Essential Apps for XDA2s?

Guest Beef_UK

Guest Beef_UK

My XDA2s is now on it's way. Just wondering if there are any essential apps anybody has come across.

Many Thanks

Edited by Beef_UK

My XDA2s is now on it's way. Just wondering if there are any essential apps anybody has come across.

Many Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've had mind just over 2 weeks, and so far I've installed

bluetooth patches (you WILL need it, the image build is 1900, current live is 3500! loads of places available for download on forums, but if you have trouble, send me a message)

Resco File Explorer - this is a file AND registry explorer, have so far found a couple of things I've needed to change in the registry, one being the start menu colour when I applied a nicer today theme from microsoft pocket pc downloads! By the sounds of some of the guys on the various forums, it can be handy to have a registry editor. This one was recommended to me, and I'm currently on a 14 day trial of it.

NetFront3.1 - this is a web browser, alternative to pocket IE, seems to have more functionality and also allows open in new window (which you will want after any amount of time browsing on your XDA) This is also still in a free trial (60 days) from www.handango.com, although it states that it isnt compatible with PocketPC 2003 Second Edition, it does run OK, but I've been warned to not try and load the application in Landscape via, but to load in portrait then switch to landscape(apparently it doesnt render properly if you do it the other way). Slight annoying features being that if you're using transcriber, it still takes out the same amount of screen space as the onscreen keyboard would, and I have once or twice had to kill it as it just got stuck trying to download web pages. But on the whole not terrible. I might wait to see if they bring out one that THEY say is compatible before I fork out the $28 for it.

So that's my experience so far, not much, but worth sharing I thought

2 weeks in it's been fun so far! (My husband now has Gadget envy as he's stuck in contract atm with an SPV e200!! LOL!)

Enjoy!

Sazoo

Edited by sazoo