imate Jam - First Impressions!!!???

Guest TigerNet

Guest namiran

Just a notice for everyone considering getting this device, my own opinion after 2 days spent with it are:

1. Seems to have problem with my 1Gb Sandisk SD card meaning that sometimes it wants to format the card!? And some shortcuts in the programs menu to applications installed on the card seems to dissapear from time to time!?

2. This is NOT a NeoNode killer! NeoNode is meant for easy use with just one hand, using just one hand to write sms on this device is REALLY painfull and in the end you'll pic up the pen and there, you have everyone staring at you. Even calling someone that isnt on your speed dial or call history i feel is pain.

3. The camera on my S100 is much better then i would expect :)

4.There are some great games! But usefull applications seems to exist less of

5. You cant make your todayscreen (homescreen) look as cool as you can on the SPV range with all the free plugins

6.Watching movies on this thing is Great! :(

Basicly, i feel like the phone functions of this device are too bad...But and thats a BIG but :( the entertainment part of this phone, the browsing capabilitys and the overall feel of quality and stability is soo much greater then the spv range!

Guest scott_donald
Just a notice for everyone considering getting this device, my own opinion after 2 days spent with it are:

1. Seems to have problem with my 1Gb Sandisk SD card meaning that sometimes it wants to format the card!? And some shortcuts in the programs menu to applications installed on the card seems to dissapear from time to time!?

2. This is NOT a NeoNode killer! NeoNode is meant for easy use with just one hand, using just one hand to write sms on this device is REALLY painfull and in the end you'll pic up the pen and there, you have everyone staring at you. Even calling someone that isnt on your speed dial or call history i feel is pain.

3. The camera on my S100 is much better then i would expect :)

4.There are some great games! But usefull applications seems to exist less of

5. You cant make your todayscreen (homescreen) look as cool as you can on the SPV range with all the free http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins

6.Watching movies on this thing is Great! :(

Basicly, i feel like the phone functions of this device are too bad...But and thats a BIG but :( the entertainment part of this phone, the browsing capabilitys and the overall feel of quality and stability is soo much greater then the spv range!

i find i can write texts and dial numbers now so quickly now i have it all set up to my likings... only thing adding number for sms... but most are replies...

where did u get the free plugins...

Guest TigerNet

...I agree...the only bit that is a bit fiddly is getting the number into a text message...

...oh...and when a call has come in and answered on headset, the screen and buttons become unlocked...

Cheers

Nick

http://www.doml.com/product.asp?id=1742&model=xda2mini

nice case, just took delivery

also, i bought the screen protectors from Martin Fields and they are superb......even better than my previous choice of PDA Writeshield....it almost looks like the screen itself

just cocked up on the application and scratched the underside of the screen protector, you have to be mega careful when applying :cry: going to have to place another order

This is a known issue, see

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?co..._JAM&thread=153.

There are also reports of the device randomly wiping cards after a soft reset.

It might be worth letting your vendor and Q-Tek know so they can also take the issue up with HTC.