GPRS Traffic Counter

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to their website for GPRS Traffic Counter? I want to give it a try but since the server is down, I can't activate it for trial use.

Or recommend a similar program as this to track my GPRS usage.

Thanks.

Guest tsutton
Maybe give SPB GPRS Counter a try :)

Tried that, then downloaded some data. It doesn't show anything on the traffic graph. Anyone got this to work under C500?

Thanks.

Guest tsutton

It has now been a day since I used SPB GPRS Counter and it's showing blank. I guess it doesn't work well or I'm doing something wrong.

Below are my settings:

View -> Traffic

View -> Day

1: Connection

Orange GPRS

2: Tariff

Custom Tariff with all of the prices I got from the Orange website

3: Day warning

Day traffic #1 - 100%

4: Month warning

Month traffic #1 - 90%

5: http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen

Session, to display Traffic value, Traffic cost and connection speed.

The profile is set to 'Main' with 'Auto change profile' set.

Anyone got this to work on C500?

Thanks all.

Guest Br1an_g
It has now been a day since I used SPB GPRS Counter and it's showing blank. I guess it doesn't work well or I'm doing something wrong.

Below are my settings:

View -> Traffic

View -> Day

1: Connection

Orange GPRS

2: Tariff

Custom Tariff with all of the prices I got from the Orange website

3: Day warning

Day traffic #1 - 100%

4: Month warning

Month traffic #1 - 90%

5: http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen

Session, to display Traffic value, Traffic cost and connection speed.

The profile is set to 'Main' with 'Auto change profile' set.

Anyone got this to work on C500?

Thanks all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

identical to me...and nothing is updating...i have tried other data connections and its still showing nothing..even after downloading a few movie clips about 700k.

guess it doesnt work with c500? :)

Guest mcwarre

Do'h. just seen the smartphone link. :oops: :oops:

Edit: Can anyone confirm that all-locations GPRS counter (3.1) works with 2003? Handango says it does Here . A bit sceptical...

Edited by mcwarre

Guest tsutton
Edit: Can anyone confirm that all-locations GPRS counter (3.1) works with 2003?  Handango says it does Here .  A bit sceptical...

I tried it and it doesn't work, it kept crashing when I ran the installer. I think it's because the official website is down.

Guest blowdart
Do'h. just seen the smartphone link.  :oops:  :oops:

Edit: Can anyone confirm that all-locations GPRS counter (3.1) works with 2003?  Handango says it does Here .  A bit sceptical...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It did for me, but it only records GPRS traffic from the phone. If you're using it as a modem, and connecting via your PC to the net then that traffic is not monitored, which makes it useless for me.

Guest martin
It did for me, but it only records GPRS traffic from the phone. If you're using it as a modem, and connecting via your PC to the net then that traffic is not monitored, which makes it useless for me.

You would need a dial-up monitor actually on your PC to check this usage. Something like dunmon.

Guest ximinez
I tried it and it doesn't work, it kept crashing when I ran the installer. I think it's because the official website is down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't had a problem with the GPRS counter from all-locations in terms of installation. I have a C500 and it has been 'application unlocked'. I don't think it will install if your phone isn't unlocked. You can do this at the Orange SPV DeCert Utility

I too have had problems activating the product because the website is down. Foolishly I bought the full product from Handango (after running the trial) without checking that the website was current. I'm now waiting to hear from Handango about a refund.

I have also looked at the SPB monitor but SPB say that it won't work with Orange Smartphones, even ones that have been unlocked. I did try it anyway: it installed, but locked up when you try to change some of the settings.

If they get this sorted, I'll probably go with the SPB monitor.

Edited by ximinez

Guest tsutton
I haven't had a problem with the GPRS counter from all-locations in terms of installation. I have a C500 and it has been 'application unlocked'. I don't think it will install if your phone isn't unlocked. You can do this at the Orange SPV DeCert Utility

I didn't have any problems with installing it, it's just not showing any data/graphs.

If I didn't have nay problems with installing it, does it mean my phone is already application unlocked?

Guest Confucious

tsutton - have you set it to monitor your data connection?

As the previous post to yours says, it will install on a phone that is NOT unlocked so doesn't prove anything. If you haven't unlocked it then why do you think it might be unlocked? If you have unlocked it then why do you think it might not be?

Guest drblow

I just got an email from SPB software support. They are aware of the problems with Orange phones, especially the c500, and are working on it now. They did say it may be a month or 2, but I guess it's worth waiting for as it is dramatically more funky to look at than all-locations. & the homescreen plugin would be a beauty!

Guest tsutton
tsutton - have you set it to monitor your data connection?

Yes, 'The Internet' and also Orange GPRS - both of them didn't make any graphs when I did download some data.

If you haven't unlocked it then why do you think it might be unlocked? If you have unlocked it then why do you think it might not be?

From what I have seen, I would have not been able to install unsigned programs, just signed. But it was installed without any problems.

That's why I think my phone is application unlocked. (it's almost 1 week old)

Unless I'm wrong...

Thanks for the reply.

Guest tsutton
I just got an email from SPB software support.  They are aware of the problems with Orange phones, especially the c500, and are working on it now.  They did say it may be a month or 2, but I guess it's worth waiting for as it is dramatically more funky to look at than all-locations.  & the homescreen plugin would be a beauty!

That's good to hear. Please do keep us updated.

Thanks.

Guest tsutton
I too have had problems activating the product because the website is down. Foolishly I bought the full product from Handango (after running the trial) without checking that the website was current. I'm now waiting to hear from Handango about a refund.

In case you're not aware, their website is back up with new website design!