4 replies to this topic

badboy4life

badboy4life

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Hi Paul,

I've been away from the forum for a while and have come back to about 150 pages worth of new posts. I was wondering if there is an option to only have selected forum areas appear?

E.G Posts only from Main, Help and Advice, E200 and Off-Topic.

A man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Not really i'm afraid, advanced search might be able to do something useful for u...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Jasonkruys

Jasonkruys

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Devices:M5000
I was wondering that. Since the two sites merged (pocket pc phone edition/smartphone) , my new posts have doubled, where previously only new smartphone posts were shown. Hmmm.

Motorola Tristar > Nokia 8210 > Nokia 8310 > SPV > SPV E100 > C500 > M5000 > Diamond/Victor > Leo/HD2

badboy4life

badboy4life

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I've tried having a play with the advanced search and the problem is that you have to enter a keyword. I don't know if there is a wildcard or something that will find all words. I can't think of a word that is at least four characters which will exist in all posts.

O and Paul I found an problem with the smillies, the ? and the confused looking one next to it are both : ? :

Edited by badboy4life, 09 January 2005 - 04:31 PM.

A man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed

Matt Kirby

Matt Kirby

Gadget Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets & technology
  • Devices:Touch HD

Hi Paul,

I've been away from the forum for a while and have come back to about 150 pages worth of new posts. I was wondering if there is an option to only have selected forum areas appear?

E.G Posts only from Main, Help and Advice, E200 and Off-Topic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could try using the "forum subscription" option.

Go to each forum you want to track (eg, Smartphone Main), and click "Subscribe to this forum" (next to "Mark this forum as read").

Once you have done this in all the forums that you are interested in, click on "My MoDaCo" (near top of every page), then click on "View Forums" in the "Subscription" panel on the left hand side (its between "Messenger" and "Personal Profile")

This will then only show the forums that you have selected. Bookmark this page, and you will then have one-click access to only the forums on MoDaCo that you are interested in.

Hope that helps!

The internet is a series of toobs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users