First hour with the Jam!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

OK, so here's what i've done so far:

- Changed the text size to the normal size (instead of the slightly bigger than

normal default)

- Installed the CAB containing Orange Backup (pulled from the M1000 extended ROM!)

- Installed SPB Pocket Plus and set up indicators on the today screen for memory, battery, backlight control etc

- Inserted my 1GB SD and synced some tunes over from my Media Center

- Installed Mohairsofa Calendar+ Today Plugin

- Installed Pocket Bluetooth Tools

- Installed Code North Pocket IRC

- Installed Worms World Party

- Synced to my Exchange Server

- Set Homescreen to 'Bliss'

- Turned off Space Inserting and Click noise in the T9 software

- Installed software for SD WiFi card

Pretty much there now on tweaking I think ;-)

P

Hi Paul

mine is due tomorrow from expansys

what's your first impressions on the unit??

I have the XDAIIs and uninstalled PocketPlus and the speed difference is amazing......have you trued before and after on the Jam???

Guest TigerNet

@Paul...which version of SPB Pocket Plus did you install and from where? When I installed this, I got some funny lines across the top of my theme which were really annoying...

...ideas??

Cheers

Nick

Guest TigerNet

...doh!!! Just installed the newest version of SPB Pocket Plus and guess what...when it launched, the first help screen told me about those lines...they are a battery strength indicator!!!

How dumb do I feel!!!

Cheers

Nick

i am having my first few hours too, but right now i dare not touch it during its first charge. does it need a long charge first? am sure i read somewhere to give it eight hours but cant see anything in the literature...

Guest scott_donald
i am having my first few hours too, but right now i dare not touch it during its first charge. does it need a long charge first? am sure i read somewhere to give it eight hours but cant see anything in the literature...

it says that in the quick start guide... i gave it 6... could not resist then the battery lasted 2 full days to get to 40 percent... then i charged it over night... now over last say 6 hours batt gone down 6 percent... so much better than my mpx200 which lasted 1 day...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I just bought an i-mate JAM from Dubai. I need help with a couple of questions.

1) How do I turn the phone off completely (I want 2 turn the phone off at night 2 conserve battery. I mean completely shut it off, not just turn the backlight off)?

2) I dont want the Arabic programs installed in the rom. Is there any way i can remove those. On the www.clubimate.com there are backup roms of UK version. Can I install that on my device? Would that work? Thanks in advance.

-----alamr

Guest Chaser81

Dont know the answer to number 2 but I know that you cant turn the Jam off completely as such. Its a Pocket PC, and they arent designed to be turned off completely. If you do, they lose all their information which is not something you want. What you can do, however, is turn the phone into flight mode and then turn the screen off. This will use less power than when it is simply "screen-off".

Guest bturgan
Hi Paul,

I just bought an i-mate JAM from Dubai. I need help with a couple of questions.

1) How do I turn the phone off completely (I want 2 turn the phone off at night 2 conserve battery. I mean completely shut it off, not just turn the backlight off)?

2) I dont want the Arabic programs installed in the rom. Is there any way i can remove those. On the www.clubimate.com there are backup roms of UK version. Can I install that on my device? Would that work? Thanks in advance.

-----alamr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello alamr,

where did you buy your i-mate in dubai? and for how much? cause my family is there, and i will order them,

they told me its $750 in carrefour.

thanks,

berke

Guest vinterbird

What colour is the Jam? Because when I look at it on mobilejoker.de it looks silver like.

But the pictures I've seen from Paul looks iPod white.

Is it only availble in iPod white or silver too?