Where can I get a PPCPE on contract?

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Hi all,

Finally bit the bullet and asked Orange for my PAC number on my main account having finally realised there is no point having great service/products/prices when there's no signal at home! Must admit now that I'm leaving I'm worried about what horrors lurk at the other networks. :shock: :)

Anyway, the point of this post is to try and find out where the best deals to be had on new Pocket PC Phone Edition's are. It has to be on a network other then Orange but aside from that I'm not too fussed. Must admit I can't spend much so as low a price for the handset/tariff as possible.

Anyone?

Edited by Pondrew

Hi all,

Finally bit the bullet and asked Orange for my PAC number on my main account having finally realised there is no point having great service/products/prices when there's no signal at home! Must admit now that I'm leaving I'm worried about what horrors lurk at the other networks. :shock:  :) 

Anyway, the point of this post is to try and find out where the best deals to be had on new Pocket PC Phone Edition's are. It has to be on a network other then Orange but aside from that I'm not too fussed. Must admit I can't spend much so as low a price for the handset/tariff as possible.

Anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imate Jam @ expansys http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=117328

£78 but only £21 for the first three months then £36 after that--good deal if you ask me

Guest Pondrew

But does that monthly charge include data?

And I thought the call charges were a bit high myself...

Does anyone know if the MDA III is available yet? Most sites don't list it. I've found it in one place on a good deal but don't like the tariff description. 200 minutes INCLUDING xnet minutes. What does that mean?!

Guest Chaser81

Its perhaps not very well explained on the site you are looking at, but when they say 200 mins XNet included that means 200 XNET minutes. Most networks these days include XNET minutes as standard, and if you are looking at the Expansys deal on the £36 a month thingy, that is Vodafone's Anytime 200 tariff which includes 200 XNET, anytime minutes.

Guest Pondrew
Its perhaps not very well explained on the site you are looking at, but when they say 200 mins XNet included that means 200 XNET minutes. Most networks these days include XNET minutes as standard, and if you are looking at the Expansys deal on the £36 a month thingy, that is Vodafone's Anytime 200 tariff which includes 200 XNET, anytime minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that so for T-Mobile's Relax tariff too? Because that's the one that says 200 minutes including cross network.

Think I've ruled out the I-mate Jam as it's a little too expensive (given I'm skint and want a device almost free!), lacks wifi, and (I may be alone on this one) isn't the most stylish design I've ever seen (I'll probably get flamed for saying it!).

I was looking at the SPV M2000, MDA III, and XDA2 side by side yesterday and I think the M2000/MDA III looks nice and certainly wasn't as big as I expected. Tempted by an offer on Onestopphoneshop for the MDA III but not sure I can afford that.

After all this I may just unlock the C500 that's arriving next week and get the best cheap line rental deal I can (and flog the cheap phone that comes with it of course!).

But that MDA III I held yesterday is SO tempting.

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Chaser81

Yes thats for Relax 200 as well. In fact, the best deal you could get would be Relax 200 on an 18 month contract, because as well as the cheaper line rental (on 18 months, its £29 a month instead of £32), you would get half price line rental for six months as well as 200 free SMS messages for the first six months as well!! Plus, you can still do a handset upgrade after 12 months.

As for the Imate Jam, I guess its personal taste with regards to the design. I love it to bits, but I guess I could see how it wouldnt be to everyone's taste. The M2000 though, thats a NICE phone. Go on... Give in to your feelings.... Take the M2000.... You know you want to!!

Guest Pondrew
Plus, you can still do a handset upgrade after 12 months.

You can still upgrade after 12months?! I assumed the 18months meant no upgrades before the end of the contract...

Guest Chaser81

No you can still upgrade after 12 months as long as you dont mind re-committing to a new agreement. They would have to do this as mobile phones only carry a 12 month manufacturer's warranty and if your phone messed up outside that but before the end of your 18 month agreement you would be stuffed.

Guest Pondrew

Delighted to hear it but onestopphoneshop have already burst my bubble by (predictably enough) emailing to advise they're out of stock, don't know when it'll be in, but that they'll let me know when they do.

It's like Orange all over again except I don't get all the good stuff (spare 1400m battery, etc) or the decent GPRS tariffs :D