25 replies to this topic

egghead101

egghead101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:SPVe2000

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap GPS reciever unit that will work with the M2000? I don't need any software or cradles with it, just the reciever and power cable.  Thanks in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are looking for wired go with a Haicom 204e or wireless 204s. Pretty cheap and work fine on m2000. Ebay is worth a look. Power supply and gps mousey thing included

Been using mine for weeks and it is great.....

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
egghead101 (SPVm2000)
What's my next phone going to be?
I have had all the Microsoft phones and nearly every Symbian. Can't be arsed listing them all.

philgriffiths

philgriffiths

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Devices:Orange M2000
Has onyone used Tom Tom with the Parrot CK3300 car kit and an M2000? I was thinking about buying the CK3100, and a GPS package, but it works out cheaper to buy the CK3300 with in built GPS and the Tom Tom package then it is to buy everything seperatley. Just wondered how well it would all work together. Presuamably the GPS device with the CK3300 is wired into the car so would be powered from the car battery and wouldn't need charging seperatley. is this the case?

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

sganatra

sganatra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:p900

Has onyone used Tom Tom with the Parrot CK3300 car kit and an M2000? I was thinking about buying the CK3100, and a GPS package, but it works out cheaper to buy the CK3300 with in built GPS and the Tom Tom package then it is to buy everything seperatley. Just wondered how well it would all work together. Presuamably the GPS device with the CK3300 is wired into the car so would be powered from the car battery and wouldn't need charging seperatley. is this the case?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also be interested to know if any1 has tried this combination.
There must be someone out there!

philgriffiths

philgriffiths

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Devices:Orange M2000
Also... with the above setup i mentioned would the audio directions given by the sat nav interrupt any music your playing on your car stereo?

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

rickwookie

rickwookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:C500, Vario II & Vario III

Well on this thread i just wanted to say that anyone who had the same problems as me, here is the cure....

tom tom 3.07 patch for GPS cures the XDA/m2000 problem using the wired GPS solutions.

I have a haicom hs204 with my m2000. After pulling my hair out looking at loads of forums and lots of newsgroups i found that the patch on tom tom's website specifically fixes the xda problem, i.e serial com 1.

Anyway sorry t bore everyone else but thsi thread could help someone in the future.....

Happy New Year ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was looking for exactly this solution. I though for a short while that the M2000 was going to be like my girlfriends HP iPaq 1940 which had no serial port and like her I was going to have to fork-out for a bluetooth GPS receiver.

Thanks for the tip. Although I have to say I thought that I'd already installed this patch, but maybe it didn't instal correctly. I'll check the GPS version tonight.

Regarding your point about boring people, I find it so rude when you can post a couple of times to a thread and it's like you're not there! You start to wonder if your posts are even showing up when other users log-in. :| Well, here's proof (I hope) that your posts were indeed usefull.

rickwookie

rickwookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:C500, Vario II & Vario III
Okay, so I've just seen the posts regarding the IR port using COM1. Unticked 'receive incomming beams', all working now! Cheers anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users