Voice dial over bluetooth headset

Guest jezza1

Guest witchnut

This is a bit of a cludgy work around that I use on my smartphone but something similar might just do what you want.

I have an SPV C500, a Jabra BT250 and Fonix Voice Dial v 2.0

I have added a voice tag named "Fonix" to the Fonix Voicedial application, (do this by highlighting Fonix VoiceDial in the start menu, press menu and follow instruction to add a voice tag).

Having done this you are set up so that pressing the call button on the Jabra requests a voice tag from you (in your ear through the Jabra) and you just say "Fonix" into the Jabra microphone.

At this point Fonix Voicedial runs, but at this time its running through the phones microphone and speaker, (this can be a problem if you have background noise eg when you have the radio on in the car).

Assuming then that you get Fonix to understand who you are trying to dial (and I don't achieve the level of success other people on here claim) and then shout YES, the the call is made and at that point the call is transferred to the Jabra, hey presto!

Matt

Guest witchnut

Yeh, I know its not right elegant but it works. I was hoping that someone might post a solution of how to talk to Fonix over bluetooth between it opening and actually dialling the call.

Witchnut

• 2 months later...
UZI_999

Just go to the home page HERE and look at the latest forum topics (bottom left corner) you'll see one for VCABT (voice command activation over bluetooth).

That's the one you want. Otherise drill down into the main magician forum and you'll see it on the first page.

Nice oneĀ  8) Paul/RMG !! 8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Baldrick45,

Great spot! I just installed VCABT and after a little bit of manual fiddling I now have MS Voice Command set up perfectly for use in the car!

• 1 month later...
Guest scott_b

Ive just been reading through the thread here and didnt realise that the M2000 had this problem! Im using an M5000 and it seems to work fine with the HS820 headset i have. I tap the button on the headset to activate voice dialling then speak into the headset and it rings the correct contact. It also works with applications as well - not that thats any real benefit!