Bluetooth bug?

Guest dazza12

Guest dazza12

My M2000 turns off after a couple of minutes as part of the power saving features. This is not the problem though.

When I turn it back on, it reports after a few seconds that the bluetooth device could not be turned on due to insufficient memory for the driver. This isn't all the time though, but about 80% of the time. Bluetooth still works though, I've managed to still use my headset after getting this error.

Also, shortly after the phone turns on I get a quarter second low pitched beep. I can't see any errors or notifications to see what the beep is referring to. Anyone got any ideas?

I can't answer your question about bluetooth at the moment but regarding your 'beep'. Do you have WiFi enabled? When the phone wakes up and you have WiFi enabled it beeps once it turns the WiFi on.

The only other time I know that you get this beep is when the GPRS service becomes available.

Im not sure if the beep might also signify a bluetooth connection.

Guest boyrabs

I also get the beep, usually it will beep for a period of 5 minutes or so then go quiet again. I think it is when WiFi is enabled and it switches between WiFi and GPRS. Not sure.. However I keep disabling WiFi and I am sure it turns itself on when I'm not looking!!

I am having problems with Bluetooth too. Mainly with the headset. Set it up - no probs. Works fine, both when making and receiving calls. But then it will randomly not work, really frustrating! Is this related to the phone going into standby mode?? Unless I go into bluetooth manager, it wont work!

Also tried to discover other mobi's - no luck. Either I am being stupid or the bluetooth support on this thing is cra@!!

Anyone got any ideas / similar problems!

Guest paulstorrar

boyrabs - glad it is not just me - having exactly the same problems. Using a Jabra BT250 - only seem to be able to get a connection randomly, and wireless does seem to turn itself on.

How are you getting your bluetooth headset connection to work again? The connection manager says it is conmected on mine, but calls are not being passed through to it..... :?

Paul

Guest dazza12

I'm also getting calls not carried to the Bluetooth headset randomly.

I've found a workaround that seems to work at the moment, but I've only tested this on the last 5 calls. If I turn the headset off and Bluetooth on the phone, then turn them back on, making sure the headset is on before the phone it seems to work.

However, for outgoing calls it is still random whether the headset cuts in at the beginning of the call.

It's still 100 times better support than the E200 though.

** EDIT - anyone know where these random attachments are coming from?

Guest boyrabs

Paul - exacrtly the same symptoms mate!

I get the headset working again by turning off bluetooth on the M2000, have to leave it off for a minute then back on. Sometimes have to go into Bluetooth Manager to prompt it in to action! Trouble is it is not long before I have to do it all again! And of course - cant do this when driving (the whole point of the exercise!!)

If I take a call on the handset instead of the headset, it also stops passing calls to the headset until I reset it.

Any one else have this problem or know of any fixes? Does anyone know of any bluetooth software that would provide better b/t service?

Guest ventmore
Hi Ventmore

Do you have the address for the PDA2k site - I will try the patch on my M2000 and hope it works......

Paul

Hey Paul...this is the url:

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAct...DEVICE_PDA2K_BT

However, it sayd you have to register with them, using your IMEI, so I'm not sure whether it will let us register a M2000. Also, I have been looking at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewforum....09bda0628e3689b today, and specifically this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=13766

and it seems like it may not be a total fix as of yet...still may be worth a try though, and if imate won't let you register, then maybe someone at this forum will supply you with the patch...don't know whether there will be any risk to the M2000 though!

Cheers

Ventmore

Guest boyrabs

I tried to register at club i-mate - would not let me so I emailed them and got nowhere - they explained that I do not have a pda2K, I have asked how I get this patch so - I'll keep you informed!

Hello everyone..........I had a PDA2k before I sold on to get the XDAIIs on upgrade............

luckily, i am still registered with clubimate !!!

i just downloaded the file for you all just in case it works..........i don't use my XDAIIs for phone calls much and not with Bluetooth headset so can't comment on whether it works !

regards

Guest gideonkay

I simply can't believe this device - how can HTC/MSoft/Orange etc get Bluetooth so wrong on the M1000 requiring the excellent Bluetooth Tools workaround and mess it up even further on the M2000?!!

I have 2 main (and major) problems -

1. The Bluetooth Radio out of memory error which appears almost randomly - nothing I install or de-install seems to help on this one

2. It doesn't work with my Sony Bluetooth Car Kit HCB-30 - (the M1000 with Pocket Bluetooth Tools installed worked fine) - bonds ok, and then works the first time, but next time you get in the car it doesn't connect or work unless you go throught the painful process of re-pairing the device and setting it up again.

Does some kind and clever soul out there have a fix? I know that imate have posted some stuff, but as a M2000 owner I can't get access. Can we as a group email the person who developed Pocket Bluetooth Tools and get him to port it to M2000 / Blue Angel??

Guest dazza12

I also get this Bluetooth out of memory error. It tends to happen when I've let the phone go off for a while.

However, sometimes I've had a different error saying that BTTrayCE has expired and cannot be used anymore. Sounds like Orange are using some hacked shareware for the Bluetooth software!

Headset support seems to be flaky with this phone, but seems to work ok with TomTom GPS. I would appreciate anyone with BT headset or carkit problems to update the thread I created, I'm trying to make a definitive list of devices that work with the M2000.

Hi dazza12

Both me & my husband have the M2000`s We`ve had them for 2 weeks now & love them...

We initially bought the jabra bt500 BT headsets & found probs with them, we returned them to The Link they happily exchanged them for us, we now have Logitech bt headsets, hubbies is the logitech Freedom, mine is the Logitech bluetooth headset... They work well neither of us have had any probs at all with them... they are both priced the same at £39.99 at The Link heres the Logitech web site if anyone wants to check them out

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...US/EN,crid=2192

Guest broughs

upgraded m2000 Bluetooth stack yesterday (PDA2k_Bluetooth_Fix)

Much better performance - less static, better range and no intermittant turning on of the screen while connected. I am using a Motorola HS820 and am now back to where we should have started from.

Hope Orange can deliver a new rom upgrade with this included in the near future

Stu

Guest paulstorrar

Have installed the bluetooth patch as well. Had to do a hard reset the first time, as it froze on the boot screen. Second attempt was fine though.

Can now use my Jabra BT 250 with no problems at all (well so far....) :)

Paul

Guest dazza12

Copy it to your M2000 using the Explore button on Activesync. Then using File Explorer on the phone, navigate to it and click the file to run it. It will then install.

I did find that when I ran the file, it corrupted my today screen. You need to do a soft reset after you have ran it. My corruption of the today screen needed another soft reset to clear it.

What I did find then is that the phone functions would not give any sound through the phone itself or the headset. I managed to fix this by removing the battery and reinserting, in other words a power off reset. Works perfectly now.

I wouldn't recommend doing a hard reset though, you'll lose everything on your phone including this patch, and will have to reinstall. Make sure you backup using either xBackup (on the phone) or the backup function in Activesync (Tools - Backup/Restore).

Guest ADS Entertainments

Managed to get the fix onto my M2000, but as you say my frontpage isn't visable, I have done 6 soft resets, and a couple of battery off resets to no avail, so will try it once again before I do a hard reset and lose everything.