Windows Mobile Futures details removed

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pondrew
Huhh???

What I miss?? What did nasty microsoft ask you guys to take down?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, the post wasn't that exciting. The screenshots all looked much like Windows Mobile as we know it. It's upto Microsoft what they do with their property but seems like a fuss about nothing to me.

Don't worry, the post wasn't that exciting. The screenshots all looked much like Windows Mobile as we know it. It's upto Microsoft what they do with their property but seems like a fuss about nothing to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe they were embarrased by how much it looked like a Palm Desktop.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
I think if that happened Paul would probably not keep his MvP status much longer and wouldnt get any more invites to Mobius!!  :-"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no MVP and I am never invited to Mobius but I listened to Microsoft when they told me to remove these pictures because Microsoft is not our enemy, so better listen to them if it disturbs them.

Similarly I removed images/info about upcoming Samsung phones when I got request from Korea from Samsung about it - they do MS smarpthones - so they are my friends and I don't want to hurt them. (Samsung is preparing Microsoft Smartphone with built-in harddisk).

So relax, it is not censorship, it is just "not disturbing friends at MS".

Guest Chaser81
I have no MVP and I am never invited to Mobius but I listened to Microsoft when they told me to remove these pictures because Microsoft is not our enemy, so better listen to them if it disturbs them.

Similarly I removed images/info about upcoming Samsung phones when I got request from Korea from Samsung about it - they do MS smarpthones - so they are my friends and I don't want to hurt them. (Samsung is preparing Microsoft Smartphone with built-in harddisk).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, we got that. No one was seriously suggesting that Paul should sue them, it was a joke.

Guest Skitals

That investigator is actually a really nice guy... he called me and left a nice message :D I also got a (slightly different) email. There are sites with those screenshots all over the place, it would be hard to track em all down. And who knows how many other "cases" that guy is working 8)

Guest nickcornaglia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TRANSLATION: MSMobiles is trying to earn brownie points! :D

Guest Samsonite

when i worked for a Harley-Davidson dealership, a local glazing firm used the HD Bar and Sheild emblem as the outlining for their own firm name. It was only the merest doubletake to people who even recognised the similarity...

The HD Brand Manager saw it and released the hounds!

I saw the letters from the legal team in Milwaukee and the response from the glazing co.

The legalese was all 'cease and desist' and 'direct trademark contravention' speak and was not messing around with regard further action.

The response was an obviously scared guy who had consulted his own solicitors. He was very humble and borderline grovelly but i had to sympathise! Safe to say it was a fresh sign pretty quick..

The wording in the Microsoft e-mail is the same thing is a 'standard' trademark infringment and the corporate boys do take this quite seriously.

If i ran the article on a site and they sent me that... i'd take it down too!

Guest gryph0n

There are still a lot of sites that haven't been asked to remove such stories and pics. I am suprised that it has taken them this long to relize that it was here. Don't know if some have just managed to slip under the radar, or if google just isn't seeing it :D. Who knows, I won't be suprised to see something similiar in the coming future.

Edited by gryph0n

• 2 months later...
Guest squall

Rumour is that magneto will include push email for both ppc and smartphone.

So far I haven’t seen any defining new features in the os, but this would be pretty significant

• 3 weeks later...
Guest uzumaki_79

you'd have to go to law school first. here in the U.S., if you go to an ivy league law school (harvard, stanford, columbia, etc.), you can pretty much call yourself anything you want and get paid heaps of dosh for it, as long as you compose a well structured, and correct, brief about it.

it's what i plan to do. ;)

Isnt that what I do everyday??? Except with me they call it "web-surfer"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 month later...
Guest extravagant
Unfortunately we have removed our 'Windows Mobile Futures' post, as per an e-mail sent to Paul [MVP], MoDaCo founder.

;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.