Speaker problems

Guest raiderz

Guest raiderz

Hey has anyone else had this problem with their M2000. Sometimes when i recieve or make a call there is no speaker volume, the slider says its on full, but I can't hear anything, no ringing tone, and more importantly, no person on the other end.

A soft reset cures this problem but it is a little irritating cos I end up looking like a plank saying "hello.... hello.... hello" etc

I'm just wondering if anyone else have had this problem and if anyone has managed to cure it.

Yes, I have the same prob with mine - has happened a few times but have found no cure except as you say - soft reset

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only time I've not had sound through my phone is when it's sent it to my BT headset. Specifically on dialling out I get this.

On incoming calls it seems to be smart enough to send the sound to where I answer it, phone if I press the green button, headset if I press its answer button.

Could it be a headset issue for you? Do you use a headset?

Guest egghead101
Hey has anyone else had this problem with their M2000. Sometimes when i recieve or make a call there is no speaker volume, the slider says its on full, but I can't hear anything, no ringing tone, and more importantly, no person on the other end.

A soft reset cures this problem but it is a little irritating cos I end up looking like a plank saying "hello.... hello.... hello" etc

I'm just wondering if anyone else have had this problem and if anyone has managed to cure it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep same here...happens two or three times a week for me.... :cry:

hi,

i'm having exactly the same problem on my XDA IIs... its been happening on and off for the last couple of weeks now when i make out going calls... only thing that solves it is a reboot... (typical microsoft)... my bluetooth headset is definitely off, but it could be happening after i've disconnected the headset and switched the bluetooth off on the fone although i'm not 100 percent certain... could it be that the phones not switching the speaker back on after it disconnects from the headset??? anyone out there know which registry keys (if any) to check when it happens again???

someone please help... i also look like a plank saying "hello.... hello.... hello"...

hif.

Guest raiderz

Glad I'm not the only one looking like a plank!!!

After I posted the first post I went for a drive as a passenger, realised I hadn't paired my M3000 headset, paired it up, tried it by ringing 150 etc, everything fine... then swtiched bluetooth off... guess what... the next call I made.. no sound.

Soft reset and it works fine again. I'm going to deliberately not use B/T for a day and see what happens. I think it could be related, I have the O2 BT patch installed (3500) maybe it could be that??

Can anyone out there if its happened to them, post which version of BT they are using and whether it had been used prior to the sound going off. This is really driving me mad when im making calls as I then have to wait for the phone to reboot etc.

Guest raiderz

Deleted double post... my net connection is really really slow today for some reason causing me to enter post twice

Edited by raiderz

raiders,

i've also updated to the 3500 bluetooth build... i just read on on the xda-developer forum that people have had this problem before, but after they'de disconnected the wired headset... their solution was to plug it back in the take it out again... not as quick as u'd like with a bluetooth headset though... gonna try playing about with the bluetooth stuff once i've completed my full backup...

anyone out there have anymore details on this???

hif.

Guest theanarch1st

When it happens to me i just turn my bluetooth on and off however it hasn't happened since my hard reset from my disaster the other day

however it only started happening after i had the 3500 update, but i do have a problem with the keyboard not working since my hard reset, the device just powers off the slide out keyboard it doesn't light up or anything i have to soft reset to get the power back into it then it works fine until i come to use it at some point in the day and it just decides to not work again anyone found this??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jonwood10

Got my m2000 on wednesday last week.

I have had the same problem, but only on the handset (not used bluetooth enough yet)

Has anyone replaced their phone because of it? it's really annoying.

As I posted here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=197970&hl=speaker, I've had this occasionally. I never use a headset of any kind so was rather annoyed. Whipping the battery out fixes it for me. A real pain when making business calls, on a business phone... Looks really professional!

I'd get a replacement phone but I've been waiting for stock for the last 9 weeks!

Hi Folks,

I had a right b**king off the wife for this very same issue, :cry:

quote "i have been up and down to this phone three times this morning, what the bloody hell are you playing at? That phone is bloody rubish" :oops:

Her words not mine, I love my Blue Angel. I was not using any headset or bluetooth at the time. It was the first call of the day.

I have also had a caller who said I went very quiet, I was using Bluetooth at the time (Orange G2 bluetreck I think its called). Stoping and starting the Bluetooth worked for me.

When I lost sound I had to soft rest then it was fine. I have installed the intellidialer which gives predictive number look-up (like E200), it crossed my mind it might have been something to do with that at first, but perhaps not.

Just had the M2000 about a week, and it has the 3500 version of Bluetooth.

thanks

shaun

Guest raiderz
When I lost sound I had to soft rest then it was fine. I have installed the intellidialer which gives predictive number look-up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have intellidialler on mine too, wonder if this is connected.....

I used it today with a bluetooth car kit for the first time and i took 2 calls after i used it with the car kit, then speaker went off again about 2 hours after.

Could anyone else who is having problems confirm whether or not they use intellidialler ?

Guest Chimpanzee

I just think it's stupid that when you put the device on vibrate, the earpiece volume mutes aswell as the system sounds. what's the point in having a vibrate setting when it vibrates to let you know your getting a call but you can't hear the person talking to you?!?!? They should release an update to cure this!

Guest RussellH

So it does. I'm sure my original handset didn't do this. The replacement one does though. I can't have my phone ring at work, so I need it to be silent or to vibrate, and you're right - I can't hear the person calling me when the phone's set this way. Hopefully, someone here will come up with a solution. What you can do is slide the volume button on the side of the phone up as soon as you answer the call. This appears to work, but I must remember to put it back on silent or vibrate again afterwards!

Guest gunnermac

I got my M2000 on Friday last week. Got a Jabra BT250 as well. Got on the train on Tuesday, no Bluetooth attached and kept going in and out of signal, so put it in 'in flight' mode.

Got off at the station and tried to pick up my voicemail, but couldn't hear anything.

No new software - straight out of the box.

I think it is an issue with the OS personally that after a while it turns the speaker off and only a soft reset will fix it.

Let's hope there is a Firmware or OS update soon, because that is seriously going to pee me off. If it keeps doing it - it's going back to Orange full stop!

Guest MrOrangeShop

Lots of people in my store have had this problem, as have I.

I think it's happened to someone who never uses bluetooth as well.

I have noticed that it isn't completely silent when it happens. I can often hear a very quiet buzzing sound as the person speaks.

Hopefully it'll be as simple as a software upgrade but hope it's not hardware related.

Guest RussellH

My Bluetooth seems to works OK. I've got it connected to the Parrot Drive Blue thing, and I've not yet experienced problems with the volume in calls. I am having the same problems though that the_vinester mentioned earlier. Don't know if this is the same for everyone. Tapping the volume icon at the top and selecting either "Vibrate" or "Off" results in both the ringer and the in-call volume dropping to zero. I thought using the slide control volume button on the side of the phone during a call would restore the in-call volume, but it doesn't. The level moved up on the display, the call remained silent, and then the phone froze. I needed a soft reset to get it working again. The only thing I can do is to keep the volume setting to "On" and manually reduce the ringer volume down to zero. This appears to work OK. To use vibrate mode, I guess the only thing to do is to leave volume setting to "On" and change to vibrate using "Phone" options in "Settings". Anyone else getting this problem?

Guest the_evertonian

This problem has happened to me too - I've had my M2000 for about three weeks, and it happens at least twice a week.

Like others, I have found that a 'soft' reset temporarily cures the problem, but it always returns and is very annoying!

I have been wondering whether or not to return the phone, but I'm really not sure if that's the best option.

I don't know if my problem came as a result of bluetooth - if definitely happened BEFORE I had ever paired it with my BT headset, and also before I ever used my wired hands free kit that came with the phone.

It's happened on both incoming and outgoing calls, and basically, the call connects, but you can't hear the caller/recipient and they can't hear you.

Guest Shaunfarris

Me too,

The phone goes completely quiet, and it needs a Soft reset before it starts working again.

The caller the other end can always hear you, which makes you sound even more stupid when you call them back.

Any ideas what the problem is??

Could it be Bluetooth, as I use my Nokia HDW-2 earpeice every morning, and it seems that when it happens its usually the first incoming or outgoing call after disconnecting from the earpiece.

Cheers

/me adds his name to the list of people this happens to.

I also had 2 instances where I could hear the other person but they couldnt hear me earlier.

Mines a very early m2000, out of one of the first batches.

Guest martinlaidlaw

This happens to me too with my MDAIII!

I don't have a bluetooth headset (just use BT for activesyncing with my laptop)

People call me I can't hear them, so i hang up and try to call back, but still no sound! My mates all joke that my phone's crap (spent all that time showing off with it and then they can't call me on it!!)

As with everyone elses here, Only a soft reset works!

I did update my BT to the 3500 build, but I'm sure I had this problem before that.

Guest RussellH

I've been trying to figure out if there's anything particular I do that leads to this happening. So far, it seems that it happens every time I mute the phone. If I select "Off" or "Vibrate" on the phone volume setting from the homescreen, or if I manually slide the ringer volume down to zero, this appears to cause this problem. Restoring these settings back to anything other than zero doesn't make the in-call volume come back. Only a soft reset seems to work. The one exception was this morning. I tried going into the phone settings and selected Ring Type "None". This doesn't seem to have affected in-call volume YET, though I've only tried one outgoing call to test it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest raiderz
I've been trying to figure out if there's anything particular I do that leads to this happening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well since I got my Bluetooth car kit the speaker has been going off more regular, its really getting to annoy me now, I would ring Orange and complain but I don't really want to pay the admin charge for a replacement device.

Surely under the sale of goods act Orange can't charge a fee to replace a faulty item? Fair do's if it was damaged but charging for a faulty handset is a bit much.

Guest fraser
Surely under the sale of goods act Orange can't charge a fee to replace a faulty item?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, that's correct. However, they don't need to do next day delivery, no^H^Hfew questions asked. So, if you go through Orange care, you follow their rules.

Saying that, I've had two replacements since they started charging and I've never paid it. Both the faults were genuine hardware faults that were not my fault, and with a little bit of persauding, they waived it! 8)