Frogpad keyboard

Guest yoos

• 1 month later...
Guest fraktal

found this a couple of weeks ago...it looks really cool but unfortunately I don't have the money to splash out on it :lol: I was thinking maybe I will do away with a proper keyboard entirely and use this with my desktop *and* my C500...then if anyone else wants to use my computer I will be able to watch the confused look on their face...

Something else that is amazingly cool and I would love o hear feedback from anyone who has obtained one is the new bluetooth headphones that are slowly appearing, for example http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5716.html or http://www.mrgadget.com.au/2004/09/blueant...headphones.html (although these have a mike). HP do some too but they are only iPaq compatible :(

Guest viciouspike

Hey Fraktal, I've already tried the Blueant headphones, but I returned them to the Telstra shop for a full refund and bought my girl some lovely jewellery for Christmas... (and it paid off :lol: )

Basically the blueant headphones were very expensive, but they were really comfortable (i like wrap around headphones) and the whole kit looked slick! I had a lot of fun setting up the UFO-like battery charger. So why did i return them?

Well, basically it was the whole audio over bluetooth that annoyed me. I bought them for wireless gaming (to go with my logitech diNivo setup), but I found that the audio quality was quite poor and lagged behind 4-8 seconds in games like HL2. However, for mobile handsfree and built-in mp3 player, I found that they worked quite well with my old T68i. They had 128mb built in memory for mp3s and could be controlled by the buttons on the side of the headphones, the cool thing was that the mp3s would pause when i recieved a call on my phone and i could answer and terminate calls easily with my phone on the other side of the room.

So all in all, a decent handsfree for those of us who want to listen to mp3s comfortably (though only 128mb worth) and answer calls doing exercise....but didn't perform well as wireless headphones for my pc.

Still waiting on my Frogpad btw...i'm looking forward to using it. I'm going to slowly train myself to retype on it by using it with my phone and then PC. I play piano, so hopefully that helps with the chords. I fear that it won't function too well with games...but we'll see.

• 1 month later...
Guest aenikata

I've briefly used a right-handed FrogPad, which my colleague bought - with a PC rather than a Smartphone. It's larger than you'd expect - so it takes a fairly large jacket pocket to hold it, but it is quite light.

It's also fairly comfortable to use. It takes a little while to get used to, but you quickly start to get used to the primary keys, and gradually start to learn the secondary keys - so while you're still on hunt-and-peck for some time, it's not as slow as someone using the same key-finding method on a qwerty keyboard.

All in all, I'd quite like to have one, but I haven't found it an essential item, in large part because of its price and its size. If money were no object, though, I'd get one - they are fairly effective - I'd probably like it more if it were about 20% smaller, though.