from the time they receive your phone is 10-14 days.

Guest Jovian Remix

I think im gonna send mine to motorola and see what they do with my phone, rather then do the exchange by mail with cingular. How do i do a hard reset on the phone?

Guest svermilyea

turn the phone off, then .... hold down the center blue "action key" and press the power botton. The phone will come up with a black and white confirmation screen, confirming your request for a hard reset.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest McHale
I have an MPx220 with 1.9!

Volume etc. seem to be OK, but man, the implementation of T9 blows!

:shock:

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get 1.9? Swap out from Motorola?

Also, Remember, it's their own iTAP, not T9. It takes a LONG time getting used to. Be thankful their iTAP is as good as it is. I have their first phone with iTAP and it is a Royal PITA.

-Mc

Guest McHale

Have to agree with you there. I'm considering making the SP3i my main phone and T9 is one of the main reasons. I can type faster with T9 than I can with my 6800 and 6820. But I can type faster with both of those over Motorola's iTAP. The best way to describe iTAP is...

It's a cheap copy of T9.

I take it with 1.90 (which I'm assuming is non-branded) there has been no major upgrades (i.e. WM10)? Only more fixes...

I have a new one on the way from Cingular right now is exchange for my 1.30 so I can see if they are sending out anything newer. I'm hoping for the rumored 1.70.

-Mc

Guest McHale

Cingular shipped my new MPx220 to me today in exchange for another. It came with 1.30 on it.

So for those who need it, it is definately shipping. For those who already have it and are hoping for a later version, they aren't sending that out.

-Mc