165 replies to this topic

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hermes

You have to make sure that the music files you have on your phone are in .wav format rather than .mp3 or .wma.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can use mp3 and wma files as well, but I believe you need to put them in a special place or something for them to be listed. See my next point for an alternative...

Although i would like to be able to set a different tone for my message alert and my alarm. I guess i've just been used to nokia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can. Just go into the notifications options. An alternative would be to check out "PPC Profiles" (look in the software section of modaco PPC). It allows you to have multiple profiles e.g. home, work, so everything can have a different tone depending on where you are. Also, I think it makes using mp3s etc easier.

For a more functional alarm, check out "Stoptime". Does handy little reminders as well. Both software utils I mentioned are free.

stolford

stolford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
After all the rave reviews I've seen (especially here) I cant tell you how disappointed I was when my M2000 arrived today.

After waiting 8 hours while it charged, when I set it up neither the wi-fi nor the bluetooth work.

It sees the wireless router, but no matter what I do none of the programmes connect to the internet - I just get a message saying that there are no network cards installed - even though the router sees the M2000 and the wi-fi settings on it are reporting back the router details.

As far a bluetooth goes, I have 2 headsets - a sony ericsson and a Motorola - and the M2000 sees neither of them.

I tried to speak to Orange - but their staff know less about the phone than I do (which is a bit frustrating) - so it may go back tomorrow. ;)

travisb

travisb

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@marksou
Try hitchiker - http://www.kasuei.com/hitchhiker/

I use this to control Wi-Fi access on my M2000, and it sets up access to routers and controls programs like Pocket IE to work via Wi-Fi rather than GPRS

[sigtracker]9444[/sigtracker]

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hermes

It sees the wireless router, but no matter what I do none of the programmes connect to the internet - I just get a message saying that there are no network cards installed - even though the router sees the M2000 and the wi-fi settings on it are reporting back the router details.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WiFi is a pain at the best of times. From your symptoms it sounds as though the enryption is messed up. You can see the network but cannot connect. It's really user-unfriendly as you get no error message. It's the same on all WiFi devices I've used, I think it's by design. No error message means brute-force hackers have to actually test the link for each attempt. Slows 'em down big time.

Check out vxUtil and vxIpConfig. The first is a network util, dns lookups, pings, port scans, and the second lets you see/renew your IP. When you start messing with WiFi encryption, youll need them! Note that all MS devices auto-allocate a 169.x.x.x address if it cannot see a DHCP server, so if you have one of those addresses, the link isn't working. Try and ping the router for starters, once that is fine it'll all fall into place.

BT, dunno, only got once device (GPS) and it works fine, didn't have any bother with it.

Edit: I've now tried the app travisb recommended. I recommend it to, very handy, it's a keeper. Essentially replaces the menus that been holding you back!

Edited by fraser, 22 October 2005 - 03:31 AM.

Smidge

Smidge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV M2000
Hi guys. Thanks for the tips. I purchased the adaptor for my headphone socket and it works a treat! Ta Pondrew.

I have to say that my M2000 works perfectly and the wi-fi is ace. When i go to the library i hook up no bother. And the school which i work in had wireless connection too so it's almost made my laptop defunkt.

Keep the faith guys.

Smidge

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Yep, still loving my MDA III. In fact, having held an MDA Pro AND an XDA Exec today, I have to say I think I'm happy sticking with the Blue Angel. The Universal (XDA Exec/MDA Pro) IS bigger and NOTICABLY heavier. I'd be really worried about dropping it and it's too bulky with the screen outwards (as I'd want it, Blue Angel style).

Gonna wait until a smaller form factor like the HTC Wizard becomes widely available (MDA Vario maybe) or until a smaller VGA screen Pocket PC Phone comes out. Til then our Blue Angels spec is good enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users