Microsoft Windows Mobile 2005 Revealed

Guest beckett1

Guest Confucious

I got the spec from http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=I-MATE_JAM

it looks like it was wrong and s/be 58mm WIDE X 108mm TALL X 18.1mm DEEP

I think they missed a decimal point which does sort of change the way I look at it - mybe I should double check figures before I post them! :oops:

So it's not a lot larger than the C500 (I've not actually seen one) - it begins to make more sense now....

Edited by Confucious

My jam is in the post and will be here tomorrow :-D

expansys have just put the price up by £20 (£78.99, £36 a month contract)

so the people who got in first did well, i bet the price goes up again ;-)

*/me wanders off to buy GPS 1GB SD and a silicone case*

Guest chameleon

here's my 2 cents worth:

i got an SPV e200 and an XDA 2, well MS had business in mind when releasing WM2003 2nd Edition that will support only newer XDA 2i and NOT the previous XDA 2. UPGRADE WAS IMPOSSIBLE they said. The NEW WM2003SE was HARDWARE dependent and WOULD NOT RUN on older devices.

A lot of people DID NOT BELIEVE this and of course...IMAGE FILES cannot be KEPT forever so a couple went out and PRESTO, we had them running in our XDA 2 in no time.

morale: Dont get discourage right away...evidently they have to test their NEW software ON OLD hardware because the NEW hardware is still unavailable. SO FOR TEST ONLY versions EXIST supporting OLD hardwares. The only way we can UPGRADE and take advantage of this new software without buying the extravagant new hardware would be to locate the TEST IMAGE FILES. (.nbf)

and evidently, maybe c500, e200 and mpx can support this new software. the e100 though doesnt stand a chance.

currently were waiting for AVAILABILITY of WMP 10 for PPC (which by the way is already available from the image file but in chinese language - now how in the hell did they got first dibs on that?)

...hoping.

Edited by chameleon

Guest Confucious

So what you are saying Chameleon is that you are using unsupported, illegal software? Isn't that specifically forbidden by the rules of this forum?

Lots of things atre possible, you can run Windows XP with 64Mb of RAM for instance, but they are not supported and you are likely to have problems.

Guest Cybertronic

Nice to see a new version of Windows Smartphone in development :D

I hope that the future Windows Smartphones can high a higher resolution yet the same screen size for example if you look at the Sony Ericsson S700i, the screen is absolutely amazing for it's size, astonishing quality!

I've held both c500 and the I-mate JAM... and trust me!! the JAM is a tiny phone compared to a m2000. compared to a C500 though, it's just bigger! not a lot but the width is something you have to keep in mind when your buying it.

for instance. if you put your phone in to the pocket of your pants it'll feel like a brick!!

but if you keep your phone in your jacket... it won't be a problem.

Pigo

I've held both c500 and the I-mate JAM... and trust me!! the JAM is a tiny phone compared to a m2000. compared to a C500 though, it's just bigger! not a lot but the width is something you have to keep in mind when your buying it.

for instance. if you put your phone in to the pocket of your pants it'll feel like a brick!!

but if you keep your phone in your jacket... it won't be a problem.

Pigo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got one now, doesnt feel like a brick in my pocket but ive always found the thickness of a device is more important for pocketability this one is actually less noticeable than my MPX200