Has Onestopphoneshop.co.uk got best offer?

Guest Aonz

I got mine from OSPS on this offer and was very pleased with the deal and the service. I ordered on 18/12/02 PM and the phone was with me 20/12/02 AM. I had rang around previously and not even orange had them in stock at the time. I would highly recommend them.

• 9 months later...
Guest mattscholey

Best deal I found when buying my E100 in August was from orange.co.uk. At that time, you could buy any phone on Pay Monthly, and the phone will cost whatever the price was for the phone on Your Plan 200 (£30/month), even if you (like me) were only paying half that each month. Although they have now sorted this out, and I realised I got the phone for £130 instead of £300, which was nice. And their square deals saved me £2/month and threw in free wap, and these deals weren't available anywhere else (even in Orange shops). I think these are still around.

Moral of the story: when buying a phone, always check out www.orange.co.uk (and your wasting your time looking in an Orange shop).

Matt

Guest mike-oh

dam i wish my contract ran out now!!

Hmm but cos i'm gonna get this phone any way, and it might be a £100 more if there's been a mistake and they realise before i get round to getting it.....it might actually work out cheaper to pay line rental on two phones for a couple of months!! :)

Well that's my argument anyhow.

Well, I'm switching my phone to the Virgin OVP tariff, then taking out a new contract and using a couple of hundred of my 2,000 free text messages to tell everyone my new number :)

Unless we can do call redirects? Anyone know?

Guest chucky.egg
Unless we can do call redirects? Anyone know? [/qoute]

Yeah, you can.

With your current SIM in the phone set the unconditional diverts to your NEW phone number, then swap the SIMs and your done! The divert stays on until you take it off - I use this on my work number to divert to my personal number.

Not sure how it gets billed. At work we're not on tariffs like "personal" sers, so I can't check if it uses inclusive minutes...

When i got my SPV almost a year ago, I just changed my old phone's tariff to OVP Virgin (no line rental) then took out a new contract with Orange, called OCS and asked them to set up a forward from your old number to the new one. This doesn't work with text messages but saves you having to give out your new number to people like banks etc who occassionally call (and the service is free). Disallow answer phone messages (and leave a greeting giving your new number) on the old number - as calls get diverted to your old voicemail if it tries to divert to your new number and you are busy/don't pick up, and then e-mail or text all mates with new phone number and there you go - new phone at stupidly low price, plus any 'new customer' offres such as 2000 free texts.

Definately doing this again when my current contract is up in December.

8)

Guest chucky.egg

A while back I wrote a (fairly buggy) VB app that lets you process SMS.

Incoming SMS can trigger a scripted command, which would perform whatever function you want (within reason!) so it would let you forward the message on to your new number.

I used it on my works phone (I dont pay the bill on that) and copied all SMS to my personal phone.

If anyone's interested I can post it somewhere on FTP, it does require a Nokia and ideally a cable connection. I wouldn't recommend it if you pay the "source" phone bill though!

Guest capt_janeway

I think its is a shame that loyal customers are not able to take advantage of these deals without losing their number.

I'm on Everyday 50 and am really interested in some of the new tariffs but don't want to lose the number I've had for the last 5+ years

Guest capt_janeway

I don't understand why we can't have the same benefits - afterall we have to sign up to a 12 month contract when we upgrade the same as new customers?

I am getting really sick of Orange's attitude to current customers - just shows loyalty means nothing :evil: :evil: :cry:

Mind you I am hearing that you may get a cheaper upgrade (E200) if you are a high user.

If you average bill is less than £25/ month upgrade = £199.99

£25-£50 upgrade = £149.99

£50+ upgrade = £99.99

Just something I keep hearing, maybe good news for some of us :wink:

Guest cybercamel

Still doesn't compare with £34 and 2000 texts though! I've been with Orange for about 5 yrs as well. :lol: I would be quite happy to come off E50 and go to YP200, but there is no incentive for me to do it.

Just out of curiousity, if you upgrade to say another phone, did I see that the E100 was £30, how long have you got if you change your mind, is it 14 days? I was thinking that you could upgrade, sell your SPV for £150 on Ebay and then go back with the cash and change back your plan, hand back the E100 and get the E200 on another plan.

Would that work? It's obviously for those of us who haven't got the cash to splash ;)

With new sign ups you get a X- day money back promise, but with upgrades I think that is void. So you can't change your mind ;)

Nice idea if you find another way let us all know :lol:

Guest Kallisti

What's really annoying is that if you are with Voda, you can just go to another billing company and get a new contract and port your number. Orange won't let you do the same. Hey ho.

Guest cybercamel

Spoke to a very nice lady at customer services. She admitted it wasn't fair and that the only way round it was to give a 30 day notice that you're going to quit Orange. Then customer relations will get on to you and try and get you to stay, with, hopefully some incentives! Probably won't be a cheaper phone but you might get some of the packages offered to new customers!

Other than that, its wait til the E200 comes out with another network. :lol:

Guest statscat

I don't know if this helps any, but Orange offer a plan called

Orange Value Promise (OVP) essentially if you can get a deal with another network then orange will match it, so say you got

200 minutes and 200 texts for x pounds from company y then Orange would match it exactly, however if you go that route then you can't add the bundles like orangeworld access or further text messaging bundles.