Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

I tried to build a cab for this all, but got error:

Cabwiz.exe  could not be invoked

Whats wrong ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to use CabwizSP for smartphone builds. It's part of the WM2003 SDK.

I use it like this from a batch file/command line:

"C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\SMARTPHONE 2003\Tools\cabwizsp.exe" "D:\Data\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\****PROGRAM HERE***\obj\Debug\***PROGRAM INF HERE***.inf" /dest "D:\Data\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\****PROGRAM HERE***\obj\Debug" /err CabWiz.SMP.log /cpu ARMV4

Garth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTAutoSync WM5.0 [Bluetooth AutoSync] for Windows Mobile 5.0! - Schedule automatic AcitiveSync over Bluetooth

www.psychoman.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Found this out also, but in batch file there isd a complete different path for cabwiz.

How to tell VSNet the right path, didnt found out it.

To lazy to type in batch.

Hey, but now a can copy and past from ur post!

But there is also the new pass to set in the inf file at several places.

But how to set the right path in VS , so that i must not do all that changes in the bat and inf file ?

Edited by dieter98, 31 January 2005 - 07:50 AM.

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Thx for your reply ! :D

well i can't get Backlight.exe to work with my SPV C500, you say that you have to install opencf.net, but how to ?

I have download SmartDeviceFramework12 here at http://www.opennetcf...x?category=Home

But i can get it to works with my windows sp2, it says Microsoft visual studio.net 2003 with the compact framework is required ...

Anyway thx dieter98 and gaplayer26 for the aswers !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here is a simple verion without opnnet, plz try it.

Attached Files

robertperalta

robertperalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi All,

Can someone please make a .cab file for this. I would like to try it on my Audiovox SMT5600? Thanks!

8)

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi All,

Can someone please make a .cab file for this. I would like to try it on my Audiovox SMT5600? Thanks!
8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You dont need a cab for the last file, just copy in Storage folder and start it.

robertperalta

robertperalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Thanks dieter98,

I copied the BackLite.exe to my Smartphone and even created a speed dial for it. However, the backlite does not turn off and on. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Thanks dieter98,

I copied the BackLite.exe to my Smartphone and even created a speed dial for it. However, the backlite does not turn off and on. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which version you have, the with opnnet or the smaller without.

the smaller set displaylite to half, after defined time for normal backlite after a keypress is over.
if you set timeout for backlite after keypresses on never, my app cant work.

robertperalta

robertperalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi dieter98,

I used the one from your post (see below). Please let me know what to do. Thanks again.
--------------------------------------------------------

Attached File(s)
BackLite.exe ( 8.82k )

:lol:

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi dieter98,

I used the one from your post (see below). Please let me know what to do. Thanks again.

Attached File(s)
BackLite.exe ( 8.82k )

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is ur setting for bacvklight timeout ?

robertperalta

robertperalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Backlight time out: 60 seconds (right now)

I tried 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, ad Never, none of them working. Thanks!

Robert

dieter98

dieter98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Backlight time out: 60 seconds (right now)

I tried 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, ad Never, none of them working. Thanks!

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybee on this phone it doesnt work, I tested on SDA and imate sp3.

Leaskovski

Leaskovski

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Here is the code I played around with.
Maybee it looks a little bit confused, but was only for testing and I took the relevant things from it in another app.

Try to improve it or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, i am new to smartphone programming so be gentle.

Ive install the OpenNetCf frame work and i have VS.Net 2003 (My full time job is programming so we get this as part of some sort of subscription from MS. Im a foxpro man). I have tried to open the project up, but VS.Net tells me to go away. It says, unable to read the project file .

Could you give me some tips on why this isn't opening? Is there something that i need to install into VS.Net from the DVD?

Cheers

gaplayer26

gaplayer26

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi, i am new to smartphone programming so be gentle.

Ive install the OpenNetCf frame work and i have VS.Net 2003 (My full time job is programming so we get this as part of some sort of subscription from MS.  Im a foxpro man).  I have tried to open the project up, but VS.Net tells me to go away.  It says, unable to read the project file .

Could you give me some tips on why this isn't opening?  Is there something that i need to install into VS.Net from the DVD?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you installed the Smartphone 2003 SDK? It's available from Microsoft - you'll need this in addition to VS2003 and the OPENNetCF.org libraries....

HTH

G

Garth

BTAutoSync WM5.0 [Bluetooth AutoSync] for Windows Mobile 5.0! - Schedule automatic AcitiveSync over Bluetooth

www.psychoman.co.uk

Leaskovski

Leaskovski

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Have you installed the Smartphone 2003 SDK?  It's available from Microsoft - you'll need this in addition to  VS2003 and the OPENNetCF.org libraries....

HTH

G

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yes that could help! :roll:

Leaskovski

Leaskovski

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Hmm, spoke to soon. I noticed that when i have tried to run a sample app smart device app using an emulator, the device drivers cannot install thus when i try and install this sdk.... failed as the smartphone emulator cannot be installed!!!

Grr, blooming MS pile of....

Oh and yes, i have a network connect/admin rights/active sync installed yada yada yada

Edited by Leaskovski, 10 March 2005 - 05:57 PM.

emilioarts

emilioarts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SYMBOL
  • Twitter:@JOOHN
i downloaded and installed the framework and when i try ur program it says 'Core' is not a member of 'Win32' ?

Edited by emilioarts, 13 October 2009 - 06:03 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users