Impossible to app. unlock C500 with new Orange rom?

Guest BarnOwl

Guest BarnOwl

AE config does not work because it is blocked for the very reason I am applying it: " Not a valid certificate for this program" and is therefore useless.

Second option the application unlock on the Orange developers site. That doesn't work either. I seem to be getting through the process but I do not receive the message and so my c500 stays locked.

I am using this phone with a T-Mobile subscription so maybe the website doesn't accept numbers from other providers.

I really want to unlock it because there are a lot of .cab files here I cannot use because of the Orange protection.

Anybody any suggestions? Is there no reg tweak or something to get rid of this lock?

It would be great if somebody could give a solution........... 8)

Guest BarnOwl

Well, I wish............ :cry:

Tried it a dozen times, goes through the process allright, I get the final smartscreen on the PC, My C500 is connected to the internet by gprs.......no go.

Actually I ploughed through all the relevant threads here before posting this.

I think I might just put another rom on the device to make it free. Anybody know where to get a rom that is free and legal?

Guest BarnOwl

I finally got it working after updating the registration process.......

tnx for all comments.

Just for all of you with the same problem:

Go to the unlock site and if it doesn't work for you (Should receive a confirmation within 5 minutes) put a fake imei number.

Then you will be taken to a page that askes for a registration. Put in the correct phone number and imei and you will be sent a registration cab.

After installation of the cab you go back to the unlock site and you will succeed (At least I did).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still finding it difficult to get it unblocked did you have it conencted to the computer when you did it. its driving me mad i have had the same problem for a week now. i have tried everything over a 100 times

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

The pass through technique didn't work for me so I had to spend some amount for the direct GPRS access.

I used the same URL, on the webform I provided phone and IMEI numbers only then everything went fine afterwards. :D

Guest ga!nusha

ok.... :D i used BarnOwl's method and registered my imei, i lunched the site....it can take up to 5 minutes....it's been an hour.... ???

help is apreciated

Guest BarnOwl
ok.... :D i used BarnOwl's method and registered my imei, i lunched the site....it can take up to 5 minutes....it's been an hour.... ???

help is apreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you receive the cab file and execute it? After that you have to sign in the site again.

Guest ga!nusha

i recived it...installed it.. and i got up to "it can take up to 5 minutes" but it doen't appear anything on my phone....

i used passthru and gprs but notthing...

Guest XanderD

I tried the unlocking site myself, with no succes.

I may try ur methode later today.

But, is there a possibilaty that u can post or host the .cab file u recieved here? it will surely save many users a lot of trouble.

Edited by XanderD

Guest XanderD

ugh... yeah somehow i was afraid of that.

this is just great. the unlock site constatly times-out on me, i am not recieving anything at all, that No Warez thingy doesnt seem to do anything at all, and also the new method posted by BarnOwl doesnt work... so it seems...

I noticed there are two unlock sites, i am gonna try the new method on both.

that might work... or i my phony will be locked indefinatly i fear

edit

W0000T, I DID IT, THNX ALL

nevermind me complaining lol, its all good now.

it wasnt easy though, i tryed everyhting, and all of a sudden, i got the o so welcome message that my phone was unlocked, yeah!

Edited by XanderD

Guest BarnOwl

Well, that's it, somehow the overall experience is that you try and try......till you get to the point of smashing your C500 against the wall.

But then you cool down and realize it isn't worth it, after all, 90% of the programs work on the darned thing (and it was rather expensive).

So you accept your faith until you look at that astonishing homescreen you find at this site and you just have to have it! :twisted:

So you try again to unlock and all over a sudden it works......miracle happened!

Just keep trying.....if you REALLY want it, it will happen..... :D

Guest mike_freegan

OOH it worked! I can finally put my apps in some kind of ordered folders.

For all of you that haven't managed this yet, keep trying, maybe use multiple windows to have as many ongoing unlock requests as possible. Every time one times out press back in your browser then request again.

Funny how it only worked the time that I checked the "recieve further updates from orange" box.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to unlock my phone to run various apps but I am a little dubious in doing so incase my phone gets screwed up by some malicious apps, if I were to unlock the phone and get a virus deleting crucial system files would I still be able to use the hard reset function on the phone to return everything back to normal or will the OS be un-repairable?

i've tried that on many occasions - no luck - Used to work with E200 no problems! - Oh well - if anyone knows of an answer to it let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done it gents. i unlocked the phone to all networks and then put in another chip my o2 and tried again using pass through worked first time

It took me like 4 days to figure out it must be something with the orange netowrk and the orange sim cards

trust me it will work but it will cost £20 to unlock to all networks