• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dave Abrey

Dave Abrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
How do I check to see how much space is on both the phone and the SD card? If I look in settings/about, I get the following:

Available Storage: 6.04mb
Total Storage: 7.50mb
Available Memory:4.58mb
Total Memory: 11.82mb

These numbers remain the same with or without the supplied SD card inserted... I've read something about 128MB somewhere, but I'd like to see hard numbers :wink:.

Thanks,

Dave

Bazz

Bazz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
Yeah, Settings about DOESN'T include the SD card. Bit annoying that.

To see space on the SD card you have to use the All-Explorers Demo on the supplied SD card to see space on the SD card. Install the demo and then browse until you see the card, then click about (or something like that).

Not sure what your question about 128Mb is. The supplied card is 8Mb (though obviously not all free cause there are programs on it). You can get a 128Mb card (or 256Mb, 512Mb for that matter), but that's extra.

Hope That Helps,
Barry

I get my kicks from winding people up ;-)

Dave Abrey

Dave Abrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the info.

Kind of daft that the phone doesn't have info on the card :D.

I was hoping that you could check the space using the regular Windows Explorer, as the one you mentioned is a demo :(.

AS for the 128MB thing, I thought I had read it in one of the reviews. Must be losing the plot :(.

Thanks,

Dave

Bazz

Bazz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
Yeah, it's annoying that regular windows on your PC doesn't give this info (when connected via ActiveSync), so the only way is using All-Explorer. Either that or do what I do - bung it full of MP3s until it says you can't have anymore ;-)

Barry

Dave Abrey

Dave Abrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Barry,

So how do I know that the files are being put on the card? I had a quick look in Windows Media Player, and I could see the phone in there as a device, but I want to make sure that the files end up on the card not the phone. Sorry for the stupid questions :wink:.

Thanks,

Dave

Bazz

Bazz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
I didn't use WMP. I used Windows Explorer (on my PC):

Phone:
My Computer -> Mobile Device -> My Smartphone -> IPSM -> My Documents

Smartcard:
My Computer -> Mobile Device -> My Smartphone -> Storage Card

I did find that I had to copy and paste files as drag and drop didn't seem to work.

I don't use WMP, but can you chose where on the phone to save it? If so just naviagte to the appropriate place.

Barry

Dave Abrey

Dave Abrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home :D.

Dave.

Shire29

Shire29

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:SPV, Q3A
I also like to see what is on my phone, so I down loaded and installed the full version of All Explorer. Don't like to have to pay for this as it's an integral part of normal Windows operating systems, but so far it has proved it's worth.

A little scrolling and you get full folder structure, file listing, size, type, date changed etc.

You can select a folder and go into menu, select file, properties and it will give you the total memory for the folder. You can see your photo's on the file and click to view.

Well worth the cash in my opinion.

Cheers, Shire

cupra

cupra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is the full version of ALL Explorer much different from the demo one?
The demo does seem a bit slow especially when scrolling through the windows folder :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users