Paul's Day Job

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

As stated previously, this is not the policy for you then.

For my brother in law for example, he only really drives his car in the day, when he goes down the pub at night he always walks there as it is near enough, else he gets a taxi.

Hence, for him, this is ideal. :D It's not about punishing people, it's about a new policy for a limited amount of people where they can reduce their premiums.

P

,Jan 14 2005, 15:34]Hence, for him, this is ideal. :D It's not about punishing people, it's about a new policy for a limited amount of people where they can reduce their premiums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe thats not your intention, but don't you find it a bit unlikely that a company would invest money in a system that would reduce their costumers' premiums?? ... As much as I would like to believe that the evil empire of insurance companies that has conspired to pump every last cent out of young and defenceless drivers have finally turned away from the dark side, I must say I find it to be a bit to optimistic...

Although I must say that this sounds good in theory, but I keep coming back to the fact that premiums should be based on damages... Basing bills on the statisticly likelyhood of an accident is simply unfair to the individuel driver! Why not just read it in a fortune cookie???

Guest Confucious
Basing bills on the statisticly likelyhood of an accident is simply unfair to the individuel driver! Why not just read it in a fortune cookie???

How do you think insurance premiums are calculated? The more accurate the stats the more the premiums can be taylored which is why I pay less than a 17 year old. :D

Guest ian_dazookeeper
ian_dazookeeper, you did notice that it was only 18-20 years old and OPTIONAL?
yes i did notice this hence why i said its a very bad idea for me.

Chill mate, no ones gonna make you use this scheme, it's a trial and even if it was succesful I doubt many insurance companies will take it on in the immediate future

immediate future you say, mean yes it could possibly happen one day. which is not what i would want to happen for others in my simular situation

you know it seems to me NU are listening to there customers and offering more choice and more policys to customers. Its pretty silly for everyone to argue because you dont like one of the new options....

lets just all chill!