QTek ROM Update Available

Guest namiran

Guest xandercom
Yeah.. i had that. You need to use the unlock v3 from florin_m (not v2) and do a hard reset after.

ps. you can use v3 even if you've done v2 already (you don't have to pay again just log into the members area on florin_m's site with your imei number)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

???

u talkin to me?

Guest dc_demand

I tried to run this update on my I-mate SP3 > no luck. You get a 'invalid vendor id' error msg. Thankfully, it didn't screw the phone up though!

And: I was told as well that the update for the I-mate SP3, including wmp10, would be released at the end of januari. But that was somehwere at the beginning of december ( about a week after they told me it would be released in 'december').

So don't get your hopes up just yet... (even though I am ;-)

Roderick

I am a bit puzzled by the lack of interest in this thread, so I have decided to give the Qtek update a go myself, even though I have an Orange SPV C500.

In case anybody is interested, here's a few numbers.

Windows Mobile 2003

Second Edition

Version 4.21.1088 (Build 14217) -Qtek: 14132 (Notice: Qtek is lower!)

Radio Version

1337.0.32_0.03.18 -Qtek: same

ROM update versions:

Manufacturer: 1.1.1.91 -Qtek: 1.1.131.155

Microsoft: 4.21.14217.0 -Qtek: 4.21.14132.0

Language: 1.1.1.91 -Qtek: 1.1.131.155

File System: 4.21.14217.0 -Qtek: 4.21.14132.

-UPDATER-

Model ID: SPV C500

Image Version: 4.1.1.4

To:

Model ID: Qtek 8010

Image Version: 1.4.32.11

As we already know, the Media Player is still v9, but MMS is heavily updated. Adding video or your own sound recording is a breeze. The MMS app actually looks finished now, compared to the usual alpha look. You have Templates, pages + more and a nice overview now. This was enough to make me keep the Qtek ROM, if only T9 had a Danish dictionary... :D

Supported T9 languages are:

English (duh!)

Czech

Hungarian

Swedish

Norwegian

Portuguese

The Orange Developer decertification program doen't work with the Qtek ROM, but that's no problem. The SDA unlocker worked just fine.

Betaplayer runs nice with the Gapi option on, so no problem here either.

I am not a huge game fan, so I don't know exactly how to test for the multi press problem. But I installed xBar 2.4 and tried the 'Shift' function and that was a no-go, so I guess this still is a problem... (?)

Edited by spvdk

Guest xandercom
I am a bit puzzled by the lack of interest in this thread, so I have decided to give the Qtek update a go myself, even though I have an Orange SPV C500.

Windows Mobile 2003

Second Edition

Radio Version

ROM update versions:

-UPDATER-

To:

As we already know, the Media Player is still v9, but MMS is heavily updated. Adding video or your own sound recording is a breeze. The MMS app actually looks finished now, compared to the usual alpha look. You have Templates, pages + more and a nice overview now. This was enough to make me keep the Qtek ROM, if only T9 had a Danish dictionary... :D

English (duh!)

Czech

Hungarian

Swedish

Norwegian

Portuguese

The Orange Developer decertification program doen't work with the Qtek ROM, but that's no problem. The SDA unlocker worked just fine.

I am not a huge game fan, so I don't know exactly how to test for the multi press problem. But I installed xBar 2.4 and tried the 'Shift' function and that was a no-go, so I guess this still is a problem... (?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WELL MATE.....

I have the same phone and tried the update, and like many other people it didnt work. Orange SPVC500.

The sim wont accept and shortly after that a message is displayed that says "Software Crashes"(plural). the phone just locks up then. I had to re flash back to the orange ROM.

Big waste of time realy!!! All i gained was a few hours of having to install my software and settings again.

WELL MATE.....

I have the same phone and tried the update, and like many other people it didnt work. Orange SPVC500.

The sim wont accept and shortly after that a message is displayed that says "Software Crashes"(plural). the phone just locks up then. I had to re flash back to the orange ROM.

Big waste of time realy!!! All i gained was a few hours of having to install my software and settings again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you try re-SIMunlocking as suggested above? I did, and it worked fine for me.

Unfortunately Sprite Backup is crap, so I too spent several hours getting my C500 back up running the Orange ROM...

Guest dearsina

I just installed the Qtek upgrade on a C500. The phone in question was brand new, bought from the modaco shop in December. I did as mentioned above, unlocked it from www.imei-check.co.uk and then ran the file and experienced no problems at all.

The only differences I can see right away — just browsing thru the menus — are something called Pocket MSN, and the little icon of CallerID can be seen in the upper right corner all the time (except the home screen).

In case you are wondering why I "upgraded" the phone, there is one little thing that might interest a few other people too. Have a look at the list of languages supported:

English

Czech

Hungarian

Swedish

Norwegian

Portuguese

Pretty sweet stuff. I have been waiting for a norwegian ROM since the first SPV, and here it is. I will try to see if I can extract the DLLs and put them into my other C500 and use Zimmerman's software to fetch them. That would be even sweeter. :-)

sina

london

Guest xandercom
Did you try re-SIMunlocking as suggested above? I did, and it worked fine for me.

Unfortunately Sprite Backup is crap, so I too spent several hours getting my C500 back up running the Orange ROM...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No i didnt retry sim unlocking as No. 1 It simply displayed "software crashes" after a few seconds, and No.2 My phone came sim unlocked so I would have to pay £20 for an unlock no?

Did you buy your phone brand new, or have a previous owner unlocked it? If it has never been locked, then something else must be causing your problem. If it has been unlocked, then most likely this is the reason and it should be fixed by redoing the unlock. But of course I can't guarantee anything...

Edited by spvdk

Guest BennyBoy

Have any of you with the update problems listed above tried the upgrade process with the phone in bootloader mode?? This process always worked a treat on the older smartphones. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest joeyfrka

hi laddie

do you have a link to that upgrade? 2003 second edition

Windows Mobile 2003

Second Edition

Radio Version

ROM update versions:

-UPDATER-

To:

As we already know, the Media Player is still v9, but MMS is heavily updated. Adding video or your own sound recording is a breeze. The MMS app actually looks finished now, compared to the usual alpha look. You have Templates, pages + more and a nice overview now. This was enough to make me keep the Qtek ROM, if only T9 had a Danish dictionary... :lol:

English (duh!)

Czech

Hungarian

Swedish

Norwegian

Portuguese

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi laddie

do you have a link to that upgrade? 2003 second edition

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one?

There are links to everything in this forum, if you search around a bit...

Guest joeyfrka
Which one?

There are links to everything in this forum, if you search around a bit...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am trying to upgrade from smartphone 2003 to smartphone 2003 second edition on my qtek 8080 if that is possible at all

• 1 month later...
Guest Tranzy

I'm getting my SPV C500 (Dutch) this week and it will have an Orange Simlock.

I've been reading this forum and it seems i need to have my device unlocked here ( http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ ) ... After this will i still have all the orange stuff on it ?? Or do i have to do the Qtek 8010 Rom update to get the Orange stuff out of the phone? .. I want to have a clean no-orange branded-smartphone.

Edited by Tranzy

• 8 months later...
Guest billybobflash
:cry:

:cry:

Hello impossible to find it!!!!!!

do you have it because i am locked with orange

thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish you luck in having any response... from anyone :)

I can't find it either!!! :oops:

I'd use the Imate Rom but cant find it.... :?:

I'd use the Orange Rom but NObody on this site can answer a few questions I posted in 3 different ways in 2 different spots :oops: :evil:

So... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by billybobflash

Guest PHIL3573

:shock:

I wish you luck in having any response... from anyone  :)

I can't find it either!!!  :oops:

I'd use the Imate Rom but cant find it.... :?:

I'd use the Orange Rom but NObody on this site can answer a few questions I posted in 3 different ways in 2 different spots :oops:  :evil:

So... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock: :shock:

MY SPV WILL BECOME A GREAT PRESS BOOK SO

:roll:

• 8 months later...