Since NO ONE has yet written an easy step by step instructions on how to do this, i figure i might as well share my findings to save you some trouble.
0. Connect MPx220 to your computer
1. Copy the font file "mingliu.ttc" from your computer (eg. C:\WINDOWS\Fonts) to MPx220's /Storage/windows/Fonts folder.
2. Download and Extract the .zip file into C:\temp
3. Open a DOS prompt in C:\temp
4. type: RapiConfig.exe /p TraditionalChinese.xml
5. reboot MPx220
For Simplified Chinese - Use "simsun.ttc" and SimplifiedChinese.xml instead
I am able to read Chinese characters in Contact List, Text Messages, E-mail, Calendar, File Manager, Windows Media and ring tones, etc.
The Chinese fonts are quite "ugly" at the normal small size, you might want to change the System font size in the Accessibility options to Large to have a not so jagged looking font.
Credits goes to the following OP for providing good info for me figure this out
Edited by ghettoboy, 16 January 2005 - 11:10 PM.