squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones
What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?
The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.

How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.ora...pv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

Regards
Ian

pungas

pungas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:spv e100

What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?
The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.
Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.
How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.ora...pv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock
Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there any other way

simplyteenage

simplyteenage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500

is there any other way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i fought that but it has seemed to work perfectly ok 4 me! :D

every one want to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
no theres no other way!

its fairly simple, just follow one step at a time

Regards
Ian

gpcarreon (MVP)

gpcarreon (MVP)

RN, MS MVP-MD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Devices:Cherry Mobile Eclipse
Worked for me as well but only via direct GPRS access of the orange site. My C500 won't connect via passthrough though I was able to do this before on my SAP.

I tried it thrice on my C500. First two attempts were unsuccessful but the last one, I only provided phone number and IMEI then after a couple of seconds, the confirmation window (in English and French) popped. Now, phone is app-unlocked. :D

Will it cost me thousands of pesos for the data bill? I hope not. :D

2425a96d204b681be05922b8a6b210c80f03f237

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Did it 3 times. Received the confirmation that security has been disabled 3 times. Yet, I'm unable to run a program (securityOFF by metropical). It gives me the "...program cannot start because it is not digitally signed..." error message. Or is there another way to change the RAPI mode in order to change the date settings in the registry?

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
What is "securityOFF by metropical" ?
Are you sure this is for Windows Smartphones ?
Can you give a link please ?

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
It's what is needed to access hidden files/folders with your registry editor, or, in this case, with Smartione

http://metropical.fr...php?showtopic=6

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Ok, I finally received the security disable file directly from Orange. Ran it on my phone, received the confirmation that my phone is "security disabled". Yet, I can't access some of the files via my registry editor? Why is that?

All I want to do is change my long date settings in HKLM/nls/overrides/SLDte but that value/key is simply not showing up?

Any ideas?

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
Doesnt sound like a restriction that the application secutiry would cause...

The application lock stops you editing things in the registery, it doesnt stop you viewing them per say

Regards
Ian

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Understood. But so why, even after security disabling, I'm unable to see, let alone change parts of my registry?

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
i dont know. maybe there are no keys in that part of the registery, or maybe they are hidden.

Regards
Ian

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
One more question, sorry. So is there a way to unhide files in the registry?

Thanks, much.

lewk

lewk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm considering doing this to my phone, but the one question I have, which i cannot find anywhere, is does unocking your phone affect warranty? I've had my phone a couple of months and its insured, and i'm not entirely sure what the warranty is anyway. Can someone enlighten me?

krung

krung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPV c500
I have an SPV c500 but Orange doesn't have my EMEI in their database. All the rest was working fine. I even installed the reg-utility they have. I wrote to the support, but i think there is not much i can do. Is it because it is a c500, which isn't mentioned in the list of phones?

Has anyone had the same problem of not being in their database and still been able to disable the certificate security?

Regarding not being able to surf via the "connect through", while being cradled, i had the samme issue, until i changed the internet connection propperty from automatic to "pass through" under Settings -> Data connections, where i set the "internet connection" to "Pass throuhg connection".

xelar

xelar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
It works fine with the C500, even though it's not listed. However, it took me several (meaning at least 10 over the air and 10 using the utility Orange emailed me) until it was finally unlocked. I don't know which method finally worked, but it's done. So my advise is: keep on trying.

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

I have an SPV c500 but Orange doesn't have my EMEI in their database. All the rest was working fine. I even installed the reg-utility they have. I wrote to the support, but i think there is not much i can do. Is it because it is a c500, which isn't mentioned in the list of phones?

Has anyone had the same problem of not being in their database and still been able to disable the certificate security?

Regarding not being able to surf via the "connect through", while being cradled, i had the samme issue, until i changed the internet connection propperty from automatic to "pass through" under Settings -> Data connections, where i set the "internet connection" to "Pass throuhg connection".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

support can write a custom unlock util for you even though the c500 is not listed on the site. Just need to wait for them to reply and all should be well :D

Regards
Ian

mdecember

mdecember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SPV
Hi !!

I was able to unlock my Orange SPV using this method and was sucessful at that.

Also I upgraded the ROM to v1.6 from Orange Site (which had no reference whatsoever) and also a ROM Patcher that Patched the .NB ( I think) file during ROM upgrade and now I can run any software on my Orange(if you lease) SPV.

Thanx to ya.

scottishdave

scottishdave

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I have a similar problem as Krung exepct I originally had my phone unlocked and they did have my IMEI after a reset I needed to do it again. Except this time they don't have my IMEI on record.

What's going on?

Life is a question of wanting what you have not having what you want.

nicktids

nicktids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:C500
Just got orange to send me the unlocking tool and runs great can unlock it to both low security which they tell me

corresponds to the security set by the web-based Certificate Security Disabling procedure (formerly called Unlocking)

and Security Disabled is there any difference between the 2 as i'm new to this whole smartphone scene and still learning what i can do with the phone now its unlocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users