• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

hjimmy

hjimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Thank You,

But "why" this file, it's size is almost 23M ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You probably don't know how many words we have in Asian language... PMingLiU is 8 megabytes and have about only 13,000 words (maybe it's more than that). Traditional Chinese fonts w/ 13,000 words range from 7~15 megabytes. Imaging having Japanese, Korean, and all rest of the languages in the world together, 22MB isn't that bad.

For more information, or if your'e interested, go here
http://www.unicode.org

larry

larry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MPX220

PM me your e-mail i'll send anyone who need msming.ttf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello hjimmy, great posting. It seem that msming.ttf is good for the traditional Chinese, do you know where I can get the equivalent simplified version? thanks Larry

hunmin

hunmin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

i actually prefer msming to mingliu and the file size is also smaller. the problem is after installing msming now i cannot delete \Storage\windows\Fonts\mingliu.ttc - access is denied. any clues?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In order to remove the *.ttf files, you will have to delete FontLinks or FontPath from your registry first. The best method is to delete it, because you will have to reboot first, before you can remove those files.

I suggest you use Resco Registry editor or any regedit support exporting and importing registry settings, to avoid typing the FontLinks and FontPath over and over again.

larry

larry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Remember (PHM Registry Editor) keep QUIT unexpectedly,Here the answer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/LowMem hit Values select ProgramMem, Value data:80 and that all to it.  Remember to reboot your phone!

hjimmy! can you also send me msming.ttf file. Thanks! 
Check PM  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am really new to this, what is this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/LowMem", how do I do it? any help will be greatly appreciated.

copius

copius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:mpx220

I am really new to this, what is this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/LowMem", how do I do it? any help will be greatly appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to use a registry editor for the phone. There are several that you can install on the phone and use. I only know of one for the desktop that you can use as your phone is sync'd to the computer. That program is called Smartione

hunmin

hunmin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

You need to use a registry editor for the phone. There are several that you can install on the phone and use. I only know of one for the desktop that you can use as your phone is sync'd to the computer. That program is called Smartione

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recommend Resco Explorer 2003, you can import and export your registry when you not next to your computer.

larry

larry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I recommend Resco Explorer 2003, you can import and export your registry when you not next to your computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Hunmin and copius, just want to say thanks for your response.

Larry

Cpt.Amazing

Cpt.Amazing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I successfully installed the Simsun font on my MPX220. Looks a little ugly and no way to text in chinese. But reads Simplified Chinese text well.

My question is...how do I change it back to the original font?

Thanks!

zzzppp

zzzppp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:smt5600
I got it work! thanks OP!

fishballnice

fishballnice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx200
can send me the msming.ttf file to me.

i need it badly

>>>> [email protected]

neo17

neo17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Does this fix work with the new 3.46 Asian ROM as well so that it can display traditional Chinese?

Monkii

Monkii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPx200 (AT&T)
Thanks for the guide!

I started a post that tries to collect information on what chinese font are people using, along with some comments(if they are willing to share their experience). Have a visit and share your views/experiences if you are willing!

http://www.modaco.co...0l-t223991.html

Nokia 6160(TDMA)->Nokia 8260(TDMA)->SE T68i(GSM)->SE T630(GSM)->MPx200(GSM)
HAPPY->HAPPIER->MORE HAPPIER->VERY HAPPY->SUPER HAPPY

CuteQ

CuteQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q

PM me your e-mail i'll send anyone who need msming.ttf

Could I have a share of the Msming.ttf font please? thank you!

[email protected]

jpavngkg

jpavngkg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8020
I desparate need msming.ttf. Can somebody e-mail it to me? Thanks 1 lot, Kitty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users