Ringtone volume

Guest zarquon

Guest zarquon

The ring tone volume was queried on the smartphone site, I have a possible answer.

If you tap on the speaker you get two volume controls, one for general PDA clicks and bleeps and one for incoming call ring.

If you are previewing the sounds available under the 'Add Ring tone' icon they play at the PDA volume setting.

It had me going for a while :?

Guest johnbanks

It also seems abit odd, but the volume level in Media Player also effects the sound levels. I have Snow Patrol - run as a ring tone, wma converted from mp3.

I push the sound up to max for the phone, but it was still kinda.... quiet for a ringtone. I went into media player and pushed the sound to max, the ringtone volume also increased.

Weird..... unless the phone uses media player to player the ringtone when the phone rings.

• 4 months later...
Guest shardy
Also as the ringtones are WAV based the volume level of the file itself is important. You can load the WAV into Windows Sound Recorder and boost the volume by 25%.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, the ringtone files on my M2000 seem to be in WMA format not wav! Is it still possible to boost the volume? I'm getting really sick of missing calls through not hearing the phone ring! I've done a google search but can't seem to find anything...

Sam