• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DylJones

DylJones

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have had a problem with my M1000 where I send a text and the person on the other end recieves it twice. When it happens I also recieve another notification that it's been sent.

I spoke to Orange about it and they weren't much help (they accused O2 of having a problem because my wife was recieving them twice. Lame).

I'm now waiting until my next bill so i can check if I'm being charged twice (If I am, they can look out! :twisted: ) but I think I may have worked something out.

I noticed that if I write the message, send it and close the inbox immediately then I don't get a 'sent' notification (until I re-open the inbox). When I send a message and leave the inbox open until i get the 'sent' notification then it works fine. Not ideal, but hey, it's a fix! :)

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had this.

mr_tim

mr_tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Yep - I've been told I've been sending double texts (i only sent one myself). At the time the sent box was disabled so i've enables it to check now. I also found that closing the inbox resulted in the message not being sent until reopening the messaging - in most cases hours later - it's a bit of a poor show really.

SPV > Treo 600 > SPV M2000 > MDA Pro > K800i > Diamond > Hero

DylJones

DylJones

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Yeah, I can't wait for my next bill (did I really say that?!?!) so that I can check it out and give Orange some grief. :twisted: Can you say 'com-pen-sation'?

confused and hungover

confused and hungover

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:drink
  • Devices:SPV C500, M500
was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

devices: C500, evil evil M500, C600, Magic Bullet, hole punch, screw driver

So this seal walks into a club.....

But.... i didn't eat sweetcorn?!?!?

jonathanscottlee

jonathanscottlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA 2

was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first time ever I can help!!! :-) I had this problem. It happens when you exit the message page before the envelope has a chance to appear. Not sure about a fix but I am happy just being a little bit more patient and waiting for the message envelope to appear on screen. Then you can quit.

Let me know if this helps!

Can anyone help me? I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II

Can anyone help me?  I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might be best not to if you can't afford to lose the device. Just that problems do happen and you might end up turning your HTC Himalaya into a paperweight.

But if you want to do some reading on your device then check out the XDA-Developers.com wiki pages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users