SMT-5600 & T-Zones (Internet) FAQ

Guest jleecong

Guest clenaghen

I deleted all my GPRS and WAP settings and started over using your suggestions and I still do not have any WAP web page access, T-zones or not. I CAN still send and receive email, so I know I am at least talking via the GPRS network.

Guest jleecong

It would be a problem with the proxy setting. It's very wierd in that http:// is now wsp://, you even type http://somesite it shows as wsp://somesite. when you view the address bar.

I'll take some screen shots of everything to make it even clearer.

Prior to upgrading to the 19.95 plan, I had TZones homepage working, using the wsp:// that jleecong mentioned, however it did not work for all sites. When I substituted wsp for http in some websites, they wouldn't come up completely. It was able to read the title of the webpage - which appeared in the title bar, but eventually it would come up with an error in PocketIE.

Guest jleecong
Prior to upgrading to the 19.95 plan, I had TZones homepage working, using the wsp:// that jleecong mentioned, however it did not work for all sites.  When I substituted wsp for http in some websites, they wouldn't come up completely.  It was able to read the title of the webpage - which appeared in the title bar, but eventually it would come up with an error in PocketIE.
I don't use wsp, it is automatically updated from http to wsp. It's only been 2 days but I haven't had any of the problems like you mention, but I do use mostly Mobile Web sites.

The above fix is to get IE working on T-Mobile if you are having problems. No telling what rules T-Mobile has in place now that they enforce the proxy. They could have excluded urls or their proxy could have a issue with the site.

Guest clenaghen

I have tried all the settings that are working for you. Still cant get anything to work. When I try to go to a website, IE says "Connecting.." for a couple seconds, which, I assume means I have successfully connected to the GPRS network, then IE says "Finding Site..." and then eventually times out. Looks like it works for the T-mobile service in your area, but not in mine.... if that is possible...

Guest jmorehouse

Had Internet working just fine for almost a month and then died last week. Tried all the settings above and rebooted the phone and still no access. Man this sucks! I might have to cancel my $4.99 plan until we can figure this out.

Guest jleecong

So it's working for some and not others. I'm in Florida and another user has it working in Seattle, WA. I won't lie and say that above is the only way to do it. It took me about 2 hours of just playing and reading all kinds of different setups from different phone types to get the above working.

Above should be the proper way T-Zones works, since they enforced the proxy. I would suggest people to play with the settings (some say don't use port 9201, use 0 etc.) to see if they can get it working or setup your own proxy.

Guest jleecong
im guessing the 4.99 plan is officially over..
For tethering yes, surfing from the phone no. You should be able to surf using your phone browser and connect to T-Zones etc. thats what the $4.99 service is. Mobile Internet, T-Zones, and E-Mail.

Hello all,

I'm in South Florida and got T-Zones up and running using the settings that jleecong supplied (using the smt5600 on TMobile). For some reason, I can't send or receive MMS messages...can anyone help me out here? Do I need to change any settings? Can't find where to edit MMS settings if I did...thanks!

Guest clenaghen
this sux. even with the 19.99 plan, i still loose connection..

So I take it that the Internet Unlimited plan didnt fix your problem? I was wondering about that. I have been hesitant to switch over from the $4.99 T-zones plan to the $19.99 Unlimited Internet plan. Like I mentioned, T-mobile told me last week they were having some problems with access to the internet through T-zones. For the non-supported phones, I am wondering if the problems still exist whether you switch plans or not.

Guest jleecong
Hello all,

I'm in South Florida and got T-Zones up and running using the settings that jleecong supplied (using the smt5600 on TMobile).  For some reason, I can't send or receive MMS messages...can anyone help me out here? Do I need to change any settings?  Can't find where to edit MMS settings if I did...thanks!

This is a tutorial page on how to change the settings.

https://attws.primushosting.net/aws/tutoria.../ATTW35249.html

These are the correct setting to use for T-Mobile.

Name: Whatever you want (I used MMS)

MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.50

Port: 9201

T-Mobile doesn't suggest a Max Send Size but the default 300K worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chr1sny

I'm sorry, this is gonna sound like a really dumb question...But how do you guys type slashes for website addys? I'm trying to figure out how to type /

In T9 when I press 1 all I get are symbols of everything but /'s...

Guest REspitia
I'm sorry, this is gonna sound like a really dumb question...But how do you guys type slashes for website addys?  I'm trying to figure out how to type /

In T9 when I press 1 all I get are symbols of everything but /'s...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Press "#" for about 10 seconds and you will get all the additional characters available.

• 1 year later...
Guest hyedipin

These settings work fine for the SDA, but won't let me use MSN Messenger or anything else besides PIE. How can I use MSN/others with above? MSN does not have any option to set which connection to use.

I am using WM5.

Also, WMP can stream mms:// streams of live tv's via wi-fi, but it won't work with t-zones. Is there a way to get that done?

And what is the max speed of T-Zones, does anyone know?

Thank You! ;)

Create GPRS Connection

Connects To: Wap Network

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

everything else blank

Create Proxy

Connects From: WAP Network

Connects To: The Internet

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Type: HTTP

Everything else blank

In IE under Options, Connections:

check Automatically detect settings

Select Network: The Internet

Edited by hyedipin

• 5 months later...

Create GPRS Connection

Connects To: Wap Network

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

everything else blank

Create Proxy

Connects From: WAP Network

Connects To: The Internet

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Type: HTTP

Everything else blank

In IE under Options, Connections:

check Automatically detect settings

Select Network: The Internet

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!