How does one switch the M2000 off?

Short pressing the power button turns the screen off but leaves the phone in operation. Short pressing it again brings the screen back to life after entering any security information, if set.

Long pressing the power button turns the backlight off and resets the brightness level to zero. You then have to go into Settings-Backlight and then readjust the backlight level.

Strange.

Is there any way to actually swith the phone off altogether??

The only way to turn it off proper is to take the battery out!

Depending on what you are trying to achieve by turning the phone 'off' you can put the handset into flight mode then turn the screen off. The battery last weeks like this!

Guest theanarch1st

not really along the same lines that i need, but i have found that when i leave the m2000 in the cradle it syncs repeatedly even when i set it to sync manually only, so everytime it turns the screen off it will re sync unless i tell active sync not to sync on connection then the screen remains off

is there anyway to stop this apart from what i have done whilst still leaving it in the cradle??

Guest PPCPassion

Answer to first part of question: How to turn off the phone? If you don't use Blue Tooth, turn it off from setting. I am attaching a cab file, download on your PPC, double click to install it. Assign this file to one of the hardware buttons, and now you have button to turn the phone on/off. Please note it ONLY turns the phone off not BT.

Answer to second part: Cont active syn behavior: Assuming you have set up active syn to syn only manually, only other thing I can suggest is if you are using one of the Omega programs such as Journal Bar or any other program which requires to "update" info on a regular interval. If so, check the settings of that program and uncheck "update at...minutes".

Hope this helps. If cab file does not load properly on this site, email me and I'll send you the file: [email protected]