Speaker problems

Guest raiderz

Guest RichardK

Think its about time Orange / o2 etc start telling customers that the m2000 isn't a phone but a connected pda. I realised this back in November and once u accept this you get much happier with device!

I upgraded my p910i to the m2000 and after a couple of days with it, bought a prepay 6230 on orange, put my sim card in the 6230 and the prepay sim in the m2000 and bought £100 of gprs pre pay credit. Got best of both worlds now and pretty happy

Guest the_evertonian
Think its about time Orange / o2 etc start telling customers that the m2000 isn't a phone but a connected pda. I realised this back in November and once u accept this you get much happier with device!

I upgraded my p910i to the m2000 and after a couple of days with it, bought a prepay 6230 on orange, put my sim card in the 6230 and the prepay sim in the m2000 and bought £100 of gprs pre pay credit. Got best of both worlds now and pretty happy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm starting to feel that way too - I have sent my M2000 back to One Stop Phone Shop for a replacement and am really missing it as a PDA after just two days. However, I've put my new Orange SIM (on OVP O2 400) back in my old Moto V600 and am enjoying having a decent phone again!

Can you buy GPRS credit on Orange PAYG?

Guest daron
I'm starting to feel that way too - I have sent my M2000 back to One Stop Phone Shop for a replacement and am really missing it as a PDA after just two days. However, I've put my new Orange SIM (on OVP O2 400) back in my old Moto V600 and am enjoying having a decent phone again!

Can you buy GPRS credit on Orange PAYG?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I think I am going to have to revert back to using a normall phone. I have had two instances where I have called someone and they cannot hear me. Its getting to the point where I will now only use my m2000 as a PDA, and go back to using my nokia 7650

Guest RussellH

I'm editing this post, as I don't think I was clear enough with what I was saying! R

I've been using bretto's PPCProfiles programme for a couple of weeks now, and this seems to improve the sound problems a lot. The bug whereby the sound suddenly disappears for no reason still occurs occasionally - about twice a week for me. This does seem to be less than before though. About a couple of times a week. I mentioned before that I think the bug may be linked in some way to adjusting the volume settings. Bretto's programme lets you have different volumes for each profile, which means I don't need to touch the phone's own volume control slider any more.

Just for the record, his profile software is great. It provides a facility I'm surprised the M2000 doesn't have in the first place. I should point out though that on the available version, the silent mode still sets the system volume to zero, which means that on the M2000, in-call volume goes off during the call. I e-mailed Bretto about this and he sent me an updated version that allows you to adjust this volume setting up again. This means I can now select a silent profile and still hear people in calls - Nice one bretto!

The programme has an option to include Bluetooth on, off or discoverable within each profile. This option doesn't currently work on the M2000, but I know Bretto's working on this.

I wanted to mention it though, because after using it for a couple of weeks, I find it totally invaluable.

Available here if you're interested:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=200102

Edited by RussellH

Guest WWWeed

This Stinks of a software proplem, Has anyone installed one of the software upgrades going about (i.e the imate one) on a M2000, this must have had the proplem sorted........

Guest bretto

Hi All

I just uploaded the pre-release beta of PPCProfiles-Pro which has the ability to set the in call speaker volume for each profile.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=202004&st=0

This might help with the problems you guys are experiencing.

If anyone would like to try it out and let me know if it does that would be great.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Bretto

Edited by bretto

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

I've noticed that this thread's gone very quiet for a while now. Are people still having this problem? The reason I ask, is that it's just occurred to me that it hasn't happened to me for over a week now. I can't think of anything I'm doing differently, other than using bretto's PPCProfiles programme to avoid touching the volume slider.

Guest raiderz
I've noticed that this thread's gone very quiet for a while now.  Are people still having this problem?  The reason I ask, is that it's just occurred to me that it hasn't happened to me for over a week now.  I can't think of anything I'm doing differently, other than using bretto's PPCProfiles programme to avoid touching the volume slider.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its something definately to do with Bluetooth, I used my B/T car kit last week of february, and it happened every day. The last few weeks I have been using my m2000 as normal, and its been fine, no probems whatsoever, on Monday i used it with my car kit again, and it went off on Monday night strangely after making some normal calls.

Guest the_evertonian
i have had it twice in a month, never used bluetooth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, mine was nothing to do with bluetooth - the problem occurred before I ever activated bluetooth. I never used the volume slider either.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest new_user_smartphone
Got the same problem with my m2000 as well.

does anyone have a fix yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here, I'm getting the same problem, funny thing is it didn't do it for the first two months but has just recently started, and it seems to be getting more frequent too. Hopefully someone from Orange is reading this thread and looking into a fix??

Bloody annoying having to soft reset each time. :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackmanalishi

Anyone know if this problem has been resolved?

I've been getting it too and I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with Bluetooth as I had never used B/T up to the point when this started happening.

It also doesn't only happen when mine is set to vibrate, and as far as I can recall has only happened on outgoing calls so far...

Guest raiderz
I've been getting it too and I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with Bluetooth as I had never used B/T up to the point when this started happening.

Well I was sure it was B/T because I got a Parrot Car Kit, used it for 2 weeks in February and every day the speaker went off, then during the middle of March I never used it, and my M2000 has been fine, then yesterday I used my car kit again, and last night guess what... about 3 hours after I turned B/T off no sound...

It doesn't go off straightaway thats what the annoying part. Takes about 2-3 hours and can recieve calls no problem then suddenly it goes off.

I just put Rom version 1.40 with Radio 1.12 last night lets hope when I try my car kit the problem has been solved.

Guest blackmanalishi

Weird...

Well I also was convinced it was something to do with having the phone on silent or vibrate, but I received 3 calls from someone yesterday while the phone was set to "loud" and couldn't hear the other person at all until I performed a reset. Again, this wasn't B/T related. I reckon (hope) it's just a software glitch, and maybe we need to escalate it to the people who can produce a patch or something?

Well I was sure it was B/T because I got a Parrot Car Kit, used it for 2 weeks in February and every day the speaker went off, then during the middle of March I never used it, and my M2000 has been fine, then yesterday I used my car kit again, and last night guess what... about 3 hours after I turned B/T off no sound...

It doesn't go off straightaway thats what the annoying part. Takes about 2-3 hours and can recieve calls no problem then suddenly it goes off.

I just put Rom version 1.40 with Radio 1.12 last night lets hope when I try my car kit the problem has been solved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest shardy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's just happened to me for the first time, and like with Raiderz it went off a couple of hours after making my first call with a BT headset! In between I was able to make and receive calls without a problem. Let us know if the new Rom makes a difference mate, I've held off putting it on my phone so far (mainly out of fear!) but I might give it a go. Any other comments on the 1.4 Rom?

Sam

It's just happened to me for the first time, and like with Raiderz it went off a couple of hours after making my first call with a BT headset! In between I was able to make and receive calls without a problem. Let us know if the new Rom makes a difference mate, I've held off putting it on my phone so far (mainly out of fear!) but I might give it a go. Any other comments on the 1.4 Rom?

Sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine has not had the problem for about a week now, until today, after I used Bluetooth again with my TomTom navigator.

I avoided using the Bluetooth to see if it made any difference, and sure enough I didn't have one single failure on the sound at all since not suing it.

So as far as I'm now concerned, my own problem on this phone is definatley 100% linked to the Bluetooth. Of that I've no doubt now.

I hope Orange are able to do something as its really annoying, but meantime I think I'll just have to do a soft reset after I've used Bluetooth every time.

I just hope Orange will do something about it, I'm sure they must be aware as I've now seen the problem reported on several forums. :roll:

Guest raiderz

Can people please post what rom versions they are using and the bluetooth stack version?

I'm using BT 3900 btw :roll:

Maybe by doing this we may be able to see if there are any combinations that work/don't work.

Edited by raiderz

Can people please post what rom versions they are using and the bluetooth stack version?

I'm using BT 3900 btw  :roll:

Maybe by doing this we may be able to see if there are any combinations that work/don't work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, Mines:

ROM version 1.31.00 WWE

Radio version 1.06.02

Hope it helps.

David

Guest shardy

I'm using BT 3900 btw  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using:

ROM: 1.31.1.124

Radio: 1.06.02

BT: 3900

Ext Rom: 1.31.124

Guest blackmanalishi

I have:

ROM: 1.31.00 WWE

Radio: 1.06.02

BT: 3500

Ext Rom: 1.31.124 WWE

For what it's worth I think B/T is just exacerbating the issue rather than being the root cause, as I had never used B/T when I first experienced the problem. I think it's more likely to be a Phone software or general O/S software glitch. Is it likely there will be any patches available for either the Phone or O/S??

I'm using:

ROM:       1.31.1.124

Radio:      1.06.02

BT:          3900

Ext Rom:  1.31.124

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by blackmanalishi

Guest fraser
For what it's worth I think B/T is just exacerbating the issue rather than being the root cause

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My experience says otherwise. I've only had this problem once and I've only used bluetooth once. The sound problem was right after messing around with BT.