Double Text Sending?

Guest DylJones

Guest DylJones

I have had a problem with my M1000 where I send a text and the person on the other end recieves it twice. When it happens I also recieve another notification that it's been sent.

I spoke to Orange about it and they weren't much help (they accused O2 of having a problem because my wife was recieving them twice. Lame).

I'm now waiting until my next bill so i can check if I'm being charged twice (If I am, they can look out! :twisted: ) but I think I may have worked something out.

I noticed that if I write the message, send it and close the inbox immediately then I don't get a 'sent' notification (until I re-open the inbox). When I send a message and leave the inbox open until i get the 'sent' notification then it works fine. Not ideal, but hey, it's a fix! :)

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had this.

Yep - I've been told I've been sending double texts (i only sent one myself). At the time the sent box was disabled so i've enables it to check now. I also found that closing the inbox resulted in the message not being sent until reopening the messaging - in most cases hours later - it's a bit of a poor show really.

Guest DylJones

Yeah, I can't wait for my next bill (did I really say that?!?!) so that I can check it out and give Orange some grief. :twisted: Can you say 'com-pen-sation'?

• 6 months later...
Guest confused and hungover

was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

Guest jonathanscottlee
was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first time ever I can help!!! :-) I had this problem. It happens when you exit the message page before the envelope has a chance to appear. Not sure about a fix but I am happy just being a little bit more patient and waiting for the message envelope to appear on screen. Then you can quit.

Let me know if this helps!

Can anyone help me? I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

Guest Pondrew
Can anyone help me?  I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might be best not to if you can't afford to lose the device. Just that problems do happen and you might end up turning your HTC Himalaya into a paperweight.

But if you want to do some reading on your device then check out the XDA-Developers.com wiki pages