• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

xspyda

xspyda

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Can any one tell me what address I should email to get hold of the unlocking app please? Do they respond fairly quickly? Ie - same day?

Cheers.

nicktids

nicktids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:C500

1. Your handset has connected to the Internet at least once
Connection to the Internet enables us to automatically register your handset's details, so that your handset is identified prior to changing its Certificate Security.

If this is not the case, please make an Internet connection now.

2. You have connected to the Internet and you still cannot unlock
You will need to download a short Registry application, which will initiate full registration of your handset.

Click here for Registry application.

3. You have submitted a Registry application and you still cannot unlock
Occasionally this error occurs. In this instance you can contact Orange support services direct via the link below and we will ensure that your problem is rectified.

To enable us to help you efficiently please include the following details in your email to us:
  Full name 
  Name of Organisation (if applicable)
  The Mobile Number of the SPV to be unlocked
  Daytime Contact Number
  Daytime email address
  Whether you downloaded the Registry application from this page
  [email protected]

straight from the orange site when it says its failed to register you obviously didn't read it

carmel

carmel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

straight from the orange site when it says its failed to register you obviously didn't read it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

be sure to state the imei no of your phone. The link doesnt request it , but Orange developers do. I had a reply within hours of emailing them, and phone unlocked as if by magic!

Rapier

Rapier

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire S

Can any one tell me what address I should email to get hold of the unlocking app please? Do they respond fairly quickly? Ie - same day?

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi xspyda,

If your problem is not solved yet, here it is the mail address to use :

[email protected]

This is the address to which I wrote my details (phone no, name, e-mail). I got a reply in couple of hours asking for my IMEI. I send that one and I got the application next day in my mailbox. It's pretty simple, it's only asking you to select the security level on the phone (three options available: low security, disabled security and enabled security) and pressing "change" button. It is great that you can use it any time and you are not dependant on the Orange developers site or the internet connection.

Hope it helped

Don't force it ... take a bigger hammer

Dancorp

Dancorp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

I got the application next day in my mailbox.

Can u send me this application ?
Thanks in advance

Edited by Dancorp, 02 September 2008 - 02:21 PM.

gpcarreon (MVP)

gpcarreon (MVP)

RN, MS MVP-MD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Devices:Cherry Mobile Eclipse

Can u send me this application ?
Thanks in advance

[email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dancorp

The unlock utility is IMEI specific. You can send an email request to Orange for that.

The address is: [email protected] :D

2425a96d204b681be05922b8a6b210c80f03f237

supergeek

supergeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:QTek 8310
Just tried the OTA unlock, seems to be working again.

Who knows how long it'll stay up tho :?:

skalke

skalke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:SPV E200

What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?
The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.
Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.
How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.ora...pv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock
Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a SPV E200 i am from Denmark and having a Danish phone. It work fine for me to. Thx for that.

regards Skalke

C600Madness

C600Madness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Orange E650
I'm having real problems application unlocking my C600, maybe because it's so new?

The IMEI doesnt appear to be registered at Orange for some reason. The register app on that Dev site doesnt work.

I tried sending an email to [email protected] but that address no longer exists. After looking at this page I forwarded the email to [email protected] I hope someone gets it!

:rolleyes:

Been trying to call Orange to get my IMEI registered but the phones are either always busy or their computers are down so they can't do anything!!! Orange has been crud ever since they started offering broadband - BAH. <_<

C600Madness

C600Madness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Orange E650
When you click to run the Action Register app it just shuts really quickly so you dont have a chance to enter in any numbers etc. You can briefly see a black screen showing info.

Bah.

Surb

Surb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone help me im very confused, i wanted to sim unlock my SPV C500, it said that i had to application unlock my phone b4 i can sim unlock it. So i read through the stages in this article on how to application unlock, i get a page saying default on the other website, and i dnt really know ho to connect through passthough the settings on the phone are connect through passthrough and it is connected via usb but all i get when i connect to the internet is "orange world" "You've entered an address for Orange World which will only work on an orange phone???" what does that mean?

GeoffW

GeoffW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPV E200

Just got orange to send me the unlocking tool and runs great can unlock it to both low security which they tell me
and Security Disabled is there any difference between the 2 as i'm new to this whole smartphone scene and still learning what i can do with the phone now its unlocked.

I am trying to unlock my SPV E200 and cannot get it to work via the online orange method! I have tried it via my PC and also using the phone to connect to the website via GPRS and do it that way.

Where can i get this unlocking tool for the phone?

Regards

Geoff Warnock

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
Hi Geoff
Welcome to the forum :)

It is not uncommon for the procedure to take repeated goes before you receive the confirmation. You might also want to look at this alternative :
http://www.modaco.co...ne-t206929.html

The official Orange site changed address, did you use this one ?
http://developer.ora...spv/comdef.aspx

colinfisher

colinfisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
can u help my unlock a mpx200 on orange cheers colin

What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?
The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.
How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

Then click proceed

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650

can u help my unlock a mpx200 on orange cheers colin

Have a read of this thread :
http://www.modaco.co...=...3&hl=unlock
:)

AZdonna04

AZdonna04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Unlocking Code For Omnia i910:
I am trying to get a code to unlock an Omnia i910 to work on a different carrier. All the websites ask for a 15-17 digit IMEI number but the only code inside my phone is a 14 digit ESN number. Instructions on these sites also state that you can dial *#06# and this number will appear but all I get is a voice recording from Verizon saying “please hold while your call is transferred to an external operator”. Can someone help? I am in the USA with Alltel and this is a Verizon phone; thank you!

What its for

Is it safe?

How to:

Then click proceed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users