ExP

Guest drblow

[213]ExP.gif

File Name :: ExP

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

This screen features smartmonitor, scrolling/default appointments, Oxios tasks, RJshortcuts, and some links using the e200 plugin.

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 2:10 pm

View File

• 1 month later...

hello

i have download this theme but it dosn't work for me

i have a SDA from T-mobile with windows 2003 in it

wat must i instal first the plugins of the theme to get it work fine

because i don't see the sms and email tabs

and it dosn't see so as the picture on the site

please can you help me with fix this theme i like it

Thanksssss, Tub :cry:

i've just posted a note about one of your other themes. dont take it offensively, i think your themes look fantastic, they just dont seem to like my phone (spv classic, and what a classic it is).

i installed this theme and tried switching to ExP2002 and ExP2002B, neither of them worked. I have all the pluins installedby the way. when i select it and return to the homescreen to await its arrival before my eyes, it does nowt but display the microsoft loading icon rotating merrily away. it then stops until a press a key and it it does the same thing again. very odd, i've had this problem before but those skins wern't worth chasing up :D

There is no reason why it shouldn't work on an spv slassic, if you are using the 2000 versions. Try unintalling the theme & all the plugins, and reinstall the plugins first, then the homescreen. Let me know what happens. :lol:

alas, no luck. I uninstalled all the plugins, turned phone off and on, installed all the plugins again, then the homescreen, then went to settings and changed to EXP2002B, but no joy. something strange is afoot.

Guest megumi_hikaru

Hi,

I tried to install this but it seems i am lasking in the plugin, could you be so kind as to list out which are the plugin required and where to get them thanks a million.

the required plugins are listed in the 1st post. use the search facility to find them. if you cant find them then i'm pretty sure i put links to them all in the 1st post of my macosx theme.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lyger

Hi DrBlow We were having this conversation in private and you said it would be best to share this so here we are.

Problem im having is with the Shortcuts at the very bottom of the screens I have all the relevent plugins installed and the Shortcut plugin but the shortcuts dont meet with there associated programs,

Ive edited the Exp.home.xml as this is the one im running in the Home screen selection on the phone and im wondering if i have to edit the rjshort.home.xml file as well.

Ive checked all my links but nothing works and everything is bang on if you could let me know what im doing wrong it would be much appreciated!!

This is piece of code im editing in the Exp.home.xml file:

<!-- RJShortcut -->

<!-- hiding shortcut icons by placing 217 in the x -->

Guest drblow

That code looks fine. If the paths in the xml are accurately reflecting where your apps are, then I really don't know why they aren't working.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reltihmd

hi, just recently recieved my c500, decided that this was the best homescreen for it as it showed everything i want, unfortunately it appears to drain my ram from the time i set this homescreen (43%) to after possibly 36 hours (13%), then i obviously get probs doing anything and have to restart my phone, was wondering if this was a known feature with any of the plugins? also, would like to switch scrolling appointments for regular appointments (assuming you can still scroll manually) is this possible and can you help with the code (i'm a visual basic/C++ person as opposed to HTML type languages

any advice would be great

reltihmd

Guest reltihmd
hi, just recently recieved my c500, decided that this was the best homescreen for it as it showed everything i want, unfortunately it appears to drain my ram from the time i set this homescreen (43%) to after possibly 36 hours (13%), then i obviously get probs doing anything and have to restart my phone, was wondering if this was a known feature with any of the plugins? also, would like to switch scrolling appointments for regular appointments (assuming you can still scroll manually) is this possible and can you help with the code (i'm a visual basic/C++ person as opposed to HTML type languages

any advice would be great

reltihmd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh and one last question, what on earth is the e200 plugin i can't find it anywhere?

Guest drblow

OK - the RAM;)

The e200 plugin is hard coded into the ROM in Orange phones. That's the only way it is available, it can't be downloaded or installed any other way. Your C500 comes with it as part of the Orange ROM. It is then just configured using the xml. :D

Hope that helps.

Guest drblow

OK - the RAM;)

The e200 plugin is hard coded into the ROM in Orange phones. That's the only way it is available, it can't be downloaded or installed any other way. Your C500 comes with it as part of the Orange ROM. It is then just configured using the xml. :D

Hope that helps.

Guest reltihmd

thank god for that that explains a lot, no wonder i can't find it, is there a link for where the discussion is so i can see what it does?

i'll have a play around looking for the regular calender, thanks a lot :D

reltihmd

so glad this place exists

Guest reltihmd

yep, thats the regular calender on, now if only i could get it to scroll across my upcoming ones...

ah well i'll just have to learn how to program in this language, bound to be a thread or 50 somewhere :D

cheers mate

reltihmd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sherman

Hi Dr Blow, Nice work , thank you !

I am using now using ExP2002B, something if you can teach me for change will be really appreciated.........

1. Put miss call on the homescreen

2. change the system font color from black to white, as the background is in blue, is hard to see in dark place

3. change the system fonts bigger

Thank you very much

Guest drblow

OK - you could add a missed call screen by taking the code from another theme that has a missed calls screen & add it into the top of the xml. Missed calls can be hidden so you could make it so it only appears when a missed call comes through.

To change the colours & font sizes you just need to open the xml in notepad on your PC, and change the colours (which look like this #000000). If you want to change black for white or viceversa, white is #ffffff and black is #000000, so juts swap them where you see them appear. Simliarly, font sizes are contained within the code for each plugin, so you'll see them in there.

Just have a go at changing stuff, then copy it to your phone, change your theme to somehting else, then back to ExP to reload the xml, and see what has happened. You'll soon get the hang of what happens when you change stuff.

Let me know if you need any more help. :D

Guest sherman

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am working on the xml file and in your design, what is the color code of "dail number" ? Because I want to also change it to white

Thank you

Guest drblow

Hmm ... not quite sure. It'll be highlighttext or something. There's a list of all the colours somewhere on the forum, you'll find it using the search function.

• 1 month later...
Guest Deltabweb
i've just posted a note about one of your other themes. dont take it offensively, i think your themes look fantastic, they just dont seem to like my phone (spv classic, and what a classic it is).

i installed this theme and tried switching to ExP2002 and ExP2002B, neither of them worked. I have all the pluins installedby the way. when i select it and return to the homescreen to await its arrival before my eyes, it does nowt but display the microsoft loading icon rotating merrily away. it then stops until a press a key and it it does the same thing again. very odd, i've had this problem before but those skins wern't worth chasing up ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem if you could fix it it would be really cool

thx in advance

Edited by Deltabweb

Guest drblow

i'm afraid that the egg-timer-of-doom problem is not one I can fix. It seems to happen randomly, & so far there is no reasonable explaination for it, so hence, no cure! :evil:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.