Pocket PC Techs offering 128MB iMate Jam upgrade

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Those crazy guys at Pocket PC Techs have done it again... they're offering an upgrade to 128MB upgrade for the HTC Magician aka iMate Jam aka MDA Compact aka XDA II Mini!

Details can be found here: http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Pr...=JAM-064-128RAM

Coming in at $199 (about 100 UK pounds), it may be worth doing if you can bear to be without your pride and joy while you send it away :)

Description: Upgrade your iMate JAM/XDA Mini series internal RAM from 64MB to 128MB with our upgrade service. During the upgrade process we remove the existing 64MB and install 128MB. This memory upgrade does NOT require our proprietary driver and is fully recognized by the OS (121.39MB Available). This unit uses low voltage hi-speed BGA memory, so stacking is not available and 128MB will be the maximum capacity.

I want... :(

P

• 2 weeks later...

So do you think in time to come that there will be a uk based company that will offer this,as im really interested in having this upgrade done,Do you think there will?

Guest Chaser81

64 MB does me for now. Only essential apps are in my main memory with other stuff on my Storage Card. I have tons of stuff on my Jam and still have 5MB Storage memory and 21MB program memory so I am not stressing.

Plus, I dont want to be without my Jam for weeks while the upgrade is performed!

64 MB does me for now. Only essential apps are in my main memory with other stuff on my Storage Card. I have tons of stuff on my Jam and still have 5MB Storage memory and 21MB program memory so I am not stressing.

Plus, I dont want to be without my Jam for weeks while the upgrade is performed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you have 21mb of free program memory,i have nothing installed to the main memory and have closed all apps and only have 10mb free and 9mb free of storage :?:

Guest Chaser81

How much storage memory have you got? I have 21MB program memory but only 8MB Storage memory. You might have lots of storage allocated, or you might have a lot of stuff saved to your internal memory (documents, videos and the like, not programs).

• 1 month later...
Guest hunyango_uk

i know i read something about upgrading htc magician/mda compact/xda mini/ imate jam into 128mb rom (not sure bout tjhe processor if it's 512mhz )

just don't know who's the carrier(i thought it was m500).

thanks paul, i knew i can rely on your posts.

Edited by hunyango_uk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.