Voice Command?

Guest Blakey

Which application do people recommend for Voice command of the JAM?

I hear that MS Voice Commander doesn't work properly with Win Media version 10? Does Fonix one work with it?

They seem about the same price. I'd go for the MS one if only it worked with Media (but I expect a patch will come out soon enough of course).

Any comments?

Thanks

Blakey

P.S. Just ordered a JAM!! I guess it's gonna be next year before I actually see it though...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blakey

Bump!

(Still doing research. Although I ordered one last year there was a cock up in my address details so it got rejected. So I still haven't actually bitten the bullet yet....)

Guest Blakey

But you can't use it to play WM10 tracks - is that right? Apparently it worked with WM9 but WM10 (i.e. the default on the JAM) doesn't work?

Blakey

Reading a differenet thread on howardsforums makes me think the WMP 10 bug is fixed under v1.5 of MS Voice Command.

So, anyone who has installed this app on their JAM, did you stick it into ROM or RAM?

Cheers

Blakey

Guest scrosland
Voice Command 1.5 installed... and you CAN say Mobile instead of mow-ball! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good news - so is it generally coping with a UK accent ok?

Also, where did you get it from? I thought that it was only available to US/Canada from handango.com?

Thanks,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TigerNet

...just tried to get the full version of Voice Commander...would not let me download...

Does anyone know where to get it in the UK?? Paul, I think you had installed it...

Cheers

Nick

Guest Chaser81

You are not the first person to say they have had problems downloading Voice Command from Handango. Apparently lots of people are getting "You dont live in the US so bugger off" when they try and pay for it. Does anyone know of a UK reseller, or can we get a comment from Paul on where he got his from??

Guest Chaser81

Just got the full version (finally!) and it rocks. Works superbly on the Jam and is actually louder when it talks back to you than Voice Command on my mate's XDAIIs! He was really annoyed cause it seems to work better on the Jam and his kept crashing (though that might be because of all the crap he has on his XDAIIs).

Love this app, speak ages putting in my contacts and apps, only down side is that the 5" exhaust on my Supra really causes a problem when asking the phone to call anyone on the motorway :(

You seen clarkson fighting with the voice recognition in the Merc, well that's what I was like. Slow down to 50 and it suddenly recognises me again :lol:

Got to love this phone

Guest mike-oh

The trial is excellent!

I've wowed my housemates with it. 8)

It can recognise the a phone number as fast as i can say the digits! Very impressive stuff! :lol:

I can't see it on handango uk. You could always d/load the US one and pay the small exchange charge couldn't you?

Mike

Guest mike-oh

I don't see why there isn't an english version. It understands me fine, n i'm from yorkshire like.

and doing my geordie, brummy and irish accents it still understands me!

Edited by mike-oh

Guest Chaser81
@Chaser81...where did you get it in the UK??? I want to get this after being teased with the trial!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've already discussed this in another thread right? If you still need info on how I got it, PM me.