E-Mail via POP3 AND Activesync

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I could do it on my Pocket PC 2002 device, but it doesn't work on the SPV!

If you try to set up an e-mail account on your device, but you are also syncing mail via Activesync, you are stopped from having both active.

I want to be able to do both!

:twisted:

P

What do you mean by "can't have both active"..?

Can you switch between them - or do you have to delete one to enter the other?

I too would want to synch at work, and use POP3 for personal.

Guest Paul [MVP]

You can only have one active.

If you are syncing via ActiveSync, you can't do a normal Send/Receive.

Incidentally, you can only have 1 e-mail account set up on the SPV. What's that all about?

P

Smartphone 2002 doesnt support that.....[/fade]

Smartphone 2002 doesn't yet support .NET CF... :D

Documents on the MS site seem to suggest that support will follow, although (paraphrasing from memory) "initial target platforms for .NET CF do not inlclude Smartphone 2002".

Fingers crossed!

joel

• 3 years later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

Until I bought my original (Canary) SPV, I only ever bought Nokias!

Smartphone 2002 enticed me though with it's 'Windows Developer friendliness' (that wasn't because of app locking), but I guess it got me hooked.

What really killed Nokia's appeal for me was the way their design department just went a bit mental... I had an N70 recently and I still don't think they're there... the keypad on it was horrible.

I remember the Nokia 2140 I had as my first phone (i've been with Orange that long). A brick for sure, but ergonically sound as a user.

I want a decent screen, sensible design, usable keypad goddamit! :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

7110 was great... I particularly liked it when my mate had a slightly deflective one and the slider used to ping off like an offensive weapon :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

The N70 is awful IMHO, but hey, I just don't 'get' how S60 is supposed to be user friendly, and the keypad is a killer for me.

Nice features tho!

:)

P

Guest ross20uk

Just been on holiday overseas and took my old 6310 as a spare phone to hold my UK sim while my SPV500 housed the local sim card. It was nice to have a phone that didn't try to unsuccessfully think for me and just worked as a phone. Seriously contemplating becoming a Luddite purist and ditching the SPV.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Christopher Woods

? This thread's pretty confusing, were you having a conversation with a user who's subsequently been deleted or something?