email problems with inbox

Guest ventmore

Guest ventmore

Anyone else having problems with inbox. Mine seems to take an extremely long time to check for mail, and has problems sending.

Sometimes it will check ok, then if I set it to auto-check every 15 mins, it does it once or twice, the when I check it to see why it hasn't collected anything later on, I find inbox is stuck on 'Disconnecting'.

I ask, because I was wnodering if anyone having problems had tried this fix:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/vie...ht=inbox+wm2003

I am thinking of trying it later, but wanted to know if anyone else had first. If it doesn't work, I assume I can just delete the key from the registry again and all will be back to normal...is that true?

Cheers

Ventmore

Guest ventmore
Anyone else having problems with inbox.  Mine seems to take an extremely long time to check for mail, and has problems sending.

Sometimes it will check ok, then if I set it to auto-check every 15 mins, it does it once or twice, the when I check it to see why it hasn't collected anything later on, I find inbox is stuck on 'Disconnecting'.

I ask, because I was wnodering if anyone having problems had tried this fix:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/vie...ht=inbox+wm2003

I am thinking of trying it later, but wanted to know if anyone else had first.  If it doesn't work, I assume I can just delete the key from the registry again and all will be back to normal...is that true?

Cheers

Ventmore

I bit the bullet and tried the hack, and it works a treat. Checks emails in seconds now, and autochecks regular as clockwork......now if only it could do multiple accounts, I'd be a happy man...oh...and it now won't check gmail, but that's because gmail pop3 requires ssl.

Cheers

Ventmore