Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Hey. This is looking great.. Couple of tiny things though...

On the add a new appointment page you have the start time icon as a "play" symbol, but then you have the end time icon as a "pause" symbol, should it not be the square "stop" symbol?

Perhaps it might be better if the week views started with the current day rather than resolutely sticking to the calendar week. It seems less than friendly that when you are on the 7th day of the week you can see 6 largely irrelevant days and today.

I think there was something else but I forget.. ;o)

Only appointments at the moment. Why not download and take a look?

I believe they may be looking at tasks for the full, paid for release in the future.

For tasks though, Oxios will take some beating :D

Edited by fozzie

Does the application include tasks items that are due (like Power Calendar) or does it only look through appointments?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No tasks yet but it has been mentioned that they are on the list for future development. Without tasks this appication is of little use for me as I like to view my tasks and appointments together in an agenda style view.

I would also like the ability to convert a task to an appointment and an appointment to a task. I often have cases where a task becomes an appointment. This is especially important since the frustrating MS reminder bug exists with tasks.

For tasks though, Oxios will take some beating :D

I agree that Oxios is a great tasks program but having them together in one app is the best - at least for me.

Take a look at Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion on the PPC platform. These are both excellent programs that are complete Pocket Ooutlook replacements.

I guess that is what I am really looking for.... however, realizing that this is a phone and not a Pocket PC I am more than happy with just appointments and tasks in one app.

Take a look at Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion on the PPC platform.  These are both excellent programs that are complete Pocket Ooutlook replacements.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How dare you fail to mention PocketBreeze - espically considering the company we are keeping in this thread :D

PB is on my Ipaq is superb. If Amit & his team get anything like that on the SP then I'll be extremely happy :D

Edited by fozzie

How dare you fail to mention PocketBreeze - espically considering the company we are keeping in this thread :D

Oops! I never used Pocket Breeze so I didn't realize that it is one of the players. I am sure that it is also a great product considering how attentive SBSH seems to be.

I would give PB a try but I have retired my Ipaq and I limp along with my Smartphone now waiting for better and better software to be released :D

Guest amitregev

We've just finished version 0.9.11 :D

You can read more and download the new version from the following post:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3221

Whats new in version 0.9.11

* New "Insert Contact" dialog added when creating/editing appointments.

ver_0911_1.jpg

* New option added under the view appointment dialog to dial when a phone number is included inside the appointment subject.

* Problem displaying ampersand on the daily and monthly views when part of the items text fixed.

* Problem inputting My Text fields on some devices apart from field number 5 is fixed and should work fine now on all devices.

* New option added under the general settings to set which view to use as the default view when starting Papyrus.

* Cancel option added when selecting MyText field for appt subject or location, allowing you to cancel the MyText action.

* Clicking the back button on the Insert MyText dialog will now cancel and exit the dialog.

Guest amitregev
...great!!! Can we install over the old version or do we remove first??

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nick :D

Yes, you can install over the last version, Papyrus will remove the old version during the new version install. 8)

Guest amitregev
...ta...great app by the way...I love the week view...

...any chance of a custom background???

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nick :D

We have many things on our ToDo's :D and custom backgrounds will also be added, but we first want to have categories and tasks support 8) after that I promise this will also be added.

This is a great app and I will almost certainly buy it when it gets released.

Just a couple of things though.

1. Would it be possible to make the "rollodex" picture on the appointment detail optional? (It gets in the way when I'm reading the appointment)?

2. It would be very good to be able to dial numbers that are in the subject, location or appointment note (same as the regular Smartphone calendar)?

Guest amitregev
This is a great app and I will almost certainly buy it when it gets released.

Just a couple of things though.

1. Would it be possible to make the "rollodex" picture on the appointment detail optional? (It gets in the way when I'm reading the appointment)?

2. It would be very good to be able to dial numbers that are in the subject, location or appointment note (same as the regular Smartphone calendar)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi xerxes :D

Both options will be added soon. We are working to get ready for the initial release so we spend these days with stuff that are not fully development related like registration process, user manual, Handango/Smart phone.net and so on... but after everything will be ready we will continue immediately with the development. We hope to get everything ready by tomorrow's night, so it won't be to large delay in development :D

Edited by amitregev

Guest Raven001

Both options will be added soon. We are working to get ready for the initial release so we spend these days with stuff that are not fully development related like registration process, user manual, Handango/Smart phone.net and so on... but after everything will be ready we will continue immediately with the development. We hope to get everything ready by tomorrow's night, so it won't be to large delay in development :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second the anti-rolodex sentiment. It sure makes things hard to read! :D

Anxiously awaiting your updates.. thanks for this 'killer app'! Any word on what the final version will cost?

I know I asked before but is there plans to make this plug into the built in calender/contacts apps? Editing the homescreens or finding one that supports the scrolling apps (that appeals to my changing tastes) is difficult. So I like what I see and need a better calender/contact app but I would like a direct replacement? If its on the books for "soon" thats good enough for me to start.

Guest amitregev
I second the anti-rolodex sentiment.  It sure makes things hard to read! :D

Anxiously awaiting your updates.. thanks for this 'killer app'! Any word on what the final version will cost?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Raven001 :D

The official version will cost $17.95 (full price). All users who downloaded it during these stages (which means you also registered our forums), will be able to get a $7 discount, and get Papyrus for $10.95. This offer will be valid for about a month until we will finish version 1.1 that will include full category colors/icons support. We hope most of the users who downloaded Papyrus until today will use this offer; I believe $10.95 is a nice offer :P

Guest Raven001
Hi Raven001 :D

The official version will cost $17.95 (full price). All users who downloaded it during these stages (which means you also registered our forums), will be able to get a $7 discount, and get Papyrus for $10.95. This offer will be valid for about a month until we will finish version 1.1 that will include full category colors/icons support. We hope most of the users who downloaded Papyrus until today will use this offer; I believe $10.95 is a nice offer :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sure is :P

I was cringing when I saw the 17.95 figure, but the discount sure makes me willing to shell out the dough! :D

Guest amitregev

Thank you guys for the input on the price - this is of course also an important decision for us. The $10.95 offer will be for the first month or two to all users who downloaded the public beta, until we will have version 1.1 ready; from version 1.0 to 1.1 we plan to focus on categories and by version 1.1 we hope to have categories support including category colors/icons and options to view the category colors inside the monthly view timelines or viewing the category icons inside the monthly view and some other ideas we have with categories....

After the initial formal release of version 1.0 (in 2-3 days, finishing stuff right now...) we will continue to post public betas on our forums as we did until today. These will be non-official versions between 1.0 to 1.1 that all registered users will be able to download from our forums as we did until today and of course any help testing these versions when you have some free time will be really great :D (the main purpose is to continue the development as we did until today with the help from our users of course :D ).

Edited by amitregev

May I ask at which version you are planning to add in display of tasks on the day view?

Viewing tasks and being able to dial numbers (as I mentioned earlier) are the two main things I would like to see before I buy the software.

And by the way, the price you are asking seems verey fair to me. You are putting together a fine application here.

Guest amitregev
May I ask at which version you are planning to add in display of tasks on the day view?

Viewing tasks and being able to dial numbers (as I mentioned earlier) are the two main things I would like to see before I buy the software.

And by the way, the price you are asking seems verey fair to me. You are putting together a fine application here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Currently you can already insert a contact's phone number inside an appt subject and then dial it. With version 1.0 in 2-3 days you will also be able by clicking the dial button on your phone when an appt with a phone number inside the subject is selected.

We plan to add tasks between version 1.1 to 1.2 in about two months from now. The reason to add the tasks after the categories is because the tasks will also be using the same categories structure, and adding tasks first and only then categories will mean more work to adjust the categories to both the appts and tasks, instead of adding the tasks after we already support the categories, so this way it will only be faster development. I can understand why you prefer to wait, but I'm sure you will love the result in 2-3 months from now :D

For what it's worth I too am looking forward to tasks being part of Papyrus. Although I will still probably purchase it when 1.0 is released I probably won't get a great deal of use out of it until tasks are included. I work with both tasks and appointments every day and switching in and out of apps to access each doesn't work well.

Anyway, thanks for making Papyrus and most importantly thanks for being so patient and responsive to user suggestions. It is applications like this that make the smartphone more than just a toy.