- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tagman338

tagman338

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi, I was going to start a new contract on o2 the other day with an XDAII but i then read a magazine that said that a new XDA device is shortly coming out the XDA IIi (not the one with the keyboard).

What I wanted to ask was, is the IIi going to replace the II? and have you any idea what the price difference would be?

I can get the XDAII for £99 at the moment and wont really want to spend over £150-200 ish when the new IIi comes out.

So do you think the IIi will be much more expensive?

Thanks, Mat

Chaser81

Chaser81

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@@Chaser81
The XDA IIi is a new model designed to supplement the current XDA IIs. Its essentially the same except that it has a better (allegedly) camera and a 624Mhz processor instead of the 400Mhz version found in either the XDA II or the XDA IIs.

Its only a worthy choice if you need the extra processing power or better camera, otherwise the XDA IIs is a very good buy at the moment. I wouldnt go with the XDA II anymore, its old hat now.

Phone-ography:

Current: iPhone 4

Past: iPhone 3G, iPhone, HTC TyTn II, HTC Touch, Nokia N95, Motorola Z8, Qtek 8500, T-Mobile MDA Vario, SonyEricsson W900i, SPV C550, SonyEricsson K750i, Nokia 9300, I-Mate Jam, C500, Moto V600, SonyEricsson P900, P800, Treo 600, SPV e200, Nokia 1100, Nokia 6230, SonyEricsson K700i, T610, Nokia 7650, SonyEricsson T68, T29, Moto T250, Nokia 8310, Samsung A100, SPV Classic, Moto V50, Nokia 7110, Vodafone EuroTel

Stress is when you wake up screaming and then realise you havent fallen asleep yet!

rmg

rmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

The XDA IIi is a new model designed to supplement the current XDA IIs. Its essentially the same except that it has a better (allegedly) camera and a 624Mhz processor instead of the 400Mhz version found in either the XDA II or the XDA IIs.

Its only a worthy choice if you need the extra processing power or better camera, otherwise the XDA IIs is a very good buy at the moment. I wouldnt go with the XDA II anymore, its old hat now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The XDA IIi has a 520Mhz processor.

It also has more ROM

XDAIIs
Processor Type: Intel Xscale PXA263, 400MHz
128 MB SDRAM, 64 MB ROM
Slide down qwerty
VGA Camera 0.3MP
Supports image formats JPG, BMP
Supports video formats MPEG4, H.263, Motion-JPEG AVI
CMOS Chip: VGA (640 x 480 pixels)
Minimum scene illumination: 5 lux