SPVMan for Phone Edition

Guest Dade

Posted here, as a follow up to SPVInvaders, is the Phone Edition version of the outstanding SPVMan by MoDaCo's friend, 'Muff'.

This game is a faithful conversion of the classic PACMAN. This special Phone Edition version includes bezel art and game backgrounds to further enhance the arcade illusion!

Simply download the and unzip the file to your Pocket PC and run using file explorer. The red end-call button exits the game.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yup. I got anxious so I copied it over and tried it. Looks good.

Out of curiosity, who do you exit out of it when you're done playing?

-Mc

p.s. the background and sounds look great...

from the top post in the thread

Simply download the and unzip the file to your Pocket PC and run using file explorer. The red end-call button exits the game.

that may be my problem.  I'm running it on my iPAQ 5555, not a phone edition.  I don't have an end call button.  :P

Thanks again!

-Mc

ah, sorry, but it is designed for Phone Edition - hence being in the phone edition forum :D

sorry about that :D

muff

• 1 month later...
Guest RussellH

Thanks for this game - can't wait to get it running. Having a problem though. This is the first time I've loaded a .exe file onto my M2000. When I try to run it, I get the error message: "There is no application associated with SPVMan. Run the application first, then open the file from within the application."

I've also tried opening the exe file from my PC (Windows 98), but it won't run from there either.

Do I need some other software to make it run or am I just being a dullard? !!!

Edited by RussellH

Thanks for this game - can't wait to get it running.  Having a problem though.  This is the first time I've loaded a .exe file onto my M2000.  When I try to run it, I get the error message: "There is no application associated with SPVMan.  Run the application first, then open the file from within the application."

I've also tried opening the exe file from my PC (Windows 98), but it won't run from there either.

Do I need some other software to make it run or am I just being a dullard? !!!

in the zip there are 3 files - the exe, the dll and the readme.txt

create a new folder on your SD card and rename it something suitable ( say SPVman or something) and copy all the files into this folder (you dont really need the .txt file in there, but please read it anyway)

then just use the M2000 file explorer to navigate to the folder and click on the exe

it should be that simple :D

(if you are still having problems, then let me know, but it has been tested on M1000 + M2000 devices)

Guest RussellH

Thanks Muff,

I only copied the .exe file. Didn't realise I needed the .dll file as well. Will do as you suggested. I did read the .txt file - it gave me the installation instructions.

Best wishes,

Russell

Guest RussellH

Just installed it, and hey presto! Didn't realise the .dll file was so important.

Thanks again - great version of a great game.

Best wishes,

Russell

Just installed it, and hey presto!  Didn't realise the .dll file was so important.

Thanks again - great version of a great game.

Best wishes,

Russell

hehe, thought I'd just included it for fun ? :D

glad you've got it working and like it :D

muff

Guest sprouts42

Is there any way to remap the buttons? The call buttons are far too close to the d-pad. I keep ending the game in the heat of the moment.

Is there any way to remap the buttons? The call buttons are far too close to the d-pad. I keep ending the game in the heat of the moment.

afraid not - but what would you remap them to on the PPC ?

Guest sprouts42
afraid not - but what would you remap them to on the PPC ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just remap the end game buttons, on the m2000 the buttons are right next to the d-pad.

Just remap the end game buttons, on the m2000 the buttons are right next to the d-pad.

ah

I've left them as they are because it's sort of an unwritten standard amongst apps / games - but I do take the point on the M2000 - unfortunately I can't control the hardware designers (boy do I wish I could) :D

if I were to add in a way to remap the keys then it really needs a screen to do the remapping etc etc - so all of a sudden the little port starts to grow and that's kinda the last thing I want to be spending time on - much rather work on new projects (all of which support key mapping - or at least the end call button is just calls up a menu or something :D)

maybe it's something I'll look at again in the future, but for the moment I'm afraid it will stay as is

muff

Guest sprouts42
maybe it's something I'll look at again in the future, but for the moment I'm afraid it will stay as is

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem, cheers for the effort. I could always learn to lay calmly.

• 2 years later...
Guest RussellH

Hi Chaps,

Had this and SPVInvaders on my SPV M2000. Love them both. Just upgraded to TYTN II and they don't appear to work. The screen goes black and needs a soft reset. Am I doing something wrong, or will these not run with WM2006?

Thanks,

Russell